VA Transportation / Terra Nova

Casey

As I posted in a previous post we were advised this morning that Terra Nova Transport is closing.
Unfortunately we have freight in transit with them and they are telling us to speak to VA Transport who owns them.

I've been trying to reach someone at VA Transport in Boucherville, Qc all day and nobody seems to care.

If anyone has any contact for this company or information would be greatly appreciated.
We are in a real jam here with carriers sitting at Terra Nova in Bolton trying to do pickups.

Llama

We deal quite often with Dominique Dubois in Dispatch at VA Transport - I'm not sure if the is the proper person to contact, but perhaps it will get your foot in the door over there

Dominique Dubois

Répartiteur Région Québec

va inc.

1-800-363-8175 · ext.1135

Cellulaire: 418-571-3408

Fax : 418-728-4888

d.dubois@vatransport.com · www.vatransport.com

PackRat

Site Supporter
Morning all. Hope everyone had a good and safe Holiday! Has anyone had any luck getting their freight out of Terra Nova? We have 1 shipment in their system and don't have any updates from anyone at VA Trans. Not sure where it is...UGH!! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Casey

I've spent two full days over at VA Transport dock in Bolton in an attempt to find my freight. Terra Nova had over 70 skids of my clients product. The best person I was able to get in contact with the seemed to care at all was Richard Wilson at the Bolton Dispatch. He was at extension 3128. I was also dealing with a Neville, the terminal manager I believe and at extension 3420. Both were very helpful.

Overall it was a nightmare and I strongly suspect one of the next closing we hear about will be VA Transport.

Good luck.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
We had to pick up 2 loads on their trailers from Bolton for our distribution center their trailers are now empty sitting in our yard for whoever (finance/leasing company) to come and pick them up.

AlexisM2

Just so you know, VA Transport was put under the protection of the law of bankruptcy in Québec.

It was in the Journal de Montréal this morning

mac

Whoa, I didn't see this one coming. We just showed up to their dock to drop off freight and our driver told us that they were out of business so I came here to get the scoop.

boss

Site Supporter
Are we all discussing the same VA transport that specializes in furniture moving/home deliveries in Quebec? Www.vatransport.com? I thought they bought/merged with Nesel a few years ago? Same peeps or am I making the wrong connection here?

misto27

Site Supporter
Are we all discussing the same VA transport that specializes in furniture moving/home deliveries in Quebec? Www.vatransport.com? I thought they bought/merged with Nesel a few years ago? Same peeps or am I making the wrong connection here?
Same ones.
They did announced on their facebook pages they were under the bankruptcy law or whatever it's called and are facing challenges.

TRKINSURE

Hi all, hope you'll find this helpful as one of my clients is currently in this situation.

The trustee in bankrupcy is Etienne.Guay-Cote@ca.ey.com email him with a BOL and he will send you a back a form to complete so they can release the freight. Obviously they want to make sure the rightful owners of the freight are going to receive it. THEY ARE NOT HOLDING THE FREIGHT AS ASSETS AGAINST THE DEBT.

Good luck!

Casey

Well they filed the same day they closed Terra Nova. Classy group of people.
So does anyone have advice how to proceed with outstanding payables for Terra Nova Transport? They already shut down and we have quite a few outstanding payables. Do we wait for the trustee to eventually be coming after us for them? Should I hold out as long as possible the same way they did when I needed my freight?

TransAction

Well they filed the same day they closed Terra Nova. Classy group of people.
So does anyone have advice how to proceed with outstanding payables for Terra Nova Transport? They already shut down and we have quite a few outstanding payables. Do we wait for the trustee to eventually be coming after us for them? Should I hold out as long as possible the same way they did when I needed my freight?
I could be wrong but I believe the right move here from a legal and liability stand point, you should wait to hear from the Trustee.

TransAction

Wait for them could be some accounting errors in your favour.
This is also true and if they do ever contact you I would take the approach that you have charge backs incurred for holding your freight, administration, delays, etc. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to record these invoice chargebacks now within you accounting system.