NJ Transport

Gagan1987

yes mandy kiran and one other chick extremely rude and unprofessional, been in this industry for 20 years and most worst experience with this company

Deisel1

Never dealt with these people, but thankful about this thread, because I was close to giving a LTL from PA to Delta.
I guess all those complaints to Loadlink have fallen in deaf ears, they have 3 pages of load availability on link.
Thanks again Inside Transport.

dispatch23

Karen is a WITCH. We had them pick something up going LTL.
They said they could deliver by the date and time we needed. They waited until the day before to let us know they were not able to fill their truck so it would not be going out until a week from the day it NEEDED to deliver. We rushed and got someone else on it to pick it up and now Karen is holding the freight hostage and REFUSING to give it to another driver that we have sent in.

Definitely will NEVER use again and will advise EVERYONE to not use them again. She is stating we need to do an EFT for the full amount before she will release the freight.

loaders

Site Supporter
Holding freight hostage is extremely unprofessional and unethical. It only belongs in the realm of kidnappers, desperadoes, scoundrels, and other low-life scum who do not deserve membership in our industry, or any other for that matter. Although no one enjoys feeling the cold, hard steel of "having a gun to your head", you are doing the right thing....keep them calm, pay them what they want and then, once your freight is released, sing as loud as you can from the highest rafters about how bad they are. Just like rats, companies like this hate having the spotlight on them. They much prefer to scurry about in the shadows. going about their nefarious activities.

TRC604

Holding freight hostage is extremely unprofessional and unethical. It only belongs in the realm of kidnappers, desperadoes, scoundrels, and other low-life scum who do not deserve membership in our industry, or any other for that matter. Although no one enjoys feeling the cold, hard steel of "having a gun to your head", you are doing the right thing....keep them calm, pay them what they want and then, once your freight is released, sing as loud as you can from the highest rafters about how bad they are. Just like rats, companies like this hate having the spotlight on them. They much prefer to scurry about in the shadows. going about their nefarious activities.

I disagree with this somewhat. I've held freight only when invoices reached the triple digits days outstanding and I received the run around time and time again in regards to how to get paid. Unfortunately there are some unscrupulous brokers that will do anything they can to avoid paying carriers for services they provide. There's something seriously wrong when two parties can profit from services provided and the guy doing the actual work gets stiffed sometimes for months on end and might not get paid at all. It isn't pretty, I don't like doing it I just want to make sure I'm paid at the end of the day.

loaders

Site Supporter
TRC604, once a valid invoice reaches triple digit days past due, and you have done everything in your power to receive compensation, including demand letters, legal notification etc. I still believe it is improper to accept a shipment from the delinquent party, knowing full well that delivery will not occur until all your past due accounts are brought current. I completely understand the frustration and anger caused by having a non paying customer (been there myself, a few more times than I am proud of). I just can't help but think we are lowering ourselves to their level when we resort to these types of unscrupulous collection methods. Sometimes I suppose however, the end does justify the means.

loaders

Site Supporter
I understand that as a last resort, holding a load hostage to get monies owed might seem like a reasonable course of action. However, keep in mind that you are exposing yourself to possible legal action. What if the delinquent party does not pay your ransom demand and instead, files a claim with your insurer for a lost load? What do tell your insurance provider? Seizing property, without the benefit of a valid court order, is usually considered to be an illegal act.
Keep in mind that if the non payer is simply a scammer chances are he will probably pay your ransom and move on. However if the non payer feels they have a legitimate dispute about the unpaid invoice, be prepared for a fight. Starting this fight by committing a possible illegal act yourself, may not be beneficial to your case.

BPOVFB

The load isn't lost - it's just in the back 40 and I'm not sure on what trailer.. let me try and find it and get back to you as soon as I can...

loaders

Site Supporter
That might work if you're telling it to the non payer. Unfortunately, your insurer is obligated to act when they receive notice of a potential loss/claim. It might buy you a few days, but eventually you will have to come clean and tell them you are holding this load hostage and either continue to do so, or release it. Again, to each their own when it comes to whatever type of collection methods you choose to employ. My recommendation would be to stay within the confines of the law, whenever possible.

PT INC

all that will take time for it to happen keep in mind the brokers customer wont operate with them moving forward if they disclose that information that someone is holding your freight hostage because of their actions of not paying carriers on time.

im sure 10/10 broker will just pay and move on

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
The only way the insurance company can move forward is they would have to talk to you first and once you tell them what is happening they will not proceed. Call the cops on anything today and see if they respond, they will say it's a civil matter and take it to court (actually been told that by the police). We've got 90 employee families to feed and we have owners to answer to if they are stupid enough to give us a load when they haven't paid for another f*ck em we will get our money. By the way nothing illegal cannot afford the fuel from our yard to the delivery address.

dispatch23

The only way the insurance company can move forward is they would have to talk to you first and once you tell them what is happening they will not proceed. Call the cops on anything today and see if they respond, they will say it's a civil matter and take it to court (actually been told that by the police). We've got 90 employee families to feed and we have owners to answer to if they are stupid enough to give us a load when they haven't paid for another f*ck em we will get our money. By the way nothing illegal cannot afford the fuel from our yard to the delivery address.

Well cops showed up and told them to either give us our freight or be arrested for theft.
We got lucky with that. We even showed up with a cheque to pay them so we could get our freight no hassles and they refused because it wasn't a certified cheque. Offered a credit card in place or an EFT that would take 24 hours to go in but nothing was good enough. I think they liked the fight

NotForHire

PSA ------IN CANADA THIS STYLE OF BUSINESS DOES NOT WORK- MAYBE WHERE YOU'RE FROM DOING STUFF LIKE THIS IS OKAY, BUT NOT HERE! -

EVERY TIME NJ CALLS MY LINE FOR LOADS I WASTE AS MUCH OF THEIR TIME AS I CAN AND THEN I TELL THEM I CANT WORK WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SCAMMERS - IT WORKS EVERY TIME

dispatch23

PSA ------IN CANADA THIS STYLE OF BUSINESS DOES NOT WORK- MAYBE WHERE YOU'RE FROM DOING STUFF LIKE THIS IS OKAY, BUT NOT HERE! -

EVERY TIME NJ CALLS MY LINE FOR LOADS I WASTE AS MUCH OF THEIR TIME AS I CAN AND THEN I TELL THEM I CANT WORK WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SCAMMERS - IT WORKS EVERY TIME

I am in Canada, unfortunately for us it did work this time. That had to do with how urgent the freight was to get to destination and how big the customer was. We don't usually trust carriers we haven't used for things like this but we were in a pinch and learned a lesson

Tip15

Karen is a WITCH. We had them pick something up going LTL.
They said they could deliver by the date and time we needed. They waited until the day before to let us know they were not able to fill their truck so it would not be going out until a week from the day it NEEDED to deliver. We rushed and got someone else on it to pick it up and now Karen is holding the freight hostage and REFUSING to give it to another driver that we have sent in.

Definitely will NEVER use again and will advise EVERYONE to not use them again. She is stating we need to do an EFT for the full amount before she will release the freight.
Call the Peel Regional Police, it is 100% illegal to hold freight for payment. Payment is a civil matter and not a legal matter. We had a situation where a carrier was late for his appointment on a Friday (not a great situation I understand 100%), and without authorization returned the freight to Canada inbond. He then tried to hold our customers freight hostage and demand money for returning the freight to Canada, the bond fee, as well as an absorbent amount of storage fees. Long story short after a call from the Peel Regional Police he agreed to return the freight to the initial intended Consignee in the US, less bond fees, less return fee and less any storage...

Last edited:

dispatch23

Call the Peel Regional Police, it is 100% illegal to hold freight for payment. Payment is a civil matter and not a legal matter. We had a situation where a carrier was late for his appointment on a Friday (not a grat situation I understand 100%), and without authorization returned the freight to Canada inbond. He then tried to hold our customers freight hostage and demand money for returning the freight to Canada, the bind fee, as well as an absorbent amount of storage fees. Long story short after a call from the Peel Regional Police he agreed to return the freight to the initial intended Consignee, less bond fees, less return fee and less any storage...

Personally I would have fought the bond fee all together seeing as it wasn't authorized. But that was basically what happened and we got our freight. However it was Karen who called the police on a manger of ours that went over to give her a cheque. She claimed he broke into her office and hit her too. Thankfully she had cameras and that was the first thing the cops said they wanted to look at.

The dock guy also phoned his lawyer after the cop said he could be arrested for refusing to give us our freight. His lawyer told him just that... not a fan of these types of companies being a part of our business

Tip15

Personally I would have fought the bond fee all together seeing as it wasn't authorized. But that was basically what happened and we got our freight. However it was Karen who called the police on a manger of ours that went over to give her a cheque. She claimed he broke into her office and hit her too. Thankfully she had cameras and that was the first thing the cops said they wanted to look at.

The dock guy also phoned his lawyer after the cop said he could be arrested for refusing to give us our freight. His lawyer told him just that... not a fan of these types of companies being a part of our business
All I can say is WOW...Also to clarify the carrier who is well known for doing exactly as my above comments returned the freight to the USA, we did not pay any bond fee, any freight charge for returning to Canada or any storage fees...Glad it worked out for you @dispatch23