Dispatch Software List

tasuinam

I have used Avaal's' dispatch software and now am using ITS:

Avaal's Software: was limited to use on a particular machine - and I didn't find it flexible - was slow and I have a very fast / good computer
ITS - very flexible, web based and generates quotes etc... would recommend - allows for you to dispatch to teams and multiple drivers eg. someone loads and brings to yard and then another driver takes it to deliver
generates driver pay with all the wait time etc if you feed it in - easy set up

TRC604

I have used Avaal's' dispatch software and now am using ITS:

Avaal's Software: was limited to use on a particular machine - and I didn't find it flexible - was slow and I have a very fast / good computer
ITS - very flexible, web based and generates quotes etc... would recommend - allows for you to dispatch to teams and multiple drivers eg. someone loads and brings to yard and then another driver takes it to deliver
generates driver pay with all the wait time etc if you feed it in - easy set up
Odd.

We use Avaal and I love it. Very reliable for us.

Bobby12364

Odd.

We use Avaal and I love it. Very reliable for us.

It's slow, our computers are updated with the latest chip sets and it still feels like I'm using software in the 90's.

No written support documentation for quick fixes, 99% of the time support is required remotely via remote access, language barriers with support staff can be a headache sometimes (but they're very polite and professional nevertheless).

Good: Uses an SQL database which is time tested and reliable, has a large list of features and we're discovering new ones everyday.

If they could get the response time up, include hot-key capabilities, it would probably be perfect. But those 1 second delays when were updating loads can be annoying when you're so used to responsive software with little to no input lag. Lastly, if they added the ability to upload the company server to cloud hosting then your at least the "main server" computer wont need to be on all the time.

TRC604

It's slow, our computers are updated with the latest chip sets and it still feels like I'm using software in the 90's.

No written support documentation for quick fixes, 99% of the time support is required remotely via remote access, language barriers with support staff can be a headache sometimes (but they're very polite and professional nevertheless).

Good: Uses an SQL database which is time tested and reliable, has a large list of features and we're discovering new ones everyday.

If they could get the response time up, include hot-key capabilities, it would probably be perfect. But those 1 second delays when were updating loads can be annoying when you're so used to responsive software with little to no input lag. Lastly, if they added the ability to upload the company server to cloud hosting then your at least the "main server" computer wont need to be on all the time.
Yeah their techs are all based somewhere in India but we found them to be decent at what they do.

That in comparison to our old ELD provider, HUTCH. Those guys were a nightmare to deal with.

RAINDOG

I find the DOS based/looking systems better for planning, order entry communication - especially with large fleets, ie, Strategy, AS400 but very complicated when it comes to LTL. Good for people who like to use the keyboard and not the mouse - and many cool built in features in those programs as you get more into using them. Creating master orders to do LTL is a pain though, and some dispatchers find it too troublesome to even bother which could result in lost potential revenue.

The Windows based/looking systems seem to be better for LTL'ing for some reason - (Fleet, Truckmate), but I don't like the trip based set up - I like to have a planning screen. With large fleets, this can get complicated and yes there are reports, but I like the information to be available and not have to hunt for it. With smaller fleets, it is much more manageable as I write out my planning anyways; it is just a matter of having the system match the plan. Great for LTL though, and very easy to set up trips, and create orders, ACI/ACE etc.

I tend to still prefer the DOS type programs, my favourite one so far being Strategy despite the horrible LTL setup, I found planning to be the most effective in that program. It was also the first program I learned with, so it may have a large part to do with that.

Thefriendlybroker1

Any good options for Freight broker specific TMS? We are on ITS-dispatch, but history search is limited, can't run multi currency reports and crashes a lot lately. Looked at Rose rocket and it's about 1400 USD for 1000 loads a month, which is on the high end. ITS was under 150.00/ month

Tip15

Any good options for Freight broker specific TMS? We are on ITS-dispatch, but history search is limited, can't run multi currency reports and crashes a lot lately. Looked at Rose rocket and it's about 1400 USD for 1000 loads a month, which is on the high end. ITS was under 150.00/ month
Unfortunately you do get what you pay for when it comes to TMS Software. We recently switched from OPS Center (powered by Loadlink) which was not to bad overall to Logistics Manager by TranPlus. The TransPlus TMS is far superior when it comes to reporting, currrencies, managing carrier compliancy, exporting AR/AP to Qucik Books etc.

