Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for for the good the bad or ugly on these carriers. I have a new lane to California starting and we have no interest in running these ourselves.

Harman From Brampton
Shaan Freightways
Fleetex
Ac Transport.

The unfortunate part of this is another carrier was doing this lane for my customer and dropped the ball so I ended up with the freight and there rates sucked on the lane. All of these carriers came in on the budget I was given but I have never dealt with any of them.

Thanks Rob

Sloth

Fleetex - Service

I have used Fleetex (dealt with Gary) on some of my own freight going to Cali. Loads were picked up and delivered on time - cannot speak to the service of the other carriers on this list.

drob

We've used Harman and Fleetex a couple times without any issues. Nothing real recent though

thanks,

Dave

Nawk

Harman - Made it to our DNU list (lied about a delivery to Costco Calgary - told us it was delivered and it wasn't. In the end when speaking with the driver at destination. He left two days after the load was picked up).

Shaan - Have given them 3 loads in 2012. All to the south. All picked up and delivered as requested. I would use again.

Fleetex - Have given them 5 - 6 loads a year since 2005. Only one late. I would use again.

AC - I have a few of them in my system. If you can provide some additional info on these guys I can see what I've got on them.

Just curious if you've talked at all to any of the premium left coasters? Mercer, T n S, Precision, Liberty, MSM etc. having a dock & city power out there might be beneficial. If it's a question of rates being low... sometimes the knowledge that a carrier has the lane exclusively can be a bit of a bargaining tool.

There's an awful lot of carriers looking for freight (not everyone is as fortunate as yourself Rob and operating at almost capacity). It's a sellers market these days on the O/B.

Rob

Site Supporter
Thanks Nawk,

I have talked to all of the premium carriers as I called all of them a couple weeks ago when I had this dropped on me.

The problem with the rate is it sucks and all the the guys I called wanted what I would want to run 2500 miles. And the carrier that dropped the ball on this had tied themselves and therefore the shipper into the rate for a year. They are a good customer that I pull alot of loads for so I do not want to have to have the money come out of their pocket to cover added shipping costs because another carrier rated the freight low.

The really funny part is the other carriers don't run the left coast either???

Last edited by a moderator:

theman

I think you'll find the reefer guys will be good as long as you're good with live loads. I honestly don't know how they are able to do it profitably 9 months of the year given what the general rate is they go out there for though.

As far as the dry carriers go, I think you'll find most of them relegated to LTLing out there, because the rate they need on a DV to go there just isn't competitive anymore, and there's too much capacity. Not to mention that intermodal going out there is dirt cheap, really (barely $1 a mile I believe if the O-D points are near the ramps).

I know we use Harman and AC for sure. I don't know if we use Shaan but they have a couple of O/Os that live near me and the equipment is nice. I can't speak of Fleetex for sure but if it was bad I'm sure I would have.

Dunkscd

Ac transport

AC Transport is horrible. They will pick up on time, but when it comes to delivery they will lie and deliver when it best suits them. I gave them 2 chances and this happened both times.

Rob

Site Supporter
The Shan has 1A so Shan Freight Way does that change anyone perspective I did not realize there was more than one.

theman

I think Shaan Express is based in Thornhill or Richmond Hill ... that's the one I'm talking about.

DIETCOKE

Site Supporter
Agree with Dunkscd on AC. Definitely on my DNU
- horrible communication and just a headache from the start
Can't comment on the others

Nawk

The Shan has 1A so Shan Freight Way does that change anyone perspective I did not realize there was more than one.
Safersys shows a conditional rating. I didn't have time to dig any deeper but... just sayin'

shayne

guys stay away from fleetex been lying to me for the past hour they were onsite and my shipper told me that they never showed up. was able to rebook in 5 min

marylou

Harman - Made it to our DNU list (lied about a delivery to Costco Calgary - told us it was delivered and it wasn't. In the end when speaking with the driver at destination. He left two days after the load was picked up).

Shaan - Have given them 3 loads in 2012. All to the south. All picked up and delivered as requested. I would use again.

Fleetex - Have given them 5 - 6 loads a year since 2005. Only one late. I would use again.

AC - I have a few of them in my system. If you can provide some additional info on these guys I can see what I've got on them.

Just curious if you've talked at all to any of the premium left coasters? Mercer, T n S, Precision, Liberty, MSM etc. having a dock & city power out there might be beneficial. If it's a question of rates being low... sometimes the knowledge that a carrier has the lane exclusively can be a bit of a bargaining tool.

There's an awful lot of carriers looking for freight (not everyone is as fortunate as yourself Rob and operating at almost capacity). It's a sellers market these days on the O/B.
IF LIBERTY LINEHAUL CAN HELP YOU OUT THEY ARE A GREAT CARRIER AND FAIR RATES

Rob

Site Supporter
Thanks for the replies the loads were moved back in 2012 when i posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.