Loadsurfer University is Back - Don’t Miss our March 8 Session on Driver Recruitment

Surfer

As the economy finally starts to rev up again, the transportation sector is seeing the return of one of its biggest challenges: The driver shortage. If you’re looking for new and innovative ways to grow your driver pool, please join us on March 8 for a FREE jam-packed session to learn about the cutting edge tools and tricks of the trade being used by the experts in driver recruitment.

Session: OMG!! The Driver Shortage is Back :( A Crash Course in New Recruiting Techniques and Best Practices. Back-to-back sessions, featuring...

• “Recruiting with Social Media” with Bruce Outridge, Outridge Consulting Services: Learn how to use the latest marketing strategies of social media to attract the professional drivers you want and hire the best for your team.

• “Recruiting Expert Panel” with: Jayne Gunn, Sunbury Transport; Dave Brown , Rosedale Transport; Caroline Blais, Kriska Transport: A moderated discussion with a panel of three top industry recruiters to discuss what has made their companies successful in driver recruiting. Expect to leave with some tricks of the trade you can take back and implement in your own organization.

When: March 8 from 9am to 11am. Complimentary continental breakfast will be served from 8:30am

Where: Loadsurfer Headquarters, Mississauga Ontario.

Seating: Limited seating available, compliments of Loadsurfer Corporation. Call 1-877-331-SURF to reserve yourspot. **Please call early to avoid disappointment**

*NEW* Loadsurfer University Now on YouTube!
Did you miss out on LSU’s inaugural session ‘Will I Get Paid for That Load and How Much?’ Please feel free to check it out on our YouTube Channel: YouTube - loadsurfervideo's Channel

Looking forward to seeing you in class!

ralphthetrucker

The "Driver Shortage" is a myth. Unlike the cost of food and gasoline/diesel the cost of drivers has not risen or at best has risen minimally. Carriers suffer from "driver churn" no explanation required. If your HR dept. can solve that problem your trucks would be full.

rickwill

There is definately no driver or truck shortage other wise you'd see decent increase in rate structure instead of the ridiculous rates set by major carriers doing business in areas they know nothing about.

Last edited by a moderator:

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
I've been knee-deep in driver recruitment along with my other duties and the biggest problem I come up against is verifying employment and getting references for drivers where the bulk of their experience is with now defunct companies. Ralph and Rick are right. Drivers are largely fickle and a certain percentage do take a revolving-door attitude to shopping for other companies, looking for a "better deal." The biggest things I hear from driver applicants is they want to be home more often (not away for 10-14 days) and they want miles. I'm guessing that driver churn for most is just under 8% for any year. Driver recruiting is an awful lot like sales. You spend a lot of time talking and qualifying.

ralphthetrucker

I'm guessing that driver churn for most is just under 8% for any year. Driver recruiting is an awful lot like sales. You spend a lot of time talking and qualifying.

I would think fleets would love a turnover rate of 8%, my bet it's substantially higher than that. The Americans had 135% turnover just a couple of years ago.

More miles, more money, better hometime. When you have that position/positions available you will have no problems filling those seats.