Lake Mary FL - Toronto, ON 53 FLAT

wideload

try Allpoints 800-461-4844
or Fairway 905-648-1502
both are very reputable carriers we have worked with them many times in the past

What's up with everybody requesting the 53's now? When will the brokers understand that decks are nothing like the vans, the 48's prevail because we can scale more weight than a 53'. Running across Canada you can get away with the 53' but not in the US.

loaders

Site Supporter
In response to Mrspeed: Although brokers are obviously responsible for the collapse of the global economy and the spread of the H1N1 flu virus, I don't think that they are the cause of customers requesting the use 53' flatbeds. Like any other transport innovation such as air-ride suspensions, satellite tracking, etc. if it's available, why shouldn't shippers use it?

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
Loaders - admitting your mistakes are the first step to solving the problem so please restore the global economy and oh yeah get rid of that nasty H1N1.:)

MrSpeed, I would think the only reason why the broker is asking for a 53' is due to the request of the customer. One of the reasons brokers exist and probably will continue to is because of the negative, no can do attitude of some (not all) carriers which you appear to fall under. 53' flat beds do run regularly in the US and may not be as available as 48' but still can be found. I am sure the original poster only asked for assistance due to the 53' requirement and probably had more then 1 carrier calling from a posting on the link, that only had a 48'.

thebluffs1

Site Supporter
In response to Mrspeed: Although brokers are obviously responsible for the collapse of the global economy and the spread of the H1N1 flu virus, I don't think that they are the cause of customers requesting the use 53' flatbeds. Like any other transport innovation such as air-ride suspensions, satellite tracking, etc. if it's available, why shouldn't shippers use it?

Loaders- thanks for the laugh....needed it this morning

Everybody and their brothers are trying to move those loads, maybe just maybe, reality will step in and they'll realize that the 48's prevail and nothing's going to change that. The pro's of the 48's out weigh the con's.

Paul S

Staff member
I do not double broker freight, i still have 2 loads that need to be moved if anyone can help please contact me.