Sky Freightlines Ltd. - Any Reviews?

Casey

The address is Bedford, NS or Dartmouth, NS.

I'm looking at doing a fairly large amount of business with this carrier as I have been referred to them from another carrier.
Other than an old thread on here, and a link to a report of an employee conflict, I can't find much on them.
No website, papers have two addresses and both look like they could be warehouse locations.

Has anyone had any recent dealings/reviews with them?

Petey

I used them a few times from what I can remember. No issues popping up in my system but make sure you do your due diligence before hiring them. Did they give you any references?

Jim L

If you cannot find a website, a valid address or anything much on this carrier I would recommend that you keep digging. Don't do too much work with a company that has none of the essential business contact methods or you will be kicking yourself for not looking into it deeper.

Casey

Well here is my review of this company after trying them for one week.
Picked up FTL Tuesday for Thursday delivery and delivery late Friday afternoon. Absolutely ZERO communication. They would put me on hold for a half hour waiting for me to hang up. Would not reply to one location of truck request by email and literally would not explain why the truck was late. We spend a lot of time on this lane and watch weather, traffic cams and highway closings closely.

Picked up Wednesday for delivery Friday and on Friday it was still at the pickup city. I had to get another carrier on it for delivery Monday. I was sure it was lost or stolen. how one loses a FTL I don't know, but with no replies, how could I know anything.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. RODI AND RIAN ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN 20 YEARS IN THIS INDUSTRY. EVERYTHING OUT OF THERE MOUTHS IS A LIE AND YOU WOULD NEVER GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER. SAVE YOURSELF A TON OF STRESS AND BLOCK THEM ON THE LINK RIGHT AWAY.

PT INC

Well here is my review of this company after trying them for one week.
Picked up FTL Tuesday for Thursday delivery and delivery late Friday afternoon. Absolutely ZERO communication. They would put me on hold for a half hour waiting for me to hang up. Would not reply to one location of truck request by email and literally would not explain why the truck was late. We spend a lot of time on this lane and watch weather, traffic cams and highway closings closely.

Picked up Wednesday for delivery Friday and on Friday it was still at the pickup city. I had to get another carrier on it for delivery Monday. I was sure it was lost or stolen. how one loses a FTL I don't know, but with no replies, how could I know anything.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS. RODI AND RIAN ARE THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN 20 YEARS IN THIS INDUSTRY. EVERYTHING OUT OF THERE MOUTHS IS A LIE AND YOU WOULD NEVER GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER. SAVE YOURSELF A TON OF STRESS AND BLOCK THEM ON THE LINK RIGHT AWAY.

we had an issue with them as well, no communication at all, they delivered 1 day late and didn't advise the reason apart from " driver ran out of hrs" however when the load was booked they said delivery wouldn't be any issue

late penalty was applied and DNU

Parisite

Site Supporter
Everything you're reading above here is correct, had same problems with them yesterday....see my post elsewhere in another string on SKY...liars, probably thieves....had factor call 24 hours before load was scheduled to load, asking if it was performed satisfactory...anyway truck never showed.....DO NOT USE....I read this Friday and should have listened....screwed now....

Beep Beep

We have given many, many loads to Sky and have never once had any issues with them.

Never an issue with correspondence. We send an email looking for updates every morning and either Rian or Rodi always answer within minutes. If we need to speak directly with anyone, they always answer the phone or get back to us within reasonable times. We always receive an email when the load is delivered and signed PODs are always sent by the next day.

Don't know why people are having issues but they are a solid carrier for us and would never hesitate to give them a load

supereddy

Stay away at all costs, drove for them for 1.5 years... They dont know whats going on and they dont want to know whats going on... They are ripping off every driver they get turnover rate through the ceiling... They ripped me off for 5 weeks pay and sent my truck out with all my truck equipment in it worth over 10k on top of the 6k pay they owe me with a truck break down in that price... I didnt quit i wasnt fired after 5 weeks without pay i told them i couldnt run without some money... Done nothing but hard work in that time and thats how they pay you back... I have a labor case against them for wages and a police case for the truck equipment theft... Police were at their door this morning but guess he seen them and kept going... Now the reason for police on top of the theft was for protection against assult due to his history of assulting drivers... Attached link is this company history from not only me and that driver but every driver employed there now does this sound like a company you want to run your loads... He should be taken out of business how many labor reports will that take ??? https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/n...-boss-in-burnside-after-pay-complaint-256835/

supereddy

We have given many, many loads to Sky and have never once had any issues with them Don't know why people are having issues but they are a solid carrier for us and would never hesitate to give them a load
Im guessing your either a midland or armour or day and ross worker... These people are crooks and your supporting crooks that rip off drivers... Goggle sky freightlines plain black and white who they are, read my story under supereddy read this story then tell me why you would support these guys.. https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/n...-boss-in-burnside-after-pay-complaint-256835/

mtltrans

We have worked with Rian and the guys at Sky. Solid service. They haven't screwed anything up for us, and they do what they say. Have given them loads to the east, picked up and delivered on time.

hwyops

We have given many, many loads to Sky and have never once had any issues with them.

Never an issue with correspondence. We send an email looking for updates every morning and either Rian or Rodi always answer within minutes. If we need to speak directly with anyone, they always answer the phone or get back to us within reasonable times. We always receive an email when the load is delivered and signed PODs are always sent by the next day.

Don't know why people are having issues but they are a solid carrier for us and would never hesitate to give them a load

Just got the same run around as everyone posting negative feed back bud !