Load Link

EricG

Site Supporter
You will better odds of hitting Mega Millions in the USA twice in 1 year, without purchasing a ticket, versus Link actually having a zero tolerance policy that is properly enforced imo... but I'm waiting for Link to prove me wrong! I'm be the happiest wrong man alive!

Mario

You will better odds of hitting Mega Millions in the USA twice in 1 year, without purchasing a ticket, versus Link actually having a zero tolerance policy that is properly enforced imo... but I'm waiting for Link to prove me wrong! I'm be the happiest wrong man alive!
For the rates Loadlink is charging and more and more companies shutting down, I think Eric is right on the money. I complained numerous times on double brokered loads we we were not paid on and no response from Loadlink. Not even acknowledging they received a complaint.

loaders

Site Supporter
I think that Load Link is wasting their time trying to “crack down” on double brokering and I would really like to see how they worded that email. Let’s be honest here, most of the time when a shipment is double brokered, there are no negative results. What they should ”crack down” on is companies failing to pay legitimate freight invoices, regardless if the shipment is single brokered, double brokered, triple brokered, whatever. No question, double brokering is an unsavoury business, ripe for problems of every possible description, including non payment. However participating in it is not a crime and when done openly and transparently with the full knowledge and agreement of each party, is just a part of our industry. How a load board could monitor and enforce a ban on double brokering is beyond me. Non payment of invoices is much simpler and easier to manage.

loaders

Site Supporter
That is an admirable effort, however it will be like all other Load Link initiatives, strictly complaint driven. Once a complaint is received, they will have to investigate the details and gather pertinent information before making their decision. This takes time and staff resources. Hey, if it stops even one bad guy from defrauding a carrier, broker or shipper, great. I just think they should focus their efforts on non payment issues. It is a much simpler situation…..either the bill is paid or it isn’t. In many cases, non payment and double brokering go hand in hand,

DBHill

Many of the larger carriers are using owner operators...sometimes under their cvor ...sometimes not.

Will LL be terminating their contracts? I don't think so.

Ll will go after the small guys.

Rob

Site Supporter
Many of the larger carriers are using owner operators...sometimes under their cvor ...sometimes not.

Will LL be terminating their contracts? I don't think so.

Ll will go after the small guys.
An OO leased on is not double brokering nor shady I do not understand how you could think it is? Also if a carrier has a cvor and sell a load to another carrier so long as they ate billing their client directly how is that off either?

DBHill

I don't make the rules. Owner operators can certainly be deemed as a carrier.
I think it depends on who's ccor, insurance and more.
If a carrier gives a shipment to another carrier, I think loadlonk is stating that this is double. Brokering.

Rob

Site Supporter
I don't make the rules. Owner operators can certainly be deemed as a carrier.
I think it depends on who's ccor, insurance and more.
If a carrier gives a shipment to another carrier, I think loadlonk is stating that this is double. Brokering.
Don't think as your making my head hurt trying to figure out what the hell you are saying. So if i have a direct customer load I bill my client who is the shipper and do not have a truck to do it so I give the load to you to do that is double brokering huh? Are you new or do you just have no idea of what you are talking about?

DBHill

That's exactly what LL is concerned about. Tbe carrier you give the load to not getting payment. Two members arguing and complaining about payments. Yes I am new.

JN1981

That's exactly what LL is concerned about. Tbe carrier you give the load to not getting payment. Two members arguing and complaining about payments. Yes I am new.
LL is concerned about a carrier getting a load from a load broker(who is billing a third party) and then selling that load to another carrier. They are not concerned about a carrier selling a direct customer load to another carrier.

Rob

Site Supporter
That is not double brokering. Carriers have customers too do you realize that?? So if I do not have a truck for my own direct customer load what am I supposed to do with the load? Tell my customer Fuck off as somebody on the internet says it is double brokering?? HOW IS THAT? If I give a load to you where is the double??? Now if you sell it to another that is double brokering but ONE transaction between carriers is NOT double brokering. You get it yet?

Rob

Site Supporter
LL is concerned about a carrier getting a load from a load broker(who is billing a third party) and then selling that load to another carrier. They are not concerned about a carrier selling a direct customer load to another carrier.
LOL You and I know that but well....................... This industry is rack full of folks that need to learn at least the basics before they type,

loaders

Site Supporter
There is nothing wrong with a carrier selling one of his own customers loads to another carrier……provided he is registered as a broker. If the carrier he sold the load to decides to re-sell it to a third carrier…..that is double brokering. Similarly, if a load broker decides to sell a load to another load broker, the moment that broker sells the load to a carrier…..that is double brokering.

Jim L

Actually....LL is concerned about a carrier booking a load from a posting of one of their customers and then brokering it out using LL to get it covered. If you got the load from a broker off of load link they don't care as much.

Either way, LL can easily fix this by removing the option of allowing posting US loads unless the poster has a FMCSA broker authority. Intra Canada would be harder to police.

loaders

Site Supporter
Actually....LL is concerned about a carrier booking a load from a posting of one of their customers and then brokering it out using LL to get it covered. If you got the load from a broker off of load link they don't care as much.

Either way, LL can easily fix this by removing the option of allowing posting US loads unless the poster has a FMCSA broker authority. Intra Canada would be harder to police.
If LL was more concerned about who they are selling their services to as opposed to getting the cheque for that service (and repeatedly increasing their fees), it would go a long way in shaking out the bad actors, carrier and broker alike. Having a broken down straight truck parked in the yard allowing someone to obtain a CVOR, does not make them a carrier. Nor does simply having a phone and an internet connection make someone a freight broker

DBHill

I've worked at a few logistics companies before starting my own transport business.

1. I have seen LL contact carriers for payments if a dispute arises with another member.
2. If you hold another members freight, they will turn off your Ll.

3. An owner operator working for you, but using his own cvor etc, is the end carrier.
So yes, when you transfer freight to an owner operator, that can.be considered re brokering freight.

There is clarification under both the HTA and Tbe BLA.