Jim L

Unfortunately you do get what you pay for when it comes to TMS Software. We recently switched from OPS Center (powered by Loadlink) which was not to bad overall to Logistics Manager by TranPlus. The TransPlus TMS is far superior when it comes to reporting, currrencies, managing carrier compliancy, exporting AR/AP to Qucik Books etc.
We use TransPlus as well - thumbs up for this product. I also noticed that lots of other carriers/brokers also use the same software.

Rob

Site Supporter
We use TransPlus as well - thumbs up for this product. I also noticed that lots of other carriers/brokers also use the same software.
Us as well had it since 2006 great system until you make a mistake then it is a pita.

Nawk

Us as well had it since 2006 great system until you make a mistake then it is a pita.
We use TransPlus for our brokerage... I agree, it can be really quirky especially if you are trying to change something in the middle of a complicated shipment. Then you have to take the trip all apart to make the changes and put it all back together again.

Reactions: Rob

OLD GUY

This list was complied in no particular order: feel free to review these companies

Dispatch Software

ROADVision Canada
384 Rossmore Blvd., Burlington, ON, L7N 1S1
905-464-7517
Computac Incorporated

Avaal Technology Solutions
2 Automatic Road, Unit 110, Brampton, ON, L6S 6K8
905-595-1313, 1-877-995-1313
1-877-995-1310
Avaal Brampton, Toronto, Specializing in ACE emanifest CTPAT Logistics Dispatch Truck Carrier Computer Training and Dispatch Trucking Software

Loadpoint Logistics
71 McLaren Rd, Campbellville, ON, L0P1B0
(905) 307-5128
LoadPoint Login

Arcline (2000) Inc.
1989 Commerce Park Drive, Innisfil, ON, L9S 4A3
705-431-2028, 800-364-4905
705-431-4248
Trucking Dispatch and Freight Broker Software | Arcline 2000

Miradev Inc
12640 48th ave., Montreal, QC, H1E 2G4
514-591-3687
miraDev inc.

Rotella Software
897 Trudeau Drive, Milton, ON, L9T 5T6
(289) 878-9926
Dispatching Software, Trucking Software, Mileage Software, Transportation Software, Routing Software, Fueltax Software, Driverlog Software, and Logistics Software for Truckers, Companies, Shippers, and Brokers.

Tailwind Management Systems Inc.
Unit C - 12343 104th Ave, Surrey, BC, V3V3H2
604-583-2266, 1-800-441-0441
604-588-1846
Trucking Software, Dispatch Software, Freight Broker Software, Logistics Software | Tailwind Systems

Em Data Consultants Inc.
42 Queen Street South, Suite 201, Mississauga, ON, L5M 1K4
905-858-8442
905-858-8408
UFOS

Axon Trucking Software
15 Innovation Boulevard #304, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 2X8
306-249-5050, 1-800-567-8385
306-249-5054
Trucking Software and Dispatch Software

Freight Logix Inc.
300-247 North Service Road, Oakville, ON, L6M 3E6
905-337-7190
905-337-7491
www.freightlogix.com

Accord Software
390 Edgeley Blvd., Concord, ON, L4K 3Z6
905-660-7419
905-660-7420
Trucking Software | TL-LTL software | Transportation Management Software - Accord Software
Xpert Soloutions 416-451-8942 has everything for $100 a month, don't buy software you will never need.

Jim L

Here's a little something I read about a while back ...
When purchasing cloud based software solutions, read the fine print of the contract. You may find that you are NOT the owner of your data !!!
Which means that your data could be sold to anyone for real cheap. Imagine all your customers and rates going to someone for a couple thousand dollars.

Everything in house for me and setup remote access into the facility. It pays off in the long run.

Michael Ludwig

That's exactly what it means Jim.
I can just picture all the good people here who are getting a "spectacular" deal on their software, reading their contracts and coming to the conclusion that they don't own their own data !!!

tasuinam

Here's a little something I read about a while back ...
When purchasing cloud based software solutions, read the fine print of the contract. You may find that you are NOT the owner of your data !!!
absolutely - had this issue with our not for profit. If the clod based data is in the US then you are not the owner