Traffic Team

Trucking18

Horrible experience with this " company" ... Gave us a load to pick up ASAP, were there 30 minutes later. Waited for 5 hours to be loaded. We were told over and over that they would cover the wait time by email.

Delivered the load, they offered to pay 25$ in wait time ...

STAY AWAY

hs514

Sorry to hear your story.

i have bad experience from almost everyone. once we booked a load to p/u in Ontario with good english guy. when the driver arrived at shipper, shipper didn't had any load. that good english guy stopped responding to calls. no TONU. next story is about a company in Quebec. Invoice and pod was personally delivered at company office to avoid any delays as they want by mail not by e-mail or fax. once the time come to pay, this guy simply say, "i didn't received any Invoice and POD". An American company made my driver to wait for whole day to load and no waiting time....some companies change the receiver location once driver picked up the load and just increase $50. they already know rate will be $200+ if they give the actual location while booking the load. so they do trick and blame the client for any changes

yes its highly absurd to offer $25

Gord M

Horrible experience with this " company" ... . Gave us a load to pick up ASAP, were there 30 minutes later. Waited for 5 hours to be loaded. We were told over and over that they would cover the wait time by email.

Delivered the load, they offered to pay 25$ in wait time ...

STAY AWAY
There are good and bad in every race, there are lots of crooks in this business but some guys seem really good at turning a blind eye to the rules that they don't want to adhere to.........I work with Indian guys and women and they all speak excellent English and they are great people, they just need to be educated on what is morally right and wrong in this business. Back in India its a free-for-all in business, no holds barred.. So the onus is on the people in Canadian trucking for a long time to teach new people the rights and wrongs, the numskulls trying to make a living as double-brokers get found out and die off quickly. Be tolerant and try to teach those that don't understand that business is a marathon race that improves with the more contacts you do good business with, trucking is what we make it, from my point of view its the greatest business there is.

MikeJr

Staff member
I hope you guys are all ok with me editing the above posts a little. There's no room for race discussion here or anywhere for that matter. People are people and we all came from somewhere, or our ancestors did. Lets stick to facts about businesses and people without regard for where we think they came from.

Just my 2 cents,
Mike

Trucking18

Hi Mike JR, id respectfully disagree. I made allusion to a nationality. I Guess in today's Political environment Its unacceptable to point out facts. Wasn't passing judgement or insinuating the nationality had anything to do with the situation.. That being said, it could have just as easily be a Canadian, American, French Canadian ect... Broker. As others have pointed out, its not about race or nationality, its about carriers getting treated unfairly. I can 100% agree, good and bad in every corner of the earth...

MikeJr

Staff member
The good news about living here is that we can disagree with each other, remain civil and conduct ourselves professionally. :)

Thanks Trucking18 for your thoughts. Have a good one!
Mike

Michael Ludwig

MikeJr's right that there should be no place here for race discussion, but there definitely should be room here to discuss culture.
We "original" Canadians are so used to business being the way it is, we overlook what new cultures can bring to the table in terms of new and better ideas.
On the other hand new cultures try and transplant what worked where they came from to here, and usually that does not work out for them in the long term.
Whether you're Old Canadian or New Canadian, none of us likes change. The one thing that people the world over have in common is we are all scared of is change. It's the fear of the unknown.
Places like Inside Transport are a great platform for all of us, old and new, to exchange ideas, as long as everyone is open to the discussion. Remember, at the end of the day we're all Canadians.
Just my humble 2 cents worth :)