Shipping used clothes and shoes to Asia

tasuinam

Peeps.... need help
A friend of mine works for a charity in Winnipeg and they want to ship used clothes and shoes to a charity in Asia...

Questions:
1. Will they need to rent a space to receive the donations (who will pack it to ship) - can they hire someone to receive / sort / pack and palletize for shipment
2. By road to Vancouver or Montreal - then by sea to Asia - do they need to hire a broker / logistics company to deal with the shipping / customs on both ends?
3. What kind of documentation do they need to provide

What is the process - is there someone she can call. Not time sensitive ... but also needs to know cost...
My experience with clothes drives has been bad - so advised her to just send $$$$$ to the charity - but I am a cynic

Shakey

Site Supporter
I would advise them to call some of the larger INTL freight forwarders direct. I'm sure one of them might cut them deal or do it at cost if working directly with a charity. Best to load it into 40' can right from Winnipeg and move it to China.

tasuinam

I would advise them to call some of the larger INTL freight forwarders direct. I'm sure one of them might cut them deal or do it at cost if working directly with a charity. Best to load it into 40' can right from Winnipeg and move it to China.
Suggestions for INTL freight fwds.. people you may have worked with?