RBT LIMITED

loaders

Site Supporter
It is the right thing to do. The money you owe them, they in turn perhaps owe to other trucking companies just like you, who will probably only receive 10 cents on the dollar. It may not seem like much, but something is always better than nothing.

MikeJr

Staff member
If they filed, but as of yet there is no indication they did;

It would be interesting to see if anyone is a debtor and also a creditor. Assuming amounts were approximately equal, would they be liable to pay the full amount so the funds could be dispursed to the securred creditors and then get back their 10 cents on the dollar or less on the RCV side or could one simply say, look, I owe them $1000, they owe me $1000 so we're going to say it's a wash. The trustee probably wouldn't like that very much though.

Keep well,
Mike

loaders

Site Supporter
Sounds fair and logical doesn’t it? However you are absolutely correct Mikejr, the trustee would see those two amounts as two completely different animals.

Jim L

Everybody is assuming that the company is going bankrupt but it looks to me that they couldn't get affordable insurance and they let it lapse. Maybe RBT has just made the decision to close their doors, collect their AR, pay their bills, sell their assets and living off of what is left. Exactly what any good business would do.

Remember, there was nothing bad written about this carrier, no reports of double brokering. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. If you owe them and there is no indication of foul play then pay them what you agreed to.

shayne

Everybody is assuming that the company is going bankrupt but it looks to me that they couldn't get affordable insurance and they let it lapse. Maybe RBT has just made the decision to close their doors, collect their AR, pay their bills, sell their assets and living off of what is left. Exactly what any good business would do.

Remember, there was nothing bad written about this carrier, no reports of double brokering. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. If you owe them and there is no indication of foul play then pay them what you agreed to.
agreed

Declaring bankruptcy will cost them money so you will probably not hear from a trustee. Of course they may call you to collect and pretend they are still in business. Surprising that someone owes them money as they usually take the money and run, not run and then realize someone owes them money. Karma.