Rendex Logistics Inc.

Jim L

Does anyone have any information about Rendex Logistics Inc? They have a Brampton location but the main address is:
RENDEX LOGISTICS INC
107 Whitestone Cres NE
Calgary, AB T3J 1S4
USDOT 3166759
MC 115088

Their phone numbers are all over the place, the address above is a house.

Something looks amiss....

MikeJr

Staff member
Hi Jim L,

Did you end up working with Rendex? They are trying to take a load from one of my dispatchers. Any update is appreciated.

Keep well,
Mike

Llama

Hi Mike,

We tried to set Rendex up and decided not to use them based on the references they gave 3 out of 4 were not positive, these are dated 8/20/2019

NOT GOOD REFERENCE FROM SCOTLYNN----8/20/2019
SCOTLYNN: 800-263-9117: ext2468/JEN, A LOT OF LOADS PREVIOUSLY, DNU, OUTSTANDING CLAIM AND NOT COPERATIVE
CRT: 519-207-2800: AMBER: 2 YEARS, 10 LOADS, NP
WT TRANSPORTATION: 438-881-6948: VIRGINIO, DIDN'T PICK UP

Hope this helps you make a decision one way or another

MikeJr

Staff member
Thanks for the reply,

I was hesitant to work with also and we did not dispatch the load to Rendex. All documents listed Calgary AB address and the email signature was ON. Not a red flag in itself because companies are entitled to have offices wherever they like. The red flag for me was the ON office does not have WSIB.

Amazing the lengths we need to go to these days to create a warm and fuzzy feeling. Not so many years ago, we'd ask for insurance and send the order. Not today.

Keep well and thanks Llama for your 2 cents,
Mike

loaders

Site Supporter
We have been seeing a lot more of this Alberta based office, with yards and dispatch located in Ontario. As Mikejr said, not a red flag in itself as 99% of it is companies doing a paper re-locate for insurance purposes. It does however create another wrinkle that must be pressed out before handing off one of your customers loads. It would be interesting to figure out just how much time we all spend when vetting a new supplier. Paperwork checks, reference confirmation, unwinding mysteries about address such as this. It is no wonder why many brokers are somewhat reluctant, or at least hesitant, to take on a new supplier. As time consuming as it may be, unfortunately there is no substitute for performing stringent due diligence before entrusting an unknown entity to handle your hard won customers freight.

Rob

Site Supporter
We have been seeing a lot more of this Alberta based office, with yards and dispatch located in Ontario. As Mikejr said, not a red flag in itself as 99% of it is companies doing a paper re-locate for insurance purposes. It does however create another wrinkle that must be pressed out before handing off one of your customers loads. It would be interesting to figure out just how much time we all spend when vetting a new supplier. Paperwork checks, reference confirmation, unwinding mysteries about address such as this. It is no wonder why many brokers are somewhat reluctant, or at least hesitant, to take on a new supplier. As time consuming as it may be, unfortunately there is no substitute for performing stringent due diligence before entrusting an unknown entity to handle your hard won customers freight.

I believe the paper relocated for insurance should be a red flag. Reason behind it is if their insurance rate is that bad it has to be for a reason. My rates went up about 2% this year. My broker and insurance company guy both (would not give names) said that some companies rates where up 50 or even 70% being moved to facility etc because of lousy safety records. We need to get these companies and drivers off the road. If they are running to Alberta for their cousins etc address so they can get better rates just shows me that they are a little shady and probably have contract drivers. hence the no wsib.

