Who the hell?

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
We ship LTL to the west on rail (5 to 12 shipments daily) and in the summer they basically do exactly what they say but come winter there is no guarrantee and if it's a lot of snow or really cold then expect a lot of missed deliveries and not by an hour it is days. Anyone who uses rail can tell you almost exactly how many missed appointments they will have a year because of rail delays and if that is acceptable to you and your customer then rail is definitely the way to go. One thing to remember if you are using heated service and the train is delayed in Saskatchewan they do not care if they heater runs out of fuel and to bad about your product.

bull958

Site Supporter
Not to jump on the band wagon but...
This person has nothing positive to add to this site and if you look back at previous posts you'll see what I mean.

crustyold

There are alot of carriers out there that are busting the industry with the rates they are providing...as the customer I would like a carrier to be steady with there rates in good times and bad...what happened to the quality of service...cheaper is not always better...ripped tarps equal big claims...I believe that a flatbed company shows their workmanship while going down the road and the rates should be ajusted accordingly. Bring back the quality!!!!

Freight Broker

I agree Rob Looks like freight like trains better than trucks Maybe there is a site called inside trains just for him

This site is called inside TRANSPORT...I use both truck and rail...alot of people do..double stack volumes are WAY up...maybe you need to inform yourself.

Freight Broker

Not to jump on the band wagon but...
This person has nothing positive to add to this site and if you look back at previous posts you'll see what I mean.

Your reading comprehension must be poor..Read my replies on how to prevent double brokering..my methods will stop double brokering dead in its tracks... try it...you can thank me later.

Freight Broker

There are alot of carriers out there that are busting the industry with the rates they are providing...as the customer I would like a carrier to be steady with there rates in good times and bad...what happened to the quality of service...cheaper is not always better...ripped tarps equal big claims...I believe that a flatbed company shows their workmanship while going down the road and the rates should be ajusted accordingly. Bring back the quality!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly...thanks for posting. Rates need to be competitive but too many people forget the old truism: you get what you pay for.

Sorry Mr Bull but it is hard to post postive messages when every day some Load Broker offers $1.40 per mile flatbed freight or one of my customers calls to say they just had a broker in who says he can move the freight for half of what they are paying now When in reality they can't and will find that out very quickly A lot of posts on here refer to not getting paid ( from a broker I might add) that does not appear to be postitive either I prefer to live in the real world because mt Rose Colored glasses are in for repair 40 years in this industry will do this to you PS I was tuging on freight brokers chain

bull958

Site Supporter
No need for the sorry Bacon, my comment was directed at Freight Broker. Sorry for the confusion.