Over the Road Logistics / Over the Road Transportation
191 Superior Blvd
Mississauga, Ontario
L5T 2L6
Ph: 905-564-2626
Fax: 905-673-7077
Cell: 647-289-1892
Owner: Richard Meyers

Chasing Over the Road Logistics / Over the Road Transportation for an outstanding freight bill $3,700.00 dated May 20, 2011 owed to ASL Global Logistics. Our experience has been Over the Road Logistics / Over the Road Transportation received the invoice / backup May 25, 2011 and has consistently given the weekly run around by their accounts payable contact Carlos, he the type you call them Monday he tell you no check today call me Friday, Friday comes and goes. Carlos is also known to start laughing when you inquire about the payment, he thinks it a joke after his laughter he hangs up the phone. The shipper Sunny Fresh--Vero Beach, Florida 772-770-0207 contact Sandy / Joe no longer uses Over the Road Logistics / Over the Road Transportation because the last load they pulled for Sunny Fresh the trucker held the load hostage for 4 days and wanted payment first. This is a shipper and consignee worst nightmare. Sunny Fresh did pay Over the Road Logistics / Over the Road Transportation in full for the load ASL pulled but they obviously decided to "Pocket The Money" these guys "ARE BAD NEWS BEWARE".

Tom Lebarron
1-888-634-5251

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
There are numerous posts on Over The Road. Do a search.

If you are in Ontario...or any other "close" province for that matter - you know better than extend any credit to Richard.

DIETCOKE

Site Supporter
These guys have been blocked on my link forever. How is it that they can still see my postings? I asked them but didn't get much of an answer.
Are they also a numbered company?
Thanks!

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
Check your member's listing. The numbered companies are right at the start and you should be able to scroll through. Try also variations of OTP, OTD, etc. If you can't find them, ask them the next time they call what company they are calling from and then ask if they're affiliated with any other companies. I used to have a problem with a DNU carrier, some guy named "Juice" (ok, is that the name your mother gave you?) from Advantage and I had to figure out how he was seeing postings. These guys get creative.

Oldtimer

Over The Road/On the Double = bad news
Richard should use the short form of his name = Dick

"Court" was there for a long time...he is still floating around someplace , probably with a new handle.

Rob

Site Supporter
OTR/OTD whatever they want to call themselves work cheap and no wonder. They never live up to what they commit to.

Cort there is a piece of work - he called from Skylark like he was my best buddy. I hung up the phone and put them on DNU..

Last edited by a moderator:

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
OTR OTD what ever they want to call themselves work cheap and no wonder they never live up too what they commit to. Cort there is a piece of work he called from Skylark like he was my best buddy i hung up the phone and put them on DNU..

Yep, that's him alright. He'll call on a piece of freight like it belongs to him and just start talking like the deal is already done. I understand the guy clearly is a hustler and the dividing line between guys like him and others who try to get freight is whether or not they stand behind what they say. 2/3 of all dispatchers probably habitually take freight before some other company can legitimately do an order and then have to explain why their truck isn't where they said it was. Cort has a history of doing that in my experience and part of that history is that I see he ends up at what I prefer to call a "carrier of last resort" or the "Hail Mary" carriers that magically say they can do your order when all others can't. I think he may be taking freight and hoping that everyone will accept "hey, that's freight...you know...heyyyyy....sorry about that....heh heh, yeah, how about that LTL, phew....I would have delivered it but Davy Jones died eh, sooo....my driver is still in Oregon and I think he's getting onions - do you like onions?...." or whatever is left in the almanac of excuses that he casually informs you with when confronted.

Maggs

....I would have delivered it but Davy Jones died eh, sooo....my driver is still in Oregon and I think he's getting onions - do you like onions?...." or whatever is left in the almanac of excuses that he casually informs you with when confronted.

OMG thanks for the laugh! :D......I dealt with that "Cort" many years ago too....and OMG, every excuse and round about conversation he could come up with he did! Lost a huge account over his wacked out ways.....