You want to run a trucking company all fine and dandy but don't skirt all the rules you can etc and make the rest of us look bad.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
Well said Rob I was just typing the same answer, I would be leary about Facility pay out if you have an issue and maybe the company was not completely truthful to the Facility insurance about say the # of units and miles traveled in the US. I will guarantee you that they are definitely doing Driver Inc and not paying WSIB anywhere or government taxes like the rest of us.

loaders

Site Supporter
All good points gentlemen, and certainly a discrepancy between the business address and the operating address is worthy of a serious second look. I guess I was basing my point on a discussion I had recently with a small carrier who had experienced a couple of accidents in a short time period causing their insurance costs to skyrocket. They made the business decision to get their insurance in Alberta at a lower rate. Again, I can only speak to the experience relayed to me by this one carrier, and I agree that there can be many that abuse not only the insurance system, but also WSIB and payroll procedures. All to my earlier point about researching and digging up whatever you can find before taking on a new supplier.

MikeJr

Staff member

15-20 minuntes (minimum) per carrier onboarding. part of it spent in review, part spent in saving documents should we need them, part spent notifying other departments such that they can ensure they are set up properly for payment, etc. It's horribly taxing on multiple individuals in multiple departments currently, once we've completed implementing the new TMS I expect this time will be shaved down to about 5 minutes or less. I'm counting the days!

Keep well sir,
Mike

FR8CHICK

Site Supporter
Four months and counting waiting on payment. Doesn't answer calls or emails anymore so I assume Rendex is out of business. They also go by MB Trans-haul.

Last edited:

Dunkscd

Four months and counting waiting on payment. Doesn't answer calls or emails anymore so I assume Rendex is out of business. They also go by MB Trans-haul.
We have been trying to reach them also as we are looking to get a POD so we can actually pay them, but they are not answering any emails or Phone calls

FR8CHICK

Site Supporter
We have been trying to reach them also as we are looking to get a POD so we can actually pay them, but they are not answering any emails or Phone calls
I ended up reaching him on a different email address I found online. I don't think he is on link anymore and he said he is in India. He said his email isn't working and his phones aren't working...(I call bullshit, I think he closed shop and fled.)
Here is his "new" cell 647-909-1104 and email is rendexlogistics@gmail.com.

Sandy

Michael Ludwig

Well said Rob I was just typing the same answer, I would be leary about Facility pay out if you have an issue and maybe the company was not completely truthful to the Facility insurance about say the # of units and miles traveled in the US. I will guarantee you that they are definitely doing Driver Inc and not paying WSIB anywhere or government taxes like the rest of us.

One way to trip up Driver Inc. companies is when you ask for WSIB and they reply the "contactor" supplies his/her own WSIB, simply ask for the contractor's clearance cert. They'll either have a cert., or a waiver. Either way it will have their client number on WSIB letterhead :) .

FR8CHICK

Site Supporter
One way to trip up Driver Inc. companies is when you ask for WSIB and they reply the "contactor" supplies his/her own WSIB, simply ask for the contractor's clearance cert. They'll either have a cert., or a waiver. Either way it will have their client number on WSIB letterhead :) .
You would think that would clarify things but not in all cases. I have had brokers refuse to work with me or are deducting 6% (even though we have worked together for years prior) because I have IO certs for my O/O's rather than paying their WSIB. And yes, we have alternative coverage. Some brokers are just taking it too far. I understand there are some that are just covering their ass but others are looking for a way to reap the rewards. Doesn't help those of us that actually follow the rules.

Michael Ludwig

Deducting 6% for "not having WSIB" ... that's friggin' hilarious. I'll bet those good honest folks turn that right over to WSIB to bring your account up to date ... ROFLMFAO

loaders

Site Supporter
Wow, deducting 6% for being non-WSIB compliant??? I am sure that will make a whole lot of difference to the auditors at WSIB if your name ever came up for a little "look see". If a carrier cannot provide you with the required documentation, just pass and find someone who can. Or is the 6% just a little "insurance" to salt away to be used in the event you are audited and have to pay out? Ridiculous anyway you look at it!

FR8CHICK

Site Supporter
Rendex is back on Link again. If anyone has any info (including the name of their factoring company), please let me know. New #'s are listed and no one answers. I sent a complaint to Link and hope others will as well.

Sandy
Sandwood Transport