Traffix

OLD GUY

They are impossible to deal with, they relish keeping carrier money and making deductions. They have good salespeople and they have loads but if anything goes wrong you will pay.

CRB TRANS

scratch off the section for fines when you sign the rate con, this way you can go after them if they play games like this.... red lining it will help you in court...

doxilica

scratch off the section for fines when you sign the rate con, this way you can go after them if they play games like this.... red lining it will help you in court...
There is no section you can even sign at all is like you have accepted all the conditions. Sadly but true .

MikeJr

Staff member
The problem is that items that are crossed off in a legal document require initials by both parties.

Bah, I was trying to bite my tongue on this but I guess I just can't. So here's my rant:

This is literally the s%^t that I don't miss about the industry. F-ing your supplier. Eventually you run out of suppliers! Susana I think is the name of the lady you were dealing with on this. I highly doubt she enjoyed cutting your rate. She knows the likelihood of you hauling another load for her is slim to none, and it only makes her job harder. Someone forced her to do that and that would have to be a key decision maker in the company.

I will admit that I have deducted carrier rates but when I did I would do my utmost to have a two-way conversation about it and keep the dollar value reasonable for what transpired. Sometimes the person I was dealing with understood and agreed enough that we could maintain a business relationship after the dust settled. In once instance it took several years for us to rekindle a relationship over a very small dollar amount. That was a situation that I was forced to against my better judgement. I remember the argument with my boss so vividly. It was after hours and I was instructed to follow orders. Albert sided with me which was nice. Miss that guy so much...

Anyway, do what you say and treat others as you wish to be treated.

Keep well,
Mike

artmax

Traffix & SK Cornerstone both of them have a close dealing with the Mucci Brothers in defrauding the Canadian government - this is something they do professionally.

They buy GMO produce from Mexico - ship it to Canada - repackage it in Kingsville/Leamington - and then sell Organic Ontario produce into Texas - with pick-ups and drops along the United States - load up in Leamington - offload in Monroe - where they load up more produce - then you deliver all along the united states.

These industry leaders who have podcasts about trucking and freight are all mostly professional criminals in the eyes of the knowledgeable. I have since left the produce industry but the taste remains.

So when they start talking about industry guidance and advice - it's all bullshit.

link 1

senditover

Traffix & SK Cornerstone both of them have a close dealing with the Mucci Brothers in defrauding the Canadian government - this is something they do professionally.

They buy GMO produce from Mexico - ship it to Canada - repackage it in Kingsville/Leamington - and then sell Organic Ontario produce into Texas - with pick-ups and drops along the United States - load up in Leamington - offload in Monroe - where they load up more produce - then you deliver all along the united states.

These industry leaders who have podcasts about trucking and freight are all mostly professional criminals in the eyes of the knowledgeable. I have since left the produce industry but the taste remains.

So when they start talking about industry guidance and advice - it's all bullshit.

link 1
Reminds me of the movie War Dogs when they repackaged and removed the labels on Chinese ammo to sell to the US Army.. But of course in this scenario, when you're a corporation of their size you just get a slap on the wrist and it's back to business as usual.

shilohline

link 1
I was going to pull for SK a few months ago, got the gut feeling something is fishy there when the owner said he's also a broker or something for traffix. Ended up not hauling with them. This somewhat confirms my suspicions

Michael Ludwig

Just wonder and how they proceeded. Thank you.
Sounds like you didn't read the fine print in the rate con. Everything the broker did to reduce your rate was in black and white on the rate con.
As for this load, You have no legs to stand on. What you should have done (IMHO), the moment you knew you were going to be late, was eat your $1k repair bill, and kick the load back.
My guess is you didn't read their sign-on contract either. Go back and read it. You'll be surprised what you agreed to. Your insurance broker/carrier is going to have a fit when they read it.