Canada Cartage Posting more often

Casey

Hey everyone, I seem to be seeing Canada Cartage posting more LTL services on the link.
Does anyone have any experience with them and are they reliable?

I have LTL from Jacksonville on a regular basis, 1-5 skids a week and seem to have a hard time finding carriers.

Any suggestions on either matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

Site Supporter
It is the old Doyle transport from Guelph. Joe was bought out by CC and still doing what he always did under their name.

As far as Jacksonville 1-5 skids Beyond, Blueline Distribution, Executive, and Kris Kay are all down there every week looking for ltl oh and Kenna also.

Casey

We won't use Blueline and Executive.

Beyond was great and may still be, but we had to make a decision as we had a weird border issue where Customs wanted to look at our freight and the way Beyond had loaded skids behind ours, Customs could not offload them (they had no lift, only pallet jacks) and made them go to an offsite warehouse to do it. I think 5 Customs officers went with the truck to ensure it was done. After all was said and done, Beyond would take any responsibility for the charges. I felt that yes it was our freight they wanted to see, but they should be responsible to load it in a way that customs can get to all the freight if needed. Even the officer I spoke to said the law is that they should have enough room between skids to get down a trailer without offloading it. I never knew that one. I think we offered to pay 80% of the charges but they would not budge. I didn't get along very well with one of the dispatchers there, she was really rude. So in the heat of the moment they told us they didn't want our freight any longer. In hindsight we both lost out for an argument over less than $1000.00. We have a lot of LTL to FLorida and we never have a problem finding carriers down there. Coming back lately has been trickier, hit and miss but Keena did come through for us..

Thanks so much for the advice,

DanielB

Oh that would be Dawn !

She is a miserable human being. She is the reason why I would let freight sit on a dock before i give it to Beyond.

She is Queen on the Karen's !

Casey

He ha, I never thought of it that way. Actually Dawn and I used to get along well, it was Karen that I had a problem with. But here is Dawns response after try to negotiate this issue:
"My team, Randy and I are too busy for this and will accept that you are refusing to pay the entire amount. Please send a revised for the extra $410.00 , That being said we are no longer interested in taking this freight"
Keep in mind this is after about 10 years of doing business together and regular LTL freight most Monday and Friday. Attitude goes a long way. Dawn is one of the owners I believe along with Randy. I always got along with him but when I saw in that email that she speaks for him, I was done.

ralphthetrucker

He ha, I never thought of it that way. Actually Dawn and I used to get along well, it was Karen that I had a problem with. But here is Dawns response after try to negotiate this issue:
"My team, Randy and I are too busy for this and will accept that you are refusing to pay the entire amount. Please send a revised for the extra $410.00 , That being said we are no longer interested in taking this freight"
Keep in mind this is after about 10 years of doing business together and regular LTL freight most Monday and Friday. Attitude goes a long way. Dawn is one of the owners I believe along with Randy. I always got along with him but when I saw in that email that she speaks for him, I was done.
Randy and Dawn are brother and sister. On her best day she's miserable!

boss

Site Supporter
Some of you may know that Canada Cartage got a huge chunk of their business from UPS Freight. They provided nearly all of UPS' tractor drivers/local cartage. Now that UPS Freight has been acquired by TFI, that business will no longer be allocated to them. I would certainly be cautious if they are trying to sell a lot of business where they normally would not have been. I'm sure they shell-shock of losing this type of account will have lingering, if not devastating results. Rumor mill is saying its a loss of 20M+ annually for them.

boss

Site Supporter
@Shakey i haven't the slightest idea, but they've been in this partnership for as long as i can remember UPS Freight being in Canada. It would seem like a contract that would be renegotiated years in advance... so if there wasn't an extension in place 6 months ago, i'm sure CC saw the writing on the wall.

NotForHire

I just dont understand the reason behind this acquisition. How does Ups freight bring value to TransForce customers?

Freight Broker

I just dont understand the reason behind this acquisition. How does Ups freight bring value to TransForce customers?

TF wanted into the US domestic LTL market. Instead of growing into it organically they did what they always do.. buy someone who already does it.

PackRat

Site Supporter
As Shakey stated above, the only way to grow these days is through acquisitions. The transportation market matured years ago and has been shrinking ever since. All of the big players realize that and have been snapping up smaller companies for years. The only shakeup coming relatively soon is the driverless truck....which will then be all about capitalization.

tasuinam

As Shakey stated above, the only way to grow these days is through acquisitions. The transportation market matured years ago and has been shrinking ever since. All of the big players realize that and have been snapping up smaller companies for years. The only shakeup coming relatively soon is the driverless truck....which will then be all about capitalization.
Can't be completely driverless - our Ford150 beeps annoyingly when there is a fleck of snow on the back camera - and I have to blow it off *eye roll* - so there will be a human of some sort in the truck - awake and alert I'm betting - live unloads - open trailer doors - driver assist offloads - etc...

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
Can't be completely driverless - our Ford150 beeps annoyingly when there is a fleck of snow on the back camera - and I have to blow it off *eye roll* - so there will be a human of some sort in the truck - awake and alert I'm betting - live unloads - open trailer doors - driver assist offloads - etc...
Or a Bunk (trunk) Monkey trained to open doors and deliver paperwork.

NotForHire

Or a Bunk (trunk) Monkey trained to open doors and deliver paperwork.

I dont think autonomous trucks will do dock to dock work. More like yard to yard work. I am almost 100% sure city drivers will still be needed.

You can start it out in Halifax and drop and hook across all of Canada until Vancouver and then repeat backwards. or Toronto to Dallas drop and hook, the cities are irrelevant but the idea is what is important

- But now that i think of it how will the truck deploy the landing gear and uncouple the hoses?