Transcore Link Dispatch - Cloud Version

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
We have used Transcore Link Dispatch TL for a great many years, and although there have been problems and complaints here and there, it has been pretty good over all.

We recently upgraded our network servers and instead of moving our database over to the new server, Transcore said we should just go with their new "Cloud" based version of the software.

We did, and it sucks...

The user interface and everything looks the same, but because it is 'in the cloud', every time we do a search or run a report, it just bogs down and takes forever... Seemingly simple tasks like putting in a load number and hitting enter to see the results... Now when you do this you get the spinning circle and have to wait... Frustrating.

Anyone else?

otbroker

We just signed up for this service and it's awful. Basically here's the system, spent an hour online showing us how to use the dispatch side. Waited weeks to get training on Quickbooks integration and then told to call Quickbooks to get it to work.
Now looking for new software with supported accounting module. Have been on TEDS for over 20 years and love it but want something web based. Any recommendations?

tasuinam

We have used Transcore Link Dispatch TL for a great many years, and although there have been problems and complaints here and there, it has been pretty good over all.

We recently upgraded our network servers and instead of moving our database over to the new server, Transcore said we should just go with their new "Cloud" based version of the software.

We did, and it sucks...

The user interface and everything looks the same, but because it is 'in the cloud', every time we do a search or run a report, it just bogs down and takes forever... Seemingly simple tasks like putting in a load number and hitting enter to see the results... Now when you do this you get the spinning circle and have to wait... Frustrating.

Anyone else?
spinning circles are my zen....but seriously we ditched Transcore for dispatch and accounting and use ITS Dispatch...excellent reports and cloud based and no complaints

Tip15

We just signed up for this service and it's awful. Basically here's the system, spent an hour online showing us how to use the dispatch side. Waited weeks to get training on Quickbooks integration and then told to call Quickbooks to get it to work.
Now looking for new software with supported accounting module. Have been on TEDS for over 20 years and love it but want something web based. Any recommendations?
We are in the process of implementing Fleet Manager by TransPlus, currently using OPS Center powered by Transcore (Loadlink). Call Peter if you want to explore.

Peter Spolitakiewicz | Senior Regional Account Executive
peters@transpluscorp.com| Toll‑Free:(800) 257-9548 x61

PackRat

Site Supporter
They called us yesterday trying to get us to sign up....told them "Hard no!" They said why? it's much faster...LOL...reading this above just confirms it. I asked him how me getting rid of our own hosting server and going to an internet portal cloud system could be faster and there was the spinning circle....LOL...I then asked what happens if the internet goes out? spinning circle.....I said you can't get faster than hosting it yourself...was told thanks for your input....sigh.....

MikeJr

Staff member
Every business has different needs and different budget constraints.

There are several software providers for on premise solutions as well as cloud solutions in each budget range. There is a thread containing a bunch of company names here:

Some of the info may be a little dated, but at least it's a start.

Keep well, keep safe,
Mike

Rob

Site Supporter
Just remember they are not the only player on the block
I have found all the rest are usually either double brokered loads or just a daily posting that the load is not there. Tried a few US boards over the years. For better or worse link has Canada sowed up.

Michael Ludwig

to be honest i book way more freight outside of the link then using the link

Me too. But, every time I cancel my LoadLink subscription, it turns out that I need access to it for a load or two. I figure my overall average for cost of LoadLink per load booked is about $4,500.00 per load ... LOL

tasuinam

both fexle and evo are still too new

to be honest i book way more freight outside of the link then using the link
Yes - but sometimes you are stuck and no one you work with regularly has anything... then the link just makes to come over to the 'dark side'