Transtate Logistics

Britlost

Just a word of warning to everyone - We finally got paid by Transtate Logistics out of Saint Laurent, Quebec. It only took 8 months and numerous phone calls. We even sent Fedex in to pick up a cheque - no luck - They finally sent a cheque for $900 this week. My advice is to be very careful when dealing with this company.

wecandoit

Well it took me 40 days to get paid from them. I just made one call and I told them I am not far from them. You have until 1 week to pay and guess what - the cheque was ready.

Last edited by a moderator:

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
Well it took me 40 days to get paid from them. I just made one call and I told them I am not far from them. You have until 1 week to pay and guess what - the cheque was ready.

There are other posts on the forum regarding Transtate - they are horrible to deal with....

Wecandoit,

Something not right here....I chased them CONSTANTLY for months to get $300. Peggy in A/P has every excuse under the sun why calls, emails or faxes either don't get received OR returned.

I find it very hard to believe you received monies in only 40 days. I would say it was due to a payable error on Transtate's part. They paid and released a cheque in error....

But good for you if your invoice was paid that quickly. Many others on this forum have not encountered your luck...

wecandoit

No it wasn't an error. I called them after reading posts from insidetransport.com. I simply picked up the phone called them - she said "oh we pay after 45 days" and I had a fax from them which said we pay in 30 to 45 days.

So I told the accounts payable why write 30 days if you guys can't pay? I called them on Tuesday and I told them you guys have until Friday to make my cheque and do not mail - I will send someone to pick it up - and it better be ready. I told them I was not far from them and if my cheque was not ready they would see me on their door on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim L

Just a word of warning to everyone - We finally got paid by Transtate Logistics out of Saint Laurent, Quebec. It only took 8 months and numerous phone calls. We even sent Fedex in to pick up a cheque - no luck - They finally sent a cheque for $900 this week. My advice is to be very careful when dealing with this company.

Took us 129 days on our last invoice. On our DNU list.

Transtate

Good Morning Everyone. Transtate Logistics has been in business since 2001. Like most businesses we have had our highs and our lows. Back in 2009 we experienced 3 of our customers that have gone bankrupt one being Bowater. It took a while but Transtate has paid every carrier in full. We have learned from our mistakes and have implemented new ways of checking credit, Should anyone need more information my phone line is always open !! If you are wondering why I'm only addressing this now, it's because a carrier has brought this site to my attention.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
To be fair to Transtate I was the carrier that mentioned this site to them, after some discussions I did give them a shot on 1 load and they did pay in 14 days (they said 30 to 45 days originally), we will wait and see how the next load goes (if we get one) before I will feel comfortable.

Gord M

As soon as they hired Chris and Lorne from CH Robinson, we blocked them to avoid dealing with those nutbars.

FreedomC

I have known the owner fromTranstate for about 20 years now.
Standup company run by a standup guy.
He is true to his word each and every time.
I would recommend them anytime!