Crimson Logic

Gord M

Does anyone deal with these people for ACE manifests? We switched from Crimson logic to Avaal 8 months ago and not only did we save $150 a month, the service is far better with Avaal. Today I called Crimson Logic for a copy of an Ace manifest from 9 months ago, Crimson Logic wants $100 just to send a copy over. When we had Crimson Logic as our Ace manifest supplier we would be on the phone with them almost every day due to glitches in thier software, with Avaal everything runs so smooth that we havent called them in three months.

alx

Site Supporter
We have been dealing with them since the ACE manifest came into force.
Never really had any issues and the odd time we had a glitch , their staff fixed the probkem within minutes.

Only thing that pisses me off is that they send an e- mail invoice and then fax it, using our paper. Nothing in the mail!!

The price was the same as their competitors when we got going.

cowboy

Crimson Logic is an amazing company and they have been very responsive to all our issues and inquiries. James May is a superb contact and he will go out of his way to help you. Their technical and billing departments have also been very responsive.

We have no comments on pricing and we find it very fair.:)

R

ranger_dispatch

We had technical glitches with Crimson Logic as well. After about six months or so, we started filing directly through the US ACE portal, and haven't had a problem since.

Plus, the best point is that it's free of cost.

Gord M

Does anyone deal with these people for ACE manifests? We switched from Crimson logic to Avaal 8 months ago and not only did we save $150 a month, the service is far better with Avaal. Today I called Crimson Logic for a copy of an Ace manifest from 9 months ago, Crimson Logic wants $100 just to send a copy over. When we had Crimson Logic as our Ace manifest supplier we would be on the phone with them almost every day due to glitches in thier software, with Avaal everything runs so smooth that we havent called them in three months.

Update:

After reading the above comments Crimson Logic got in touch with me and dropped the charges from $100 to $25. I was surprised that they would read this forum but they have been co-operative and even offered a three month free trial to entice us to come back to their ACE program.

Last edited by a moderator:

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
I use the CBP (US Customs and Border Protection) ACE Data Portal and will let you do what Crimson Logic will do for no cost except the cost of whoever is doing the typing.

Rob

Site Supporter
Yes, it only takes a couple of minutes to do!

If you can type!! (Accounts Rec at DRC will attest to this)

Does the ACE portal remember anything or do you have to retype everything for every shipment?

JN1981

We have always used the ace portal (cbp), you can save all your recurring shippers and consignees, drivers, trucks and trailers. It takes me at most 5 minutes to do a manifest with one or two SCN's

Why pay when you can do it yourself for free.

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Same here, we use the ACE Portal. Very simple and keeps lists of our drivers, equipment, etc. Pretty good system.

We do pay BCB $15 a shot to do some for us, not sure why as I'm not the one doing them. But those are just a couple a month, most we do through the ACE portal.

alx

Site Supporter
Crimson

We just purchased a software and one of the most important criteria was that the system would be in sync with Crimson.

There is not much I cannot do, be it either drive the truck , load, unload, sell and dispatch.
The one thing I will not do is waste time on the ACE Portal.

For $50.00/ month. I click on a button and my manifest with the multiple drops is sent straight to the portal.

All the data is only entered once into the dispatch software, there are no duplication errors to worry about.
Better look for an extra skid a month to put on your FTL than waste time with the portal.

We started with Crimson and have had nothing but exceptional support, be it @ 10:00pm Friday or 7:00am Sunday. They always answer the phone.

CLOps

There are a number of reasons. One thing to point out is that ACE portal does not provide entry numbers. With CrimsonLogic, entry numbers are auto-fed back into the manifests and drivers can setup to get them on their phones via SMS/email and satelite device. There is no need to call or check on brokers' website on entry numbers. Once you get a "green light" on your manifest, your driver is good to go. If you're stuck at the border for whatever reason, CrimsonLogic will call up the port officier or even brokers to get you through. When there are CBP outages, you can get trouble ticket numbers from Crimson which you can use at the border. If your driver is in the middle of no where, one call to Crimson will fax him the ACE cover sheet. For $50 a month, this is definitely worth it.

vanspek

Has anyone noticed a slip in customer service from Crimson? I have the same reoccurring error happening once or twice a month. Each time I notify Crimson about the issue, they open a ticket, and then crickets. This dates back to August 2022.

Rob

Site Supporter
Has anyone noticed a slip in customer service from Crimson? I have the same reoccurring error happening once or twice a month. Each time I notify Crimson about the issue, they open a ticket, and then crickets. This dates back to August 2022.
No issues on our end if we have to call they pick up and look after it.