Traffic Tech

Henry

I am currently moving a shipment for TrafficTech. My truck has been sitting for 6 hours. Traffic tech is being difficult about the waiting time. Some of my friends are telling me that Traffic Tech doesn't pay waiting time. Does anyone have information about this?I am about to hold the load for full payment.

Henry

I think i am going to hold the shipment and demand All money included the wait time. My paralegal thinks its ok.

loaders

Site Supporter
There is no question that you should be compensated for excessive waiting time but......did you provide Traffic Tech with a copy of your accessorial charges, including waiting time after “X” number of minutes/hrs? Does their load confirmation address waiting time in any way? I am not at all defending Traffic Tech or their methods of treating carriers, just asking the questions that your paralegal should be asking before you resort to holding the freight hostage, which in my opinion is an equally unsavoury practice.

DanielB

What I do not understand is, How are they so big? Who are this truck company hauling their loads? We dealt with twice only. Both time was terrible. We will not deal with again.

Henry

The in/out times were clearly noted. I was told by some friends in the industry that you will have little luck dealing with waiting time after the fact. It is all resolved now.

Rob

Site Supporter
The in/out times were clearly noted. I was told by some friends in the industry that you will have little luck dealing with waiting time after the fact. It is all resolved now.
Wait till the cheque comes in and see if they short pay it.

Traffic Tech told me about 15 years ago there is no way we would survive without them. They still get a little pissy the once or twice a year they call and get told we dnu Traffic Tech and are still around!

Henry

They adjusted the rate agreement and allowed a negotiated waiting time amount . Are you saying they will chop the wait time from the payment?

Salma

What I do not understand is, How are they so big? Who are this truck company hauling their loads? We dealt with twice only. Both time was terrible. We will not deal with again.

Unfortunately, the same thing can be said about most of the larger freight brokers.

Henry

Does anyone have a managers name i could call? I am worried that they will not pay what they agreed to.

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
If you got a revised confirmation out of them for the wait time - they've got to honor it. If not, I wouldn't go by what a dispatcher or someone else 'agreed' to.

Get something in an email that your charges will be covered. If you gave them notice - they had time to get more money off their customer.

Jim L

We have dealt with Traffic Tech for many years. If you have negotiated and agreed to an amount and that amount is sent to you on an amended carrier confirmation, you will not have a problem with payment.

UNLESS....something happens after the fact where you do not honour the rest of the agreement(ie you don't deliver on time). Then you will have to re-negotiate and you may not be happy with that part.