Normerica Logistics Corp

Igor Galanter

Yeah, they have some craters in their yard on the road side...I can only imagine what the back of the building is like!

My memories going back to beginning of this millennium, so some things never change...
One of the worse part was when cowboys in sandals try to drive side by side on that driveway and hitting each other when truck or trailer bounces on those bumps... Time well spent observing them arguing who is fault that was, eh....

bellcitytransport

My memories going back to beginning of this millennium, so some things never change...
One of the worse part was when cowboys in sandals try to drive side by side on that driveway and hitting each other when truck or trailer bounces on those bumps... Time well spent observing them arguing who is fault that was, eh....
They've installed this great traffic light system now, not that it's followed too often. The yard is still pretty rough. Can't imagine being so cheap not to fill in pot holes the size of a sedan.

Pasha

done 1 load and stopped right away after reading all the comments. and all of them were right. 75 days for that 1 load we did. no payment no answer to calls or e mails.

Michael Ludwig

Can someone advise their average date for payments? ie-45 days or 60 days?

A Buzz Lightyear was fond of saying ... "To infinity and beyond!"

Yeah, they have some craters in their yard on the road side...I can only imagine what the back of the building is like!

Ever see the movies Sergeant York or All Quiet on the Western Front? Do you recall the images of No Man's Land? Need I say more?

Nawk

A few years back... an old industry contact started working there. I took the load a) because i needed to get where that load was going and b) because it was him... and he'd always been a straight shooter and very fair with me in his previous lives.

Well... he was gone from Normerica two weeks later... and somewhere around the 120 day mark (I don't recall exactly as it was with my previous employer... after many calls, Emails and threats we were paid).

Read the Linkedin, Glassdoor, Google reviews on this company... They've been bad for a long time. To their employees, trucker and everyone else they come in contact with.

It's shocking to me that they can keep the doors open... find people to work for them and companies to haul their freight still.

Deisel1

Can anyone confirm:
Normerica Logistics Group- are they the same as Normerica Inc located on Hurontario Street, Mississauga?
Supplier of Pet Food.
Please advise because I am being asked from a Sales rep to quote TL business.
Any further information would be helpful.

NotForHire

same
Can anyone confirm:
Normerica Logistics Group- are they the same as Normerica Inc located on Hurontario Street, Mississauga?
Supplier of Pet Food.
SAME!

Nawk

Can anyone confirm:
Supplier of Pet Food.
That's there admin office - Yes.

They have a few plants here and there.

We loaded out of Brantford... I remember our O/O bitched about the yard being muddy and giant puddles and a fear of bottoming out. I'm not sure if that's been fixed though.

dad2andrew

That's there admin office - Yes.

They have a few plants here and there.

We loaded out of Brantford... I remember our O/O bitched about the yard being muddy and giant puddles and a fear of bottoming out. I'm not sure if that's been fixed though.

Judging by the craters I see when I drive by, no....it's only gotten worse. Puddles out front are the size of Olympic sized swimming pools. I can only imagine what the back looks like.

Henry

Use with extreme caution

Normerica Logistics Corp - now posting loads directly on Link as a logistics company...a reincarnation of the one shut down in 2002.

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc/2002/2002canlii49418/2002canlii49418.html

Do a google search and their vendor relationship methods will be quite obvious.

I have seen more and more activity with Normerica in the past few weeks.

I have dealt with Hub for a long time and never had any problems.

I am surprised that Link has so much power in our industry. They seem to pick and choose who gets to use their services while they is little completion. Their rates are high. I wish there was another decent option.

Igor Galanter

[QUOTE="Henry, post: 84059, member: 14390"

I am surprised that Link has so much power in our industry. They seem to pick and choose who gets to use their services while they is little completion. Their rates are high. I wish there was another decent option.
[/QUOTE]

Not to defend LINK, but they only refuse your business if you don't qualify legaly ( licences, insurance), financialy ( credit history) and ethicaly ( complaints from your peers).
Otherwise they welcome to pay even if don't use it, eh...