Hub Group Oakville office

Shakey

Site Supporter
They are shutting down all the operations other than the TDL group and the sales force. Everything will be run out of Oak Brook office and they already have 20 staff up here being trained by the people that are losing their jobs.................

Shakey

Site Supporter
thebluffs1 only one brother left Barry, Tom left when they became a corporate office from an agency and pretty sure he is part owner of AC Transport.

Last edited:

thebluffs1

Site Supporter
Good to know - not a lot of love lost since one of Tom's clients totalled a trailer of mine with their forklift and he refused to do anything about it- because everything should be borne on the back of the carrier. I"m not normally one to wish ill on anyone, but in this case it couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of people.
(I'm sure there's people who say that about me too )

Sal S

Suspended Member
I am shocked to see how many bankruptcies and closures there have been in our industry this year.

Rob

Site Supporter
I am shocked to see how many bankruptcies and closures there have been in our industry this year.

I have heard of 30-40 truck fleets getting 100% insurance increases so I am sure that will start some closings.

theman

I'm an ex-Hubber. Believe it or not, Tom was the better of the O'Neills. There were always HR violation types of issues there which led to HQ cancelling the franchise agreement a few years back. A very large percentage of the clientele were US-based as well so they figured they could solve those ongoing problems by running the operation centrally. I'm not convinced it's a great idea and also I'm not so sure it's not politically motivated as well. The Oakville office is one of the larger offices of Hub Group. The sales force is also losing their jobs by the way.

Money is definitely not the problem, the corporation continues to do quite well ... don't worry about getting paid. This is being done to solve other issues going on there.

There are some good people that are still there that I wish the best for.

Weallw8

I'm an ex-Hubber. Believe it or not, Tom was the better of the O'Neills. There were always HR violation types of issues there which led to HQ cancelling the franchise agreement a few years back. A very large percentage of the clientele were US-based as well so they figured they could solve those ongoing problems by running the operation centrally. I'm not convinced it's a great idea and also I'm not so sure it's not politically motivated as well. The Oakville office is one of the larger offices of Hub Group. The sales force is also losing their jobs by the way.

Money is definitely not the problem, the corporation continues to do quite well ... don't worry about getting paid. This is being done to solve other issues going on there.

There are some good people that are still there that I wish the best for.

I worked with Both Tom and Barry both before and after the takeover from Corporate in Chicago in '13. Both are very different for being brothers and both have pros/cons. Doubt I would work for either again, but I have respect for both for the most part. I'm pretty happy that I decided to move on 2 years ago, that's a fact.

I have family there currently, at least for now, but it's a sad time for 29 people that have been advised they are no longer needed and that to get fully compensated, they have to stay for the working notice and train U.S. people to do their jobs.... can't imagine what that is like. They are also downsizing in the U.S. and have let a good number of people go from various offices.

There are some great people that are now going to be looking for jobs, if you have something, get it posted here!

Cheers!

accounter

Suspended Member
I speak to Hub. they still pay all bills but only make a business decision as they lose money in some area they tell me.

GSJGCE

This was 2 years ago, so probably not much point bringing it up now. We were short paid by $200 Alexander Boisseau and Mike Boisseau and a third person to I believe all just ignored me when asking why.

tasuinam

Did a load for The HUB Group Inc. - delivered 29/10/2021 - don't remember signing up for quick pay - but even if I did they EFT me minus the 2% on 22/11/2021...
their documents say quick pay is at 2% - 2days - when I asked AP they emailed saying quick pay s at 2% - 4 days... I am trying to do the math as to how it was quick pay from 29/10 - 22/11 ... even if it is only working days..

Waiting for my $58 back - will keep you posted - it's the principle..I worked to earn that money - DO NOT STEAL
Anyone worked with them?

Item 1: Their agreement - I did not sign the quick pay and did not include the 'discount' on my invoice
1637684933760.png

Item 2: email from AP after I challenged the discount
1637685029172.png

Jim L

You must've signed the quick pay form which means all your invoices will be paid as quick pay. Ask them to rescind the quick pay document so that you are paid in 30 days in full.

As for the delay, I don't know how to explain it? Maybe you sent it late?

tasuinam

You must've signed the quick pay form which means all your invoices will be paid as quick pay. Ask them to rescind the quick pay document so that you are paid in 30 days in full.

As for the delay, I don't know how to explain it? Maybe you sent it late?
Nope - I have time stamps on the Transflo and email... they are claiming they did not receive my EFT info till 18/11... well if they didn't have it in 4 days why not email me right then asking for it.... also sent them my carrier packet that has the banking info....