Galaxy Freightline Inc. - Etobicoke

We have/and still use them. Never had a problem
May I ask what is the transit time VIA rail to Vancouver?
Because they picked 10 skids on the 10th and it was deliver on the 16th AM in Vancouver.
 
Happy to hear you're happy.
Per posted shipping schedule online, CP transit time from Toronto to VCR is:
* Cut off 19:00 Available Day 4 Morning*
 
CP is very consistent, barring de-railments and extreme weather. We use them several times per week for FTL. Maryp is correct so in markhamboy's example the container would have arrived the 14th. Not saying that Galaxy does this as we don't use them. Ed1 on here is from there I believe and fairly active here so I am sure once he sees this posting he will chime in.
 
Agreed - CP is usually good.
My issue/concern is not with CP but rather carriers who lie about putting freight on intermodal and then charging OTR rates. It's just a matter of integrity (or lack thereof) that gets to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: markhamboy
Agreed Maryp. The rate should reflect according to the the service. Need to have a chat with them.
You all have a great and safe weekend.
 
We have used them on multiple loads to and from Nova Scotia this year, and unfortunately, nearly every shipment has had significant issues.

On one exclusively booked load, they took over 22 days to deliver, and when we questioned the transit time, we were told that if we didn’t like it, they could “drop our freight on the side of the road.”

We also had two exclusive shipments that were to be sealed. They crossdocked, reloaded freight mixed up, skids were left behind.
 
Galaxy almost exclusively consolidates and rails loads.

Just a known thing in the industry that Galaxy rails everything.

Story time - New dispatcher here booked Galaxy on a ON to AB, dedicated FTL. Ops manager told him I would cancel, its going to be railed and late 3-4 days. I chimed it, said the same thing. response - Nah its dedicated FTL, I have a contact who just started there and he wouldn't mess around.

1 week later, product is late. Line is shut down and the "contact" says he has no control over what ops did.
 
For a highly sensitive team service shipment, shouldn't someone check the side of the truck being loaded and verify that with the carrier name the broker gave the shipper? Every now and then, a brokerage could send the sales rep for the account to check the truck at the time of loading. If it were that important a shipment. Just saying.

I had a JIT account back in the day where the loads that were being delivered at 6:00AM had to arrive on time because they went into production for that shift. Many a day I was present to ensure the delivery happened without a hitch. Don't miss those days at all!

Ah, the things we do for our employer and customer...

Keep well,
Mike
 
  • Like
Reactions: martini and Nawk
For a highly sensitive team service shipment, shouldn't someone check the side of the truck being loaded and verify that with the carrier name the broker gave the shipper? Every now and then, a brokerage could send the sales rep for the account to check the truck at the time of loading. If it were that important a shipment. Just saying.

I had a JIT account back in the day where the loads that were being delivered at 6:00AM had to arrive on time because they went into production for that shift. Many a day I was present to ensure the delivery happened without a hitch. Don't miss those days at all!

Ah, the things we do for our employer and customer...

Keep well,
Mike
I suspect that -

1) He is grandstanding about how important he is and the load is not 7 figures. If it really was 7 figures and he did this... well you get what you deserve

2) Customer isn't actually the shipper and from my guess, is likely the receiver. Who in turn checked the side of the truck and it wasn't Galaxy that was on site.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeJr and LrgCar
I suspect that -

1) He is grandstanding about how important he is and the load is not 7 figures. If it really was 7 figures and he did this... well you get what you deserve

2) Customer isn't actually the shipper and from my guess, is likely the receiver. Who in turn checked the side of the truck and it wasn't Galaxy that was on site.

What I was thinking: Either grandstanding or you gotta be a special kind of stupid to tender a "7-figure" load to a known double broker/railroading carrier with public reviews of holding loads hostage and countless posts about railroading. I'm sure this posting firm views this forum; a quick search would have saved them a headache. Do better people! These resources are here for you to use.


The review below is only a year old.

1791224660903.png
 
The only 7 figure shipment I ever handled (it was actually 8) there were only 3 people in the company who knew about it. It did not go into our traditional order entry system so no one knew it existed, it traveled via armed and armored convoy (provided by the customer) and absolutely there was a background check performed by the customer on the driver who was well compensated for the load.

Something isn't adding up on that freighguard report, you're right.

Keep well,
Mike
 
  • Like
Reactions: LrgCar
The only 7 figure shipment I ever handled (it was actually 8) there were only 3 people in the company who knew about it. It did not go into our traditional order entry system so no one knew it existed, it traveled via armed and armored convoy (provided by the customer) and absolutely there was a background check performed by the customer on the driver who was well compensated for the load.

Something isn't adding up on that freighguard report, you're right.

Keep well,
Mike
Did armed escort Apple loads a few times out of PA.. They where worth if i remember correctly like 1.8 a load back 10 years or so ago.. Do some high dollar automation equipment but client supplies insurance on the loads and if I ever sell one it is too a known carrier I trust which is a pretty short list. ..
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeJr