SPEEDX - Mississauga, ON

dee5276

Apeedex 871 Clemens Cres. Mississauga, they were posting a load to NC out of Toronto today, called them, got the freight did a serach, slow payment 156days, asked them for COD, he said would only give me cheque on Monday, my concern is weather it would clear or not, or if infact I would receive a check.
They refused, so I refused load. I have a funny feeling on this one, anyone got any information

theman

Wow.

Used them a fair bit at my old place ... also I see their trucks on the road, they don't look bad.

Michael K

Nothing recent but a few years back they hauled a load for me with a value of 400K. Was told the freight was delivered only to find out that it was still not a day later. After chasing them back and forth all day with excuses of can't get a hold of the driver and so on. We were told the truck and trailer were stolen while the driver was sleeping. Was real suspicious.

Dunkscd

Nothing recent but a few years back they hauled a load for me with a value of 400K. Was told the freight was delivered only to find out that it was still not a day later. After chasing them back and forth all day with excuses of can't get a hold of the driver and so on. We were told the truck and trailer were stolen while the driver was sleeping. Was real suspicious.

that is the only report I need to read, to make my decision

gordon

Horrible service !
Moved 2 loads for them and gave me hell of a run around for payment.

Called after 2 weeks - load done - invoice received - everything OK.
Cheque will be mailed after 45 days -
OK no problem - -- called after 45 days - no cheque - Oh! the accounts payable lady is on vacation.....
Call after 1 week....... Oh! we did not receive your invoice - please resend......
It is already 60 days now... OK we will mail on the next cheque run - which is end of this month....
OK 70 days past now ............ Oh we mailed the cheque , did you not receive ?

I wait another week and call again - make another cheque please and put a stop payment on the previous one.

Went back on Friday - Oh sorry - Boss not in to sign. Come on Monday......
Monday comes, cheque is ready -------- but short paid .. They call it 5% fees for quickpay....
Wholly crap - you call this quick pay ????

100 days to get paid - on 95% of your invoice.

theman

They have trucks but also are definitely double brokering loads. We've done some business in the past but I'm pretty sure we don't pay them enough to rebroker the freight, but the odd time we got a dispatch from them we recognized what the move was and realized they were not the shipper's awarded carrier for sure. Because we owed them more than them to us, we did OK. But I've actually brought this up to my operations people a few months ago and they seriously tailed off on using them.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
Don't confuse these guys with the ones out of Buffalo, Speedx in Buffalo is a large operation and I'm sure they are in no relation to the Brampton bunch. It could be the Buffalo SpeedX trucks you see around town nice equipment good operations people.

Last edited by a moderator:

da russian

they are what they are, the might sell the trailer loaded.. you might not be certain where and when the driver will be.

But they can run pretty cheap, and have a lot of trucks.

I try not to give them anything too important or confusing :)

theman

No, I definitely see the Brampton ones. I recognize them from the logo. I wouldn't call their equipment beautiful but it's fine (it's sort of a mimic of the Transx/QuikX logo but not really). They say they have 125 trucks on their website but check their SAFER and it shows 4 trucks. OK -- they have more than 4 but definitely a misrepresentation. The main reason I'm leery about them.

theman

They're running multiple authorities. The one we have them approved on is a different #'d company operating as SpeedX -- same address.

MarkD

Site Supporter
SIDHWAN-BET TRANSPORTATION who has ties with SpeedX
Carrier out of Mississauga Ont. Andy 905-676-2727 New on the block trying to hustle freight between Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary. I decided to give him a chance with some no rush freight. Told me he ran the lane twice a week so where could I go wrong? I dropped the 1/3 load on "his" dock Friday. Traced it Monday and it's still sitting there and it will leave on Wednesdays truck. Not a problem for me it was no rush. Get a call today "we wont be running that lane for quite some time, pick up your freight and pay the cross dock fees" as it wasn't his dock to begin with. Needless to say please learn from my mistake and avoid this operation. They were in cahoots with Speedx who they used to whse my freight then extort me the trumped up charges. Raman Sidhu was his name.

Nawk

I hear from a reliable source that the MOT visits them almost daily.

Be careful.

youngtea

I went to their offices in Mississauga 3 years ago to see them. I also met the owner. I think he was making out with this girl in his office, because when I walked in it was a very wierd "Oh I didn't know you would be here". Also the lights in the office were very dark.

I would stay away from these guys.

ponybellaa

Youngtea, You think he was doing something or you know? If the lights where off in the office why go in?

Nawk , I think your reliable source is not so reliable...

Let’s put some actual facts up rather than what you think you saw and or from so called reliable sources.

saytruth

Mark D, what i understood from your comment you hired a carrier SIDHWAN BET TRANSPORT to do load and you cross docked load at speedx facility. To my understanding Speedx just provided warehousing and x docking services to you. no transportation contract wasdirectly signed with speedx. you hired another company for transportation. To me you use warehousing service and must pay for that before picking up load. or set up credit line or account. you use service and pay for it. what is point of crying? i dont understand that. you had problem with third carrier sIDHAWAN BET, YOU DEAL WITH THEM for that. why you need to make excuse not to pay warehousing company........

dont wanna pay dont use someones facility, i use them all the time and they never ask me money for 60 days due to continous relationship

use this platform for positive information and real fact, and stop wasting everyone's time