Load Link

Fr8Guru

Plus it could help in reducing the instances of non payment of legitimate invoices within mutually agreed terms.
I'm going to play devil's advocate on the "club" (I actually think its a good idea)

Club's, by design, are limiting to who joins. There is a finite number of people who can join said club due to the restrictions.

Isn't this the exact opposite of what Loadlink wants from a shareholder / money making point of view?

loaders

Site Supporter
I'm going to play devil's advocate on the "club" (I actually think its a good idea)

Club's, by design, are limiting to who joins. There is a finite number of people who can join said club due to the restrictions.

Isn't this the exact opposite of what Loadlink wants from a shareholder / money making point of view?
Yes, of course. They will take quantity over quality every day of the week. We see the results of that business philosophy every day. Double brokering, fly by night carriers and brokers, constant non payment. Maybe, just maybe, this latest admission by LL that double brokering, while not necessarily illegal, is bad for business is the start of a small shift in that philosophy. However, I also thought that my lottery numbers were going to be picked last night!

Mr. MB

I think that Load Link is wasting their time trying to “crack down” on double brokering and I would really like to see how they worded that email. Let’s be honest here, most of the time when a shipment is double brokered, there are no negative results. What they should ”crack down” on is companies failing to pay legitimate freight invoices, regardless if the shipment is single brokered, double brokered, triple brokered, whatever. No question, double brokering is an unsavoury business, ripe for problems of every possible description, including non payment. However participating in it is not a crime and when done openly and transparently with the full knowledge and agreement of each party, is just a part of our industry. How a load board could monitor and enforce a ban on double brokering is beyond me. Non payment of invoices is much simpler and easier to manage.
I requested all the information from Load Link on X-line months ago, as per there own requirements. Load Link has yet to send me that information. If they do not have this information on fraudsters, then that would hold load link liable. Of course, only way to do it is through the courts. If Load Link faces hundreds or thousands of lawsuits, they could wind up ordered from the courts to do something about it.

Michael Ludwig

I requested all the information from Load Link on X-line months ago, as per there own requirements. Load Link has yet to send me that information. If they do not have this information on fraudsters, then that would hold load link liable. Of course, only way to do it is through the courts. If Load Link faces hundreds or thousands of lawsuits, they could wind up ordered from the courts to do something about it.
Explain that please.
As I read your post, you are insinuating X-Line is a fraudster. Has X-Line been charged or convicted of a fraud? If not, then your insinuation is nothing more than an opinion, and quite possibly a lot less.
Why do you think LL needs to acquiesce to your opinion?
Why do you think LL owes you information on one of their clients?
Why do you think LL is required to have information on "fraudsters"?
How does LL not having information on "fraudsters" make them liable for anything?
What could you, or anyone else for that matter, sue LL for?
LL provides a space where a party with something to sell can interact with a party that wants to buy something. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is not eBay. There are no guarantees. Due diligence is your responsibility, and yours alone.

REMEMBER: LoadLink is not a government entity responsible to the people. It is not a police force. It is not a court of law. It is not even regulated in any way, shape, or form. LoadLink is a for profit business that is responsible to shareholders only.

DISCLAIMER: Other than having been a LL client at one time, I have no interest in promoting, or demoting, LoadLink. My personal opinion is that LL is far too expensive for the value you receive, and that opinion is subject to change. There are other options in the market space, and the sooner carriers figure that out, the sooner these conversations bemoaning LL's perceived complicity in nefarious transactions will be less commonplace.

FWIW: I'm not trying to bust your balls here, even though I'm doing a good job of it, but you, and everyone else, needs to realize, and understand, LoadLink owes you nothing more than the opportunity to match your trucks with someone else's freight, and vice versa. That's it. That's all there is to it.

There are rotten apples in every barrel. LL is just selling you the barrel. It's your job to sort out the rots. LL's predicament is that if there are too many rots in their barrels, then their barrels are less valuable. It is in LL's best interest to keep up the quality of their apples, but they are not obligated to do so. In fact, at this point in time, they are not even incentivized to do so. Incentivization comes in the form of your monthly subscription payments, and those subscriptions are not falling off. If they were, you would see a noticeable change in the quality of their barrels, and this conversation would not be taking place.

Just my humble two cents worth.

Jim L

I requested all the information from Load Link on X-line months ago, as per there own requirements. Load Link has yet to send me that information.
What were you expecting them to send you? Loadlink is not going to give you anything except what you can screen shot off their system for the services you bought and paid for. I also don't think you'll ever find a court in Canada who would compel LL to give out whatever information they have.

The information required to get a Loadlink account is LoadLink's information to do with it what they may. If you pay the bill you get the service. If you stop paying the bill they contact you with the information you provided. If that doesn't work you lose your service.

loaders

Site Supporter
Asking LL for that carriers information after the fact, is a bit like trying to close the barn doors after the horses have bolted. Why didn’t you get that info directly from the carrier when you first set them up? I am assuming that X-Line is a carrier, but carrier or broker, it is up to you to vet your supplier/customer.

Mr. MB

They were check them out and there was an Xline in Quebec, plus load link has information in their profile. Many agents work for big companies. It was a QLine load that was triple brokered through a well orgainized scam. Happened when I just started working here and I put a more strigent vetting in place as Load Link could not be trusted to vet these companies properly, using there own standards.

