One Call Logistics / MC 625390

Shakey

Site Supporter
anyone with experience using this carrier? Good / Bad / Ugly?? Not 100% but I'm thinking he has double brokered load Edmonton to Vancouver on us.

thanks in advance

MikeJr

Staff member
Bad and Ugly

The last shipment together was full of lies, delays (picked up 26 hours late) but did deliver on time...

I've no PARS on the paperwork to verify so can not comment on the double broker allegations.

If you can't reach your driver to get a real ETA it's not your driver!!! :cool:

Sorry to hear you have a bad load in transit - hope it delivers intact and that it wasn't for production...

Keep well,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Shakey

Site Supporter
Confirmed and stopped it before they loaded, load will be late but better than double brokered :)! Be cautious using One Call out of Abbotsford BC.

noproblembuddy

Site Supporter
So basically it wasn't really "one call" ;)

The last shipment together was full of lies, delays (picked up 26 hours late) but did deliver on time...

I've no PARS on the paperwork to verify so can not comment on the double broker allegations. What I will say is this: when the ETA is "30 minutes to 1 hour" as we experienced over and over again for a day... Walks and talks like a duck...

Sorry to hear you have a bad load in transit - hope it delivers intact and that it wasn't for production...

Keep well,

Mike

PatTetro

Good day folks!

My name is Pat Tetrault and I'm the owner of One Call Logistics out of Steinbach, MB. Please note that One Call Logistics Inc. from Steinbach MB has no affiliations with the one in Abbotsford, BC. I started my company back in July 2014, I had done a google check and ran my name through the Business Directory in MB but it obviously didn't catch the company name in BC.

So, here I figured we had a catchy name for a new comany....well, so catchy that there's a One Call Transport in Abbotsford and another one in Mississauga. Please be advised that One Call Logistics in Steinbach MB has NO AFFILIATIONS with these guys, just fluke that we have the same name. Please feel free and safe to do business with us in Steinbach, we run a fleet of 18 Units running Dry Vans to and from Western Canada and the Mid-West USA.

Pat Tetrault
President
One Call Logistics Inc.
Phone: 844-779-2255

Fax: 888-247-6363
email: ptetrault@onecall-logistics.com
8 PTH 12 North
Steinbach, MB R5G 1T2
CANADA

Last edited by a moderator:

EricG

Site Supporter
Pat,

Thank you for the clarification. Its always nice to get info "straight from the horses mouth"

ShawnR

Site Supporter
Pat is a good guy, but those other guys at the BC company YIKES!!!

no show no call on a 21h00 pick up, which was originally a Noon pickup.
finally cancelled, their stories just never eneded and they cost us a lot of time of a big load.
put us back about 3-4 days on that pickup...

first load, last load! DNU

MADBOOKER

I will also say that Pat from One Call in MB is a good carrier.
Have used him on a few loads this year. Never a problem.

martinetav

Bad and Ugly

I've no PARS on the paperwork to verify so can not comment on the double broker allegations.

Keep well,

Mike
Mike Jr.
I would just like to say that when you generalize and say that if we can't contact our driver it's because it's not your driver, well that's not really true. We have drivers that don't feel the need to be in contact with us. This, no matter how many times we tell them we need a check call at least twice a day. Our drivers are mostly O/O s. Most of them are old timers who had to use the antiquated phone booth back when ;) Those old dogs are hard to teach new tricks to sometimes. We are working on it. But for us, anyway, no news is usually good news. You can be darn sure that we hear from them when things aren't going so well:)

MikeJr

Staff member
Martinetav,

I agree with you, drivers should be driving safely not on the phone all day offering their dispatch updates every mile of the way. As long as they call you 100% of the time when there are issues/delays.

In this instance, when tracing a long haul shipment for several days in a row, and the dispatcher you are speaking to hums, haws, and says they will call you back, then after touching base a few times throughout the day it's now 4PM and they can't seem to get a hold of the driver all day for several days to get an idea if they are ahead/on/behind schedule then something smells fishy. I would apply this logic to any carrier I was doing a first load with.

Keep well and Happy Friday!
Mike

Translog

Good to know Pat as we just booked a partial with you via Ross. I was going to cancel.

Good day folks!

My name is Pat Tetrault and I'm the owner of One Call Logistics out of Steinbach, MB. Please note that One Call Logistics Inc. from Steinbach MB has no affiliations with the one in Abbotsford, BC. I started my company back in July 2014, I had done a google check and ran my name through the Business Directory in MB but it obviously didn't catch the company name in BC.

So, here I figured we had a catchy name for a new comany....well, so catchy that there's a One Call Transport in Abbotsford and another one in Mississauga. Please be advised that One Call Logistics in Steinbach MB has NO AFFILIATIONS with these guys, just fluke that we have the same name. Please feel free and safe to do business with us in Steinbach, we run a fleet of 18 Units running Dry Vans to and from Western Canada and the Mid-West USA.

Pat Tetrault
President
One Call Logistics Inc.
Phone: 844-779-2255

Fax: 888-247-6363
email: ptetrault@onecall-logistics.com
8 PTH 12 North
Steinbach, MB R5G 1T2
CANADA