Load Link

MikeJr

Staff member
By this methodology... can you sue your Email provider because someone sent you a scam Email and you decided to send them money, credit card info or banking information?

Jeeze people... vet your carries and load brokers... if something is off... have a conversation and express your concerns... if it still doesn't feel right don't take the freight or book the truck. Do the job and provide the service your being paid for (dealing with reputable companies is part of it).

Loadlink is a dating service for trucks & freight that's it.

have I ever been caught up in something that was multiple brokered sure... When it was over I figured out where the gap was and tried to tighten that up.

I sure as hell didn't go crying to LL because they let a guy that doesn't share the same business values as me on their site.

Voted post of the week in my books. well said!

Mike

Michael Ludwig

I don't buy it. We are after complaints department for allowing crooks on their site and giving them a platform to scam. VIJ LDH Transport has been a habitual fraudster and Loadlink gave them the platform to do this.
I would urge you to read, or reread as the case may be, posts #44 and #58 in this thread.
Nawk, Markhamboy, and Shakey are correct in their assessments.

For a new carrier's consideration:

Let's start with one simple, known truth; If you are looking to LoadLink to supply you with both outbound and inbound loads, you can stop reading at the end of this paragraph, and move on to another post. Do yourself (and your family, and friends) a favour, and give up on the fantasy that you can be a viable carrier in the over-the-road transportation industry, before you even start. It will save you a lot of anxiety, heartbreak, and financial ruin.

Good. You're still here.
Why do you have a LoadLink account?
Obviously you have it so you can find freight from point A to point B.
Have you examined your operations?
Chances are you run the same region to region lanes over and over. Say that is 75% of your workload.
After accessing your LoadLink account for a few months you should, if you have been paying attention, have a list of reliable brokers and carriers that you can consistently count on to provide you with freight between those regions that you commonly run.
Ask yourself the question again; Why do you have a LoadLink account?
Now that you have your list, you don't need your LoadLink account for 75% of your workload. You have direct access to those that have loads in those regions.
But, what about the remaing 25% of your workload?
Ask the names on your list. Now you've discovered they have half of your remaining workload covered, leaving you 12.5% of your entire workload that you need your LoadLink account for.
That LoadLink account is now getting pretty expensive per transaction you have remaining isn't it?
Eventually, likely within a year, 95-98% of your workload, IF YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION, will be covered by the list of reliable brokers and carriers that you have garnered from LoadLink.
Ask yourself the question again: Why do you have a LoadLink account?
Ineveitably you will lose lanes. That is a simple economic reality. But, that might be several months, or even a few years if you've chosen well, and now you need new opportunities. Again, look to your list. The reliable brokers and carriers on your list are always expanding and changing operations. More importantly, they always require honest, reliable, and trustworthy carriers to help them out. In the meantime you have saved yourself the exorbitant monthly subscription fees, and you can always sign back up to LoadLink for a few months if you need it again.
Look at it this way ...
LoadLink is the easy girl you needed when you were 15. She was never going to be your forever girl !!!
That list you made is the keeper.
(My apologies to those of other genders as this statement was rendered solely from a biological male point of view)

Mr. MB

All I did was out this on and look what it has become.

"Got an email from them that they are cracking down on double broking with a zero tolerance policy,"

Mr. MB

Actually....LL is concerned about a carrier booking a load from a posting of one of their customers and then brokering it out using LL to get it covered. If you got the load from a broker off of load link they don't care as much.

Either way, LL can easily fix this by removing the option of allowing posting US loads unless the poster has a FMCSA broker authority. Intra Canada would be harder to police.
I was around when trucking was regulated. None of this stuff happened, there were no load brokers and no load link. Everything was direct customers.

Mr. MB

These were the requirements of load link to become a member. I questioned the validity of the "approval process", which is why I requested the documents of X-Line as I could not find anything, after the fact, on this company. Most of the scams were done before I started working here. I began investigating but it was too late, she took off with the money. Now I have caught at least 6 on load link, two on the Dat Board as well, just by vetting them and when something was not right, I went further and saved the company bad debt.

Loadlink verifies the information below, in addition to other information that is not publicly shared before allowing any carriers access to the system.
Loadlink Carrier Requirements
- Articles of Incorporation or Business registration
- Insurance Certificate
- Safety
- Vehicle Registration
- Authorities
- Business Location
- Credit Score
If the documentation above does not pass our approval process, the application is denied.
We ask that our members work collaboratively with us to ensure that we uphold the best business practices associated with our industry. To do this successfully we strongly urge companies to perform their due diligence and follow some best practices that we, ourselves, take in knowing who you’re dealing with. Simple steps that often only take minutes can help validate and provide additional information on third parties.

Michael Ludwig

These were the requirements of load link to become a member. I questioned the validity of the "approval process", which is why I requested the documents of X-Line as I could not find anything, after the fact, on this company. Most of the scams were done before I started working here. I began investigating but it was too late, she took off with the money. Now I have caught at least 6 on load link, two on the Dat Board as well, just by vetting them and when something was not right, I went further and saved the company bad debt.

Loadlink verifies the information below, in addition to other information that is not publicly shared before allowing any carriers access to the system.
- Insurance Certificate
- Safety
- Vehicle Registration
- Authorities
- Business Location
- Credit Score
If the documentation above does not pass our approval process, the application is denied.
We ask that our members work collaboratively with us to ensure that we uphold the best business practices associated with our industry. To do this successfully we strongly urge companies to perform their due diligence and follow some best practices that we, ourselves, take in knowing who you’re dealing with. Simple steps that often only take minutes can help validate and provide additional information on third parties.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...
LoadLink wants that information from you to make sure LOADLINK gets paid !!!
LoadLink doesn't give a crap one way or the other whether you get paid or not.

For a number of legal reasons, LoadLink will not give you someone else's information.

Igor Galanter

- Insurance Certificate
- Safety
- Vehicle Registration
- Authorities
- Business Location
- Credit Score

Just for the sake of an argument only..

If you will insist to have all above documents presented to you for your company approval to do future business transactions, what is stopping your counterpart from requesting all of yours credentials for their approval to do a business with you?
In some cases you will be fine, because both parties are legit and really business oriented, but..
What if a crook will obtain your, very valuable, information and welcomed an identity theft..

Jim L

- Insurance Certificate
- Safety
- Vehicle Registration
- Authorities
- Business Location
- Credit Score
If these are the requirements for Loadlink to do business with them then you as a broker should ask for and receive the same documents. If/when they do not provide the documents then you can refuse to do business with them or take your chances.

I have gone through some pretty intrinsic onboarding procedures with some of my customers. On one hand it a PITA but on the other hand it keeps the riff raff out of their books.