TTC Holdem Tourney

SCAM CHASER

Site Supporter
Although I have signed up for it, in light of the Le Parc Thornhill raid on Super Bowl Sunday, how do clubs like TTC get around the gambling law? We just can be playing for exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:

whatiship

you play with chips or tokens and redeem them for prizes. The proceeds go to charity. I guess thats how they get around it.

MikeJr

Staff member
The second one was held in February:

Who’s “ALL IN” for our second Annual TTC Hold’em Poker Night??
Thursday Feburary 27th is the date!!
EZone Tap and Grill is the place!!
120 North Queen, Etobicoke, ON

I suspect members would receive invites for the next one (third annual) end of year for next Feb?
Eric - are you offering to host in the meantime?? :)

Keep well,
Mike

EricG

Site Supporter
Hosting in Newmarket, wonder what the turnout would be like? We should think about organizing a regular poker game..... I host a regular home cash game, $2-$5 NL min. $300 buy in. Game is raked 10% max $15 rate and hostess and dealer provided, but is a close group of regulars I play with. My juicy little regular weekly game. It keeps my poker fix in line...

Maybe I should think about expanding it from 1 table of 9 guys to a few tables... but then AGCO & the OPP Gaming unit might knock on my door :) Also might have to hire Louisville-Slugger security, nothing is worse than having a game interrupted by cash hungry thieves looking for a quick score.

MikeJr

Staff member
erm, $300 buy in, weekly game, $2-$5.

I'm out. Sorry Eric, little outta my league and skill level I think.

The games I host or attend are usually geared to good times and copious amounts of Jack Daniels or Grey Goose depending on the day. Low stakes and the thrill of the odd $30 pot! Just sayin'...

Keep well,
Mike

Rob

Site Supporter
Geez brokers play $300 buy in game or drink hi end booze and us poor truckers play for nickels and dimes and are lucky to get a barrel of swish off the rez..

MikeJr

Staff member
My fiance makes the LCBO stops and knows how to take care of her man.
Part of the reason she's my fiance.

:)

Mike

Reactions: Rob

EricG

Site Supporter
Rob,

lol.... and I don't drink booze when playing poker, easy way to lose $.... I started 20 years ago playing for pennies and nickels, long before it was a TV fad.... Debated on a making a switch to playing full time in 2007, but I love my day job too much to quit. I must be the biggest sucker around :) Or the most dedicated non-commissioned inside sales guy. BTW, we are a carrier.... servicing southern Ontario, however we do have a brokerage division, hence why you may know of us as a broker.

Happy Friday All!

MikeJR, No wife, hence the lack of expenses and kids, and the reason for playing the semi-pro stakes..... If I had kids or a wife, I'm sure the stakes would be WAY different, or I'd be forced to ensure the wife has as much fun as me, and well that can get costly.