Need local gta tri axle carrier -72.0000lbsf 6 per day

NotForHire

Hi everyone I got a new client from the Collingwood area.

Starting Feb1st I will have daily loads for tri axle dv.
6 per day.

Ajax, Woodbridge, Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa, Mississauga, Brampton, Cornwall

I don’t mind splitting these up with different carriers and I don’t mind signing contracts either.

Let Me know what you’re thinking.

Respectfully

shayne

loaders

Site Supporter
Hmmmm ,one broker books his freight with another broker, who then books it with a carrier. Oh come on, don't be such a "nervous Nellie", nothing to worry about here....as long as everyone gets paid.......... right?

Rob

Site Supporter
That water is so cheap that no one can afford to haul the shit anyway might as well be triple brokered and screw the carriers even more. Goes to all the best places also like Walmart Loblaws and Sobey's where carriers are treated with the upmost respect and care.

Leave it in the ground it is better off their anyway.

Shakey

Site Supporter
funny how they couldn't make it work brokering the loads themselves when they tried that

loaders

Site Supporter
Now that’s interesting. “Quotas” for a brokerage dispatcher. If the “quota” you need to meet is purely a sales or revenue only number, hell, sell the freight for 0% markup. However, if the ”quota” is based on profit or margin, then your job becomes one of convincing a carrier to take the crappiest rate you could possibly offer. To be honest, I have never been a fan of quotas for dispatchers. Salespeople, of course. A dispatchers job in a brokerage operation is to find the best carrier for your customers freight, not the cheapest. The sales department is responsible for obtaining the business at a rate that allows the dispatchers to do their job. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Rob

boss

Site Supporter
No offense, but can we change this channel. Seems like every other email strain is a Shayne-Show these days. Almost makes me miss good old Groch who felt the need to sell us on his co-brokering skills on a daily. Best of luck Shayne, but you 'secured' this contract without the proper agents to fulfill the requirements...seems a bit a**-backwards if your intention is to now source 'quality' carriers and offer 'quality' service.

MikeJr

Staff member
Shayne,

Um, the customer for this project was quoted like this right?
Obtain lanes and specifics for the lanes (all the requirements). Dispatch or someone in your company goes to market and talk to carriers about their availablity and rates for the business on the lanes required and with the specifics the shipper/consignee need. Take those figures and add a fair margin for whatever value add your employer provides and then you have rates to quote your customer, yes? The carriers that assisted you in getting the businss, where are they now?

Keep well,
Mike

Shakey

Site Supporter
i wont offer freight anymore , seems like no one here appreciates the act

Shane to offer freight is one thing, but to jump on others freight or lane questions stating you can cover it is the issue my friend. This is not a freight selling site, this is an information/helping site.

Cheers
Shakey

loaders

Site Supporter
Shayne, don’t take these comments the wrong way and don’t stop offering your available loads to any interested CARRIERS. I for one, admire your ”go get em” attitude. If properly controlled, it can be a definite advantage for your employer. Just remember, double, or co/brokering is frowned upon by the majority of the members on this site. Also, taking on every possible piece of business without having qualified carriers quoting you beforehand, can be seen as the actions of an inexperienced, unprofessional broker, something that you are obviously not.

Rob

Site Supporter
i wont offer freight anymore , seems like no one here appreciates the act

Carriers are always looking for good freight Shayne, The issue i would have taking any from you is that you come on here and tell everyone that will post a load you will gladly double broker it (You can call it whatever helps you sleep at night) but carriers believe it or not actually have to make a profit or we become a fallen flag. Well if you took a load from say Loaders and he took his 10-20 points and then you want another 10-20 points the carrier is now getting the wonderful 1.50 a mile you seem so proud to say what you get freight covered for. That sir is a rate that will cause carrier to go broke. While it is said carriers fault for accepting the shitty rate it just drives brokerages like yourselves to keep rates in the shitter. Lots of crappy freight out there to be had and you seem so numbers quota driven all about you I will be a prince and set you up with another wonderful account. Call Normerica in Brantford they change brokers monthly maybe you can go in an cut there already laughable rates for their never ready ontime, impossible to make delivery schedules freight. 100's of loads to be had!!!!

loaders

Site Supporter
I am sure I speak for many of the brokers on this site, when I say that if I had to, or wanted to, we all could probably squeeze another 5% from the rates we offer to our carriers. Yes, it would go right to my bottom line and allow me to maybe take 2 months holidays instead of 1. However, it would also result in my staff spending way too much time trying to find a desperate carrier and then begging even him to take the load. To say nothing of the damage to a hard earned, 30 year reputation as a fair broker to deal with. No, we will price our rates to our customers knowing that we will definitely not be successful with them all, but when are, there will be a decent rate available to the carrier and a modest profit for us. As Rob said, there are hundreds of crappy paying loads available, and our name won't be associated with any of them.

BPOVFB

@loaders - that's a great way to operate. With that said - carriers should try and spend more than 6 cents from their annual revenue on business development.