Mr. MB

Explain that please.
As I read your post, you are insinuating X-Line is a fraudster. Has X-Line been charged or convicted of a fraud? If not, then your insinuation is nothing more than an opinion, and quite possibly a lot less.
Why do you think LL needs to acquiesce to your opinion?
Why do you think LL owes you information on one of their clients?
Why do you think LL is required to have information on "fraudsters"?
How does LL not having information on "fraudsters" make them liable for anything?
What could you, or anyone else for that matter, sue LL for?
LL provides a space where a party with something to sell can interact with a party that wants to buy something. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is not eBay. There are no guarantees. Due diligence is your responsibility, and yours alone.

REMEMBER: LoadLink is not a government entity responsible to the people. It is not a police force. It is not a court of law. It is not even regulated in any way, shape, or form. LoadLink is a for profit business that is responsible to shareholders only.

DISCLAIMER: Other than having been a LL client at one time, I have no interest in promoting, or demoting, LoadLink. My personal opinion is that LL is far too expensive for the value you receive, and that opinion is subject to change. There are other options in the market space, and the sooner carriers figure that out, the sooner these conversations bemoaning LL's perceived complicity in nefarious transactions will be less commonplace.

FWIW: I'm not trying to bust your balls here, even though I'm doing a good job of it, but you, and everyone else, needs to realize, and understand, LoadLink owes you nothing more than the opportunity to match your trucks with someone else's freight, and vice versa. That's it. That's all there is to it.

There are rotten apples in every barrel. LL is just selling you the barrel. It's your job to sort out the rots. LL's predicament is that if there are too many rots in their barrels, then their barrels are less valuable. It is in LL's best interest to keep up the quality of their apples, but they are not obligated to do so. In fact, at this point in time, they are not even incentivized to do so. Incentivization comes in the form of your monthly subscription payments, and those subscriptions are not falling off. If they were, you would see a noticeable change in the quality of their barrels, and this conversation would not be taking place.

Just my humble two cents worth.
Doesn't sound to humble to me. Sound very disprespectful towards myself.

loaders

Site Supporter
Don’t take it personally Mr.MB. In regards to Load Link, we should never count on anyone other than ourselves to be looking out for our best interests. Load Link can talk a good story, but at the end of the day, the only entity they are concerned about is themselves. Constant vigilance is the order of the day in these challenging times.

Michael Ludwig

Doesn't sound to humble to me. Sound very disprespectful towards myself.
Actually, it wasn't humble. I was making an effort to be sensitive to others' feelings.
In many cases in my oration I used the term "you" in the general, plural sense, and was not referring to you, as a person, specifically. If it was my lack of clarity that you understood it that way, and for that I do apologize.
In no way did I mean to disrespect you. It is rare that I would attack someone personally. However, had that been my purpose, it would have been abundantly clear that was my intent.

Mr. MB

What were you expecting them to send you? Loadlink is not going to give you anything except what you can screen shot off their system for the services you bought and paid for. I also don't think you'll ever find a court in Canada who would compel LL to give out whatever information they have.

The information required to get a Loadlink account is LoadLink's information to do with it what they may. If you pay the bill you get the service. If you stop paying the bill they contact you with the information you provided. If that doesn

Actually, it wasn't humble. I was making an effort to be sensitive to others' feelings.
In many cases in my oration I used the term "you" in the general, plural sense, and was not referring to you, as a person, specifically. If it was my lack of clarity that you understood it that way, and for that I do apologize.
In no way did I mean to disrespect you. It is rare that I would attack someone personally. However, had that been my purpose, it would have been abundantly clear that was my intent.
Ok, I have been in transportation office end since the mid 80's and drove in the mid 70's. I try to be respectful and professional in any debate. People who know me don't "bust my balls". However, I wll accept your apology.

Michael Ludwig

Ok, I have been in transportation office end since the mid 80's and drove in the mid 70's. I try to be respectful and professional in any debate. People who know me don't "bust my balls". However, I wll accept your apology.
We have an accord :)

boxermom

Got an email from them that they are cracking down on double broking with a zero tolerance policy,
I don't buy it. We are after complaints department for allowing crooks on their site and giving them a platform to scam. VIJ LDH Transport has been a habitual fraudster and Loadlink gave them the platform to do this.

Nawk

I don't buy it. We are after complaints department for allowing crooks on their site and giving them a platform to scam. VIJ LDH Transport has been a habitual fraudster and Loadlink gave them the platform to do this.
By this methodology... can you sue your Email provider because someone sent you a scam Email and you decided to send them money, credit card info or banking information?

Jeeze people... vet your carries and load brokers... if something is off... have a conversation and express your concerns... if it still doesn't feel right don't take the freight or book the truck. Do the job and provide the service your being paid for (dealing with reputable companies is part of it).

Loadlink is a dating service for trucks & freight that's it.

have I ever been caught up in something that was multiple brokered sure... When it was over I figured out where the gap was and tried to tighten that up.

I sure as hell didn't go crying to LL because they let a guy that doesn't share the same business values as me on their site.

Last edited:

markhamboy

By this methodology... can you sue your Email provider because someone sent you a scam Email and you decided to sent them money, credit card info or banking information?

Jeeze people... vet your carries and load brokers... if something is off... have a conversation and express your concerns... if it still doesn't feel right don't take the freight or book the truck. Do the job and provide the service your being paid for (dealing with reputable companies is part of it).

Loadlink is a dating service for trucks & freight that's it.

have I ever been caught up in something that was multiple brokered sure... When it was over I figured out where the gap was and tried to tighten that up.

I sure as hell didn't go crying to LL because they let a guy that doesn't share the same business values as me on their site.
Spot on!

Shakey

Site Supporter
I'm not sure how people not doing their due diligence is LL's fault. Tighten up your carrier compliance. Visit carriers to ensure they are who they say they are. Let loads sit instead of using unknown carriers.

Stop blaming everyone but the person who picked the carrier.