UBER Trucking

Henry

I just saw an add pop up here for Uber Trucking. I was aware that Uber was considering this. Has anyone tried it yet? Are their rates better than Load Link?

Trans

I have seen there rates for within US and they are much better than regular brokers. So i think Uber freight is good but its only working in US right now

Thanks

Jim L

Uber sounds like a good prefix or suffix for anything right now. The brand awareness that comes with the word UBER is huge. Be careful what you associate with the 'sharing' model. TruckUber.com sounds like a company trying to take advance of the UBER brand.

loaders

Site Supporter
Truck Uber and Uber Freight are not the same thing. From what I see on their website, Truck Uber is a Mississauga based freight broker. Uber Freight seems to be a division of the well known Uber brand. Their model appears to involve presenting three quotes to a shipper on a particular shipment. The quotes are created by carriers who subscribe to Uber Freight. I believe the shippers have to subscribe as well. Perhaps by making the whole process by subscription only, they can circumvent FMCSA broker regulations.

TransAction

I have an employee in the office who is from Chicago and worked for a trucking firm there. She said that the rates are Ok but when there is an issue, you can't get a hold of anyone or if you do, it takes forever to resolve so not worth it to her.

Ruler

I did look inot Uber Trucking
maybe I read it wrong but looks like they want some upfront monies to do loads

loaders

Site Supporter
The well known Uber division for hauling freight is Uber Freight. Any other combination of Uber, Trucks, Trucking, etc. is NOT the Uber company most people know. As Jim L stated, using someone else's brand to obtain business for yourself is, although common, not very ethical.