Tamarack Freight LTD

Rob

Site Supporter
Anyone have any good bad or indifferent in regards to service? I have a load pending with them.

crosgre

We have been using this carrier for a couple of years without any issue, on both drop trailer deals as well as live transactional business.

Jim L

It would be in the big Brokerage companies best interest to sue them for loss of earnings if they did indeed backdoor and go directly to the customer. One has to question though; why did the customer change? Was the big Brokerage company charging way too much or not servicing their needs? From what I have heard, most freight payors will not change for a couple dollars - it is usually the latter - a lack of service.

Jim L

It would be in the big Brokerage companies best interest to sue them for loss of earnings if they did indeed backdoor and go directly to the customer. One has to question though; why did the customer change? Was the big Brokerage company charging way too much or not servicing their needs? From what I have heard, most freight payors will not change for a couple dollars - it is usually the latter - a lack of service.
It looks as if the post about Tamarack Freight taking business from a big Brokerage in the GTA has been deleted so my post now looks like it comes from out of no where. From now on I will quote the original post so we don't lose the context. If the original post author retracted it because of an error please PM me.

Jim L

We have an outstanding payment issue with Tamarack Freight LTD. I made the mistake of allowing them more time because they said the cheque was in the mail but now I am regretting it since it never showed up. The invoice is at 110 days old and we now are getting the run arounds with constant excuses to wait even more time.

Any help would be appreciated.

tasuinam

We have an outstanding payment issue with Tamarack Freight LTD. I made the mistake of allowing them more time because they said the cheque was in the mail but now I am regretting it since it never showed up. The invoice is at 110 days old and we now are getting the run arounds with constant excuses to wait even more time.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hey Jim - we were in the same situation - email:

we got paid for sept loads just now ... they had an issue with their receivables - an email from the company pres went out a month ago .. i emailed everyday for an update
1671041228619.png

Jim L

Just a follow up; after some back and forth with Gurminder, we were finally paid. The invoice was at 112 days. This came after promises of cheques sent but never received, E-transfers that were supposed to occur but didn't materialize and Interac payment by email which we were eventually told they could not do. It was always someone else's job to get it done but they were always out of the country. I gave Gurminder a time deadline and started to proceed with initial collections. The Tamarack salesperson for the shipper called me and was very helpful by getting involved. The next day, someone walked over a cheque to a branch and deposited a cheque which then had a 7 day hold on it. After the 7 days it cleared. This is not a hassle I want to deal with again.

On our DNU list. Any new shipments will be CBD - Cash Before Delivery.

tasuinam

Just a follow up; after some back and forth with Gurminder, we were finally paid. The invoice was at 112 days. This came after promises of cheques sent but never received, E-transfers that were supposed to occur but didn't materialize and Interac payment by email which we were eventually told they could not do. It was always someone else's job to get it done but they were always out of the country. I gave Gurminder a time deadline and started to proceed with initial collections. The Tamarack salesperson for the shipper called me and was very helpful by getting involved. The next day, someone walked over a cheque to a branch and deposited a cheque which then had a 7 day hold on it. After the 7 days it cleared. This is not a hassle I want to deal with again.

On our DNU list. Any new shipments will be CBD - Cash Before Delivery.
Glad you got paid ... on our DNU as well unless something there changes - loads are not too bad but the hassle of chasing paymnet is not worth it