Saskatoon, SK - Edmonton, AB

misto27

Site Supporter
Good day everyone!

We have several loads to move per day out of Saskatoon, SK to Edmonton, AB and we are currently looking for a new carrier.
The one we used on the past 2 1/2 years just got too many strikes, and the last one was horrible.
It's currently about 2-3 loads a day
All needs dryboxes - clean and dry.
Shipper is from 700 am to 3pm FCFS
Deliveries is next day usually - can be 2 days out if needed be.
80% of it is 2 axles ( under 48000 lbs ) but some will go up to 50,000 - 52,000 lbs.

Wondering if you can refer us or even help us out with that?

Thanking you in advance and have a great day!

Etienne
XTL Logistics.

martinetav

Don't know if they are your service failure but there is Ghost Transportation in Saskatoon 306-249-3515. You need to speak with Landry, if you can get in touch with him. It's almost a 'one man operation' and I think he even drives when necessary

Sal S

Suspended Member
I would be wary of Ghost Transport. I have heard horror stories about them from a couple of brokers in Ontario. I have heard from a trusted source that they are double brokering 90% of the freight they get. If you do give them the load make sure it is their truck that picks up the load if possible to be sure.

Packrule

Sal, you post on here allot and from what I see you rarely post facts. Ghost Transportation is a third party broker with trucks. So yes they broker freight. Now just because they have a truck does not mean they broker other carriers freight. I really think you need to research or at least validate your posts. Or your sources regards to the horror stories you've heard? Would love to hear them.

Prabh

They pickup freight locally in ON with there trucks bring it to a some cross dock facility and says its there own facility. They will post as FTL on link and sell it so cheap. Then they ask carriers to bring it to there dock in Saskatoon and will deliver with there own trucks.
I had a new girl in dispatch, she booked one of these loads with them and said will confirm once she will confirm the rate. We refused and my disaptch told them we cannot do the load and they started arguing and said they have already booked our truck and have to take it on that price.
DNU list since then.

Prabh

I would be wary of Ghost Transport. I have heard horror stories about them from a couple of brokers in Ontario. I have heard from a trusted source that they are double brokering 90% of the freight they get. If you do give them the load make sure it is their truck that picks up the load if possible to be sure.

SCAM CHASER

Site Supporter
Prabh - not sure why after 4 years, you decide to criticize Ghost. I personally know both Clay and Dallas, and they run a first class operation. They have a small cross dock facility on Slough in Mississauga, and a fair size terminal in Saskatoon.
Like many LTL carriers, they consolidate the freight they have picked up through their associated local cartage company, load the shipments into a 3rd party line haul carrier, and then breakbulk at their facility in Saskatoon

FreightGMR

Sal, you post on here allot and from what I see you rarely post facts. Ghost Transportation is a third party broker with trucks. So yes they broker freight. Now just because they have a truck does not mean they broker other carriers freight. I really think you need to research or at least validate your posts. Or your sources regards to the horror stories you've heard? Would love to hear them.

I use Ghost on the regular,....I have for years...great company, great people!