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
OMG thanks for the laugh! :D......I dealt with that "Cort" many years ago too....and OMG, every excuse and round about conversation he could come up with he did! Lost a huge account over his wacked out ways.....

Yes, same here and sadly, the excuses he (and other dispatchers) provide just makes it worse for everyone when the truth early on lets everyone win a bit.

You know what's funny? OTD's website is comedy gold. They're giving away downloads for Adobe Reader for operating systems that are required only if you somehow still use Windows 95 or 98 and giving away really outdated copies of internet browsers, like Netscape. Plus they have stuff for sale, among other things, like a "Konka" brand-name television (oooh, that's quality - must have won it on a game show overseas maybe), a reach truck and the ever so trendy RIM pager. Can someone please buy these people a time machine and this year's calendar?

AccountsReceivable@DRC

Staff member
Plus they have stuff for sale, among other things, like a "Konka" brand-name television (oooh, that's quality - must have won it on a game show overseas maybe).

Funny that TV's are mentioned....

A friend of a friend did some mechanic work for Richard about 4 years ago. As soon as I heard it was for Over The Road - I knew he wouldn't be paid for anything.

The trucks were fixed after 2 full days of work - Saturday/Sunday over 2 weekends. It came time to be paid - Richard told him he was waiting on a couple of drivers to come back with some cash - he would pay him soon. Couple more weekends went by - nothing...he called and then Richard started dodging him. He finally showed up at his office and asked for the money he was owed. Richard took him thru his warehouse - which was full of TV's - older ones. He told him to "take a TV" and to stop bugging him - that was payment enough - the job he did wasn't that "big of a deal". They had an agreed price - Richard denied the agreement - and he was never paid. Nor did he take a TV...

What bothered me the most about this whole incident was the mechanic had brought his younger son to help with the job. He was getting a little $$$ out of it for helping. To a young teenager - a little pocket money can be like gold. This was a young and impressionable kid - who witnessed this garbage individual stiff his Dad. He also learned a difficult lesson that hard work does not always pay off. We all know this living and working in an "adult" world.

But this was a lesson his son should have learned on his own - maybe a few years down the line - when he had more positive "life experiences" under his belt to cushion the cruel realities of what "doing business" can really be like....

What goes around...comes around...I am a firm believer in this....he'll get his day....

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
Funny that TV's are mentioned....

A friend of a friend did some mechanic work for Richard about 4 years ago. As soon as I heard it was for Over The Road - I knew he wouldn't be paid for anything.

The trucks were fixed after 2 full days of work - Saturday/Sunday over 2 weekends. It came time to be paid - Richard told him he was waiting on a couple of drivers to come back with some cash - he would pay him soon. Couple more weekends went by - nothing...he called and then Richard started dodging him. He finally showed up at his office and asked for the money he was owed. Richard took him thru his warehouse - which was full of TV's - older ones. He told him to "take a TV" and to stop bugging him - that was payment enough - the job he did wasn't that "big of a deal". They had an agreed price - Richard denied the agreement - and he was never paid. Nor did he take a TV...

What bothered me the most about this whole incident was the mechanic had brought his younger son to help with the job. He was getting a little $$$ out of it for helping. To a young teenager - a little pocket money can be like gold. This was a young and impressionable kid - who witnessed this garbage individual stiff his Dad. He also learned a difficult lesson that hard work does not always pay off. We all know this living and working in an "adult" world.

But this was a lesson his son should have learned on his own - maybe a few years down the line - when he had more positive "life experiences" under his belt to cushion the cruel realities of what "doing business" can really be like....

What goes around...comes around...I am a firm believer in this....he'll get his day....

That truly is a life lesson.

On a side note, now that I think of it, the website says those tv's ranged from like 13" to 32" and if they're old, I'll bet they were
probably freight claim tv's that were defective. Turns out Konka is mostly just cheap Chinese tvs. I see you can get 20" Konka tv's on Amazon.com for like $59 so that tells you how valuable they are lol. Richard needs a crappy Canadian tv game show to unload those on. Good call to not take the consolation prize.

theman

Good thing I wasn't drinking coffee, it would have come straight through my nose or something ...