Climan Motor Freight / Climan Transport

Tigroo

Be aware of Climan in Lachine!!! Owes May's invoice. Alot of promise to pay but can't cash the check yet. I have been calling everyday.

Last edited by a moderator:

alx

Site Supporter
Climan

Are you sure you did not get conned?

Climan went bankrupt several years ago, and they were out of Lachine.

I worked with at least two of their dispatchers that had to leave due to the bankrupcy. This, over the last 5 years.
I had heard that the owner (Richard Climan) had moved to Florida and was looking into freight brokerage, but again this was years ago.

I would be surprised that someone would want to restart a company with that name.

Look carefully at your Carrier confirmation!!

F1 Freight

Site Supporter
Climan West

We delt with a Climan (West) out of AB not too long ago. Not sure the relation or what happened when PQ went bankrupt, but I am pretty sure we delt with this company after the PQ company went bankrupt. Climan (West) were slow to pay and had to chase down for a small amount... thought it was all really weird considering what happened to Climan in PQ. Not sure if that helps but somewhat related to the topic.

Tigroo

Yes I am talking about the same guy 'Richard Climan' and he is not answering his phone anymore!!!

alx

Site Supporter
Paperwork

I would look into the paperwork you received to do the load. Verify the company name and research the ownership. Also try to communicate with LINK, they require these documents in order to open an account.

I find it fishy that someone would re open under the same name after what had transpired earlier!!

Trukker

Climan West

Is Mark Climan brother to Richard and brokers small amount of loads out of his house.........Very slow payer.

searcher

Site Supporter
I have been burned by Mark Climan out of Alberta. This was a few years ago. Never answered his phone and never paid.

On my DNU list.

Misty

Waiting For Payment

We did one load for Climan Transport (West) based out of Calgary, AB and have been phoning for payment as it is 3 months since we mailed the invoice. It seems that they have been screening their calls and when they see it is us, we get their voicemail. I got another person in the company to call from a different number and he got through to him. I have someone in Calgary going to visit his office tomorrow to demand payment. This company is in an office with World Link Transportation on the door. I don't know if they are also going by another name or if two companies are leasing out the same space. They are on our naughty list.

Activet

The high cost of being reasonable!

There we have if folks. If your terms are 30 days and it's already gone to 60 with nothing in hand, no definite commitment to pay within a particular time frame, and they won't answer the phone or return calls, then your being reasonable.
I prefer to be unreasonable, especially when there's no logical or otherwise compelling reason for me not to be. I communicate my intent to immediately commence litigation with the shipper, receiver, and any other party involved.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
Activet you are so right - it is your money - go after it guns a blazing......as far as I'm concerned when it is out of terms then there are no rules.

Reactions: Rob

whatiship

Exactly!

Don't worry about customer relations at this point. A wise man once told me that until the cheque clears, it is not a sale. Just a promise of one.

phoenixmcroy

We've done a few LTL loads for Mark in Calgary.
After taking more than 60 days to pay the first couple of invoices (and not being able to provide positive credit ref's), we changed the account to COD - we collect the payment before we deliver.
This has worked very well with Mark, but he hasn't moved anything with us in about 9 months or so because of it.
No bounced payments though, thankfully.

Gord M

10 years ago I did a load for Climan, I called and filled Mark's voicemail a dozen times while I was waiting for the money. Just when I gave up and wrote it off (150 days) the check showed up, so if you dont mind waiting................

Jim L

We have a load pending for
Climan Transport Services (West) Ltd
Box 73144, 206-2525 Woodview Dr. SW
Calgary, AB T2W6E4

and on the credit reference:
P.O. Box 38006 Centennial Plaza
Dollard Des Ormeaux, PQ H9B3J2

I see lots of notes dating back to 2010 and 2011. Does anyone have any new to add as of late?