? REGARDING USING REMOTE DESKTOP WHILE AWAY ON WORKING VACATION

marylou

I am going South next week, a working vacation. I set up chrome remote desktop on my main and laptop computer and worked remotely all day Monday to test it out. No issues. Of course today it is saying that the computer i am trying to connect to is offline and might not be connected to wifi. It is connected to wifi. Anyone have any other suggestions to fix this. Tried google with no luck. It would be much easier on my trip if i could still work off my main desktop. Thanks

MikeJr

Staff member
Not knowing much about your network/wifi/etc. All I can suggest at this time is reboot everything and hope it reconnects. This would be the first step in any troubleshooting case.

My wife works at an IT company, if you need her contact information PM me.

Keep well,
Mike

marylou

Not knowing much about your network/wifi/etc. All I can suggest at this time is reboot everything and hope it reconnects. This would be the first step in any troubleshooting case.

My wife works at an IT company, if you need her contact information PM me.

Keep well,
Mike
Thanks Mike, i googled for hours , By not using my remote it just means i will have to save the confirmation loads or order that come in to the laptop then transfer them when i get home so i am going to just do that . Have a great Christmas !

TransAction

Look into using AnyDesk or TeamViewer
I agree with Team Viewer however, the issue is with these sort of systems if that your cpu has to be on and in some instances, it is best to set it up your cpu with no log in or password required while you are away as this can affect your connection at times if your are comfortable with that. You should also really consider moving towards Google drive for all files, an online email system, a collaboration and project management online system and your TMS to a web based system, this way you never have to worry about these sort of things and can work from anywhere that has a decent internet connection! This is also very helpful in our office for bad weather days, power outages, internet outages at the office, etc, we can all log in, communicate, collaborate and get the job done and no one is the wiser that we are in our pajamas and as to where we are doing it from! Enjoy your vacay!