Dofasco / Arcelormittal - Driver course and test

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Anyone else have issues with this stupid "Third Party Carrier Compliance Course" they force carriers to do?

Took a look from a broker and tried to deliver... They sent our driver away saying he had to complete their driver safety course.

I've had drivers do it before, it's no big deal...

Unfortunately, their computer systems are not allowing the course to be completed now... Every time we try, get an error message from browser...

Their support leaves something to be desired....

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Once they figure out there freight has not delivered they will call you

To be honest, I'm not sure I could wait that long... haahahaa...

They don't seem to be in any hurry to do anything...

I was having trouble getting someone from their IT support to get back to me about it, so I emailed a manager and told them I wouldn't be delivering if they didn't respond. Someone got back to me about 5 mins later... haahaa...

Problem is, they have acknowledged that their system is broken and they are getting the same error msg as me, but the support person who I'm working with, says he is new there...

Seems like a bit of a gong show...

WALTERK

Dofasco system is a good system, may be the best out there, but it has its bugs. The only way to get it fixed/improved is to complain to them. The whole objective of their setup is to eliminate employees and make your drivers do their work - in simple terms. Very, very smart...... Because the drivers want to get it done ASAP, it works like a charm when it works.. And, that's most of the time.....
However, its caveat is that when things go south there is nobody to fix it - most likely due to this very idea. On a positive note though, they are fair with the detention that is caused by their mistakes - in my experience anyways. One has to admit that they are on the cutting edge of this technology and can't be blamed for trying to eliminate human error and streamline their operation. It should not happen at the carriers expense though, but it will unless dealt with in a proactive way.
Its a win win for everybody as Dofasco has no incentive to mess with their deliveries or driver training for which this system was created in the first place. Most likely, this set up will pave their way into A.I. Operation Control in the future so we better get used to this.

Last edited: