DNU Bestway Cartage/Fastfrate Group

dispatch23

I used to use Bestway as a preferred carrier but after my most recent experience, they have made the DNU list.
I reached out to John to get a rate and their availability for 1 crate from Mississauga to Syracuse, NY.
He gave me the rate told me he could do it so naturally I sent over the confirmation. This was later in the day so the next morning (day of pick up) I asked them to confirm they had received my confirmation. Sent to John and their dispatch email. Didn't hear anything back so I phoned. No answer, tried every extension, number you name it. Still no answer. After sending email after email and phone call after phone call, finally reached someone who said they didn't have it entered and to resend and they would get it done right away. I resent it and asked them to confirm once received, still nothing. I got through to someone who placed me on hold for 10 minutes only to hang up on me. I sent them an email letting them know I would be covering with someone else and they finally answered (at 4:30pm) saying they had it entered in their system now.

NEVER WILL I USE THEM AGAIN

Deisel1

I used to use Bestway as a preferred carrier but after my most recent experience, they have made the DNU list.
I reached out to John to get a rate and their availability for 1 crate from Mississauga to Syracuse, NY.
He gave me the rate told me he could do it so naturally I sent over the confirmation. This was later in the day so the next morning (day of pick up) I asked them to confirm they had received my confirmation. Sent to John and their dispatch email. Didn't hear anything back so I phoned. No answer, tried every extension, number you name it. Still no answer. After sending email after email and phone call after phone call, finally reached someone who said they didn't have it entered and to resend and they would get it done right away. I resent it and asked them to confirm once received, still nothing. I got through to someone who placed me on hold for 10 minutes only to hang up on me. I sent them an email letting them know I would be covering with someone else and they finally answered (at 4:30pm) saying they had it entered in their system now.

I have experienced the same thing. They haven't lost me completely but they are no longer on my preferred carrier list.

TRPM

I have stopped sending them requests as they never respond to them. Too bad as they had done a good job for me in the past. Hopefully, someone will realize this and actively pursue means to improve.

freighter

Agreed as well. Bestway was a preferred carrier until Fastfrate bought them. Now they are way down on the list. Very poor service now.

dispatch23

Update on this one, they did pick up the crate so I was giving them another shot since I was in a tight spot with this one and I called this morning to confirm that it would deliver today as it needed to and was told no. Their driver that they were sending it on didn't get back to their warehouse until today, but they didn't feel it necessary to let me know and now it won't deliver until Monday.
This is a large customer for us so when things are late we really eat it.

I had attempted to cover it with someone else but the options were slim to none. I have definitely learned my lesson

dispatch23

Do they have tailgates? I had this delivering to a warehouse today to deliver to a movie theatre on Monday with a tailgate but now it is going to have to go out Tuesday instead unless I can have a tailgate truck recover this today and deliver it direct on Monday

Thefriendlybroker1

Bestway has definitely went downhill over last few yrs. They were preferred for us as well, but constantly missed delivery dates, lack of communication and out right lying about delivery dates to get freight has put them down the list for me as well. Hopefully things change soon - they service a few key areas and could make a tonne w good service

dispatch23

Bestway has definitely went downhill over last few yrs. They were preferred for us as well, but constantly missed delivery dates, lack of communication and out right lying about delivery dates to get freight has put them down the list for me as well. Hopefully things change soon - they service a few key areas and could make a tonne w good service
That is why I am so disappointed because they service so many areas that can be difficult to cover. I just can't trust them with my freight anymore

NotForHire

FASTFRATE is one of those companies that offers really low rates, so shippers excuse and close their eyes to certain things. But over time they always leave for a company that actually answers emails and phones like a normal human

PackRat

Site Supporter
Have to agree with the comments above. They used to be one of our go to carriers. We gave them a shipment two weeks ago. No communication, won't answer the phones and delivered a week late....nothing but miss information the whole time.....DNU now.

Igor Galanter

May be part of all of it are O/O they are leasing..
Most of the personal vehicles at the parking area are more expensive than trucks they are driving, eh...

Thefriendlybroker1

We stopped using them 6 months ago, missed pick up, never delivered on time and rates went up. They will learn soon enough when no one gives them freight ! Too bad though - was a pretty decent company before

Northam

Update on this one, they did pick up the crate so I was giving them another shot since I was in a tight spot with this one and I called this morning to confirm that it would deliver today as it needed to and was told no. Their driver that they were sending it on didn't get back to their warehouse until today, but they didn't feel it necessary to let me know and now it won't deliver until Monday.
This is a large customer for us so when things are late we really eat it.

I had attempted to cover it with someone else but the options were slim to none. I have definitely learned my lesson
I had an identical situation with them; all I can do is agree with what others are saying- service is going downhill fast.