How about a "Road Service, Repairs, and Maintenance Section" ???

Michael Ludwig

Agreed that there a few apps available to help us all find on road service like Truckdown.com and 4Roadservice.com , but there are numerous tips and tricks with regards to in-house repairs and maintenance, as well as "unspoken" issues with dealers and repair shops that aren't normally published elsewhere.
Perhaps a spot on this forum might be appropriate for such information.

Jim L

I use truckdown.com all the time - it works great in the US - not as good in Canada. You can choose which service you need - for tires I usually put down tires, mobile repair, and mobile tire service . Those that pay a premium will get a higher spot and their banner will be in color but if you look lower you can usually find guys that are a lot closer with a grey banner. Once you get a username and login and you put in information on notes, repairs or preferred those will come up if your match is close. Watch for 'MANAGED SERVICE' providers who will just use truckdown and call someone else to come out. Watch for providers who have no addresses as they can also be someone who is in your area but are 60 miles away. I usually follow up with a google search before calling them. Always ask for their price and what method of payment they take. Often times if I get a provider who is too busy they'll know a 'friend' who will do a good job. It took a while but if you ask the right questions you'll find out quite quickly if they're the type of guy you want to use.

Last edited:

JN1981

i have always used NTTSbreakdown.com and have had good luck finding what I need. Jim has a good point about watching for the providers with no actual address.

Jim L

i have always used NTTSbreakdown.com and have had good luck finding what I need. Jim has a good point about watching for the providers with no actual address.
Thanks @JN1981 , I ran a comparison for the same city between nttsbreakdown.com and truckdown.com and found different providers so that is great.
I still prefer truckdown.com for the opportunity to add notes, set vendors as preferred etc.

dad2andrew

I always used Truckdown and NTTS as my go-to's if we didn't already have approved vendors on unbeaten paths. Both were very good.