Sohang Transportation LTD

BrandonS

Anybody have information/experience with this company?

Sohang Transportation LTD
212 1252 North Galloway Street
Regina, SK S4X 0L8
306-515-1025

Thank you,

Packrule

They do work for us. Caught them once double brokering a load for us. Same story just trying to service us. Risked losing thousands for hundreds. We suspended them for a month or two and have been ok since.

BrandonS

Thanks for the input. Confirms our suspicions as well.
Delivered FTL 3 days late. Still won't provide us with the PARS number..

boss

Site Supporter
We gave them an LTL from BC to ON a while ago. They brought it as far as their dock in SK, then 'partnered' it out the balance of the way. When the 'partner' contacted us directly for payment, we gladly held back Sohang's payment until the situation was 'resolved' Lots of 'quotes', but that's what happens when the situation is that fishy. DNU for sure.

Busuwe

Not a 100% truthful and will not follow up on questions asked. I personally will not be using them, exercise caution if you do.

Nawk

They double brokered a load on us.

How did we find out? The carrier that pulled it called us threatening to invoice our customer after they got tired of chasing Sohang for their money. They dug deeper into it and figured out the load was ours.

DNU for us !

LIONEL

I booked their truck yesterday to load for me. I had sent my load sheet over to them, and had not response for 4 hours. When I called them back after 4 hours to confirm, they told me the truck was booked by another dispatcher. A few weeks prior my assets division had booked doing a load for them, everything was confirmed and then 3 hours later let my team know they had booked with some else.

They are now DNU.

Last edited:

Freight Broker

If I don't get a confirmation back after 30 minutes I call the carrier and ask for it.. no confirmation after 45 minutes and I assume carrier is nolonger interested in the load and it goes back out for tender.

LIONEL

If I don't get a confirmation back after 30 minutes I call the carrier and ask for it.. no confirmation after 45 minutes and I assume carrier is nolonger interested in the load and it goes back out for tender.

I agree, however we had confirmed everything over the phone that they would be taking the load. Hence why i had sent the load tender. What do you do... lesson learned! :)

Freight Broker

Happens to me too ocassionally but payback can be a beach. Had a nice sounding lady book a load with me a year ago. She was so nice and friendly that I let my guard down and didn't get the confirmation.. Recognizing my mistake some five hours later, I called her back and she siad I'd get he load confirmation shortly.. Called again an hour later and she (nolonger so nice) said.. "oh.. truck is already covered on another load". So about eight months later she calls me again and books another load with me.. only this time I didn't send her a load sheet.. but did assure her in the best nice guy voice I could muster that "the load was hers" and load sheet would be sent over shortly.. And then payback.. here we go.. she called back towards the end of the day.. desperation now in her voice.. All I said was "My Inguish no so gooo.. wha you say??"..what load?

Last edited:

Igor Galanter

Happens to me too ocassionally but payback can be a beach. Had a nice sounding lady book a load with me a year ago. She was so nice and friendly that I let my guard down and didn't get the confirmation.. Recognizing my mistake some five hours later, I called her back and she (nolonger so nice) said.. "oh.. truck is already covered on another load". So about eight months later she calls me again and books another load with me.. only this time I didn't send her a load sheet.. but did assure her in the best nice guy voice I could muster that "the load was hers" and load sheet would be sent over shortly.. And then payback.. here we go.. she called back towards the end of the day.. desperation now in her voice.. All I said was "My Inguish no so gooo.. wha you say??"..what load?

The cat showing his claws, eh...

Casey

I had an experience with this carrier last week out of the East Coast. Booked a load with them and they told me driver was 60 miles away, unloaded and ready to roll. Called two hours later to see if he was on sight or loaded and she tells me that he is not unloaded yet. Had to cancel and scramble to find someone else. Here is the crazy part, the very next day we get another load and our regular carriers are all booked. We post it and she calls all apologetic and promises to provide a good service. We really had no choice than to try them as we had to get it loaded. So we set them up for a Saturday AM delivery between 8:00 - 10:00 AM. At 9:00 AM we call and we are told the truck is stuck in a yard in Brampton and waiting for someone to open the gate. They finally arrived for delivery around noon. We pay our warehouse to stay open to receive, then the driver hits one of the warehouse trucks in their yard. The driver is not willing to give any papers. Well their dispatch or maybe owner sent us over license, registration and assured us he'd take care of damages. All in all it was a huge mess, If you can avoid them, I suggest you do. Fortunately this was transparent to the client and we made our delivery commitments.

Prabh

I had an experience with this carrier last week out of the East Coast. Booked a load with them and they told me driver was 60 miles away, unloaded and ready to roll. Called two hours later to see if he was on sight or loaded and she tells me that he is not unloaded yet. Had to cancel and scramble to find someone else. Here is the crazy part, the very next day we get another load and our regular carriers are all booked. We post it and she calls all apologetic and promises to provide a good service. We really had no choice than to try them as we had to get it loaded. So we set them up for a Saturday AM delivery between 8:00 - 10:00 AM. At 9:00 AM we call and we are told the truck is stuck in a yard in Brampton and waiting for someone to open the gate. They finally arrived for delivery around noon. We pay our warehouse to stay open to receive, then the driver hits one of the warehouse trucks in their yard. The driver is not willing to give any papers. Well their dispatch or maybe owner sent us over license, registration and assured us he'd take care of damages. All in all it was a huge mess, If you can avoid them, I suggest you do. Fortunately this was transparent to the client and we made our delivery commitments.
2 hours late because electricity was gone and had electric gates closed. Owner of yard couldn’t come to open it manually right away. Driver hit one of your units and they agree to take care of it. So what else you wanted.?

Prabh

I've never had a problem with them before. Dispatch is polite, always delivered on time.
I booked their truck yesterday to load for me. I had sent my load sheet over to them, and had not response for 4 hours. When I called them back after 4 hours to confirm, they told me the truck was booked by another dispatcher. A few weeks prior my assets division had booked doing a load for them, everything was confirmed and then 3 hours later let my team know they had booked with some else.

They are now DNU.
Moved more than 100 loads for Ghost and how many they gave you back.?
Reason for this one I find out you were the cheapest carrier paying for that load picking in Mississauga to Saskatoon. You were informed well before sending a load confirmation that we cannot do this load as its too low we won’t be able to pay our expenses. We did so many loads with Landry and mike. Landry did few loads for us too they never had any issues. You made our relation bad with Ghost because my dispatch returned a load to you.
Well its our decision to take a load or no.

Prabh

Happens to me too ocassionally but payback can be a beach. Had a nice sounding lady book a load with me a year ago. She was so nice and friendly that I let my guard down and didn't get the confirmation.. Recognizing my mistake some five hours later, I called her back and she siad I'd get he load confirmation shortly.. Called again an hour later and she (nolonger so nice) said.. "oh.. truck is already covered on another load". So about eight months later she calls me again and books another load with me.. only this time I didn't send her a load sheet.. but did assure her in the best nice guy voice I could muster that "the load was hers" and load sheet would be sent over shortly.. And then payback.. here we go.. she called back towards the end of the day.. desperation now in her voice.. All I said was "My Inguish no so gooo.. wha you say??"..what load?
There are many occasions when carrier calls a broker and broker says they will send load to them and never does that. When carriers call them back they simply says Sorry our customer covered on there end, or Sorry my colleague covered it already. So carriers have to look for themselves too.
You already gave an example in your comment.
Take it easy