Message from Tim Armstrong

olsliproc

Cooling off
I must say this forum is so unfair. Here I am trying to move on with my life from 3 large customers who went bankrupt on me back in 2007 and forced me to close the doors of my business (Wheel King) and no one will let it go. Instead choose to bash me with no knowledge of anything you’re talking about.

Yes 3301 Lakeshore is a virtual office has anyone had to start small or were you all rich and never started from scratch.

By the way guys how many sales reps do you have that produce 0 business for you? I imagine it’s many or you have had those bad sales reps.

So I develop a program that works and is proven and people who know nothing about it bash it. It just shows what kind of mentality is on this forum. I am not insulting anyone, but you guys need to move on and let people move on in their lives.

I recall that I invited all my creditors to my bankruptcy meeting to work out payment plans and make the best of the loss of all the companies and not 1 carrier showed!!!! not 1.

I am not a crook and this post should be eliminated. It's been 5 years guys lets it go. I hope that one day you will never have to go bankrupt and see how the hell follows you everywhere. I invested all of my rsp's that I saved from the age of 18 to save that company. A grand total of 50,000.00 gone down the drain.

So if I chose to be in a business that’s pays weekly instead of every 90 days give me a break.

I am human and I do not deserve all this slack, if anyone had the intelligence to contact me about these issues rather than post crap on the net without any solid evidence you would see I am not a bad guy.

Please for the love of god move on, I am trying to.

Thank you

Tim Armstrong

whatiship

Tim

I don't know you or have ever done business with you however, " Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, or a carrier burnt"
Many folks on this site have been stuck with a lot of money that was owed to them by you.
They don't care about your RRSP's or any other ordeal that you have had to deal with since you tanked.
They simply are pissed that they did'nt get paid.
As long as you stay in a transportation related field you will not hear the end of this for a long time.
I don't remember the names of everyone who has paid me over the years, but I seem to remember everyone who didnt.

Good luck with your new endeavours but don't expect people to forget.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
whatiship.... that is the perfect response I was holding off commenting because my momma always told me if I had nothing good to say then don't say nothing at all (I don't always listen to my momma).

ralphthetrucker

Tim

I don't remember the names of everyone who has paid me over the years, but I seem to remember everyone who didnt.

Good luck with your new endeavours but don't expect people to forget.

EXCELLENT reply whatiship...I doubt anyone will/can put it better! God may forgive, unpaid carriers and don't forget.

jsprat

Whatiship, well said.

Just because we don't get paid, doesn't mean that we don't pay our bills; right out of the front right pocket; because that is how losses are covered. They are paid personally because my name is my bond. Everyones name is associated with something Tim, some for the better and some not.

Sprat

Activet

Reponse to Tim Armstrong

As with whatiship, we don't know each other and probably have never done business with each other. However, since your post was an open letter to this forum, I feel free to walk though the door you've opened. And, rest assured, this post is intended to reflect my sense of compassion for you regarding your situation.

Firstly, and rather noticeably, your post hasn't a mea-culpa anywhere in it. It's almost as if the problems that your business encountered were someone Else's fault (your's alone), yet no apology??? It almost seems as if you've learned nothing from your experience, which makes it even more tragic.True, you may have had 3 large customers go bankrupt, but please explain how it is that you allowed any of them to get so deep into you? No business has ever gone bankrupt for any reason other than mismanagement. As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that no customer exceeds their credit limit. The fact that three of them were allowed to do so is indicative of poor financial management. The total amount of credit any business extends should properly be limited by the amount of working capital available to it, rather than the credit worthiness of the customer(s) alone. One might miss an opportunity to earn more in the short term by not implementing a sound credit granting policy, but by taking on this "extra" unfunded business activity, puts your business on a knife edge with no allowance for any contingencies. Logically, this unfunded risk also puts your creditors at risk, as has been ably demonstrated. It's for this reason more than others that lending institutions are extremely wary of businesses with an uncontrolled growth that's not a part of their stated business plan. As a matter of fact, bank lending committees are of the opinion that unfunded growth is rather reckless behavior, and are reluctant to hitch their wagon to that team.

I do wish you every success in your new endeavor, and for the sake of your new customers and creditors, you have learned something about yourself and your limitations from all this.

Nawk

*Stands and claps at ActiveT*

Nicely put... Carriers, if you're not already dealing with this guy... you ought to... all evidence shows that he's a sound businessman,

MikeJr

Staff member
Sales Person Available??

I received the following email - anyone looking for a salesperson?

Timothy Armstrong

Experience:
Sales Manager/ Outside Sales

Accelerated Exposure

May 2007- present

• Sales and marketing of many different companies including:
• Logistics transport
• Expedite freight
• Manufacturing
• Services of many types
• Industrial products and services
• Responsible for running the company as well as hiring
• Managing and executing marketing campaigns
• Developed customer relationships for long term business
• Instilled a great customer retention program

Harrow Truck Lines
(Jan 2005 till April 2007)

Supervised a team of 4 sales people

Duties:
• Introducing the company’s service to new customers through cold calls team
• Generated over 1.5 million in direct business within a 7 month period
• Weekly Sales training and marketing strategies
• Coordinated all the staff schedules as well as after hour emergency protocol
• Performed mass hire sales recruitment at the Hilton- Power point shoot and sign up.
• Account retention- Follow up with existing accounts to ensure their loyalty.
• Marketing the company through trade shows and contacting new manufacturing facilities
• Worked directly with dispatch and booked freight with the logistics department
• attended sales calls and closed new customers.

HPD Expedite
Brampton, On
Sales rep (May 2003 – Dec 2004)

Outside Sales Agent

Duties:
• contacting new potential customers
• Developed marketing and promotional materials
• Supervision of 4 dispatchers in Logistics
• Assisted Dispatch with freight moves
• Quoted customers on a daily basis
• Account retention- Weekly visits to ensure customer loyalty

Lions Transport and Logistics
Richmond Hill, ON
(June 1998– April 2003)

US Dispatch

Duties:
• operated the entire US and Local dispatch department
• was responsible for loading and dispatched for 30 US drivers
• started the freight brokerage department
• worked after hours phone for 2 years and operated dispatch office
• set up detailed training seminar for outside sales reps.

Sales and marketing

• promoting all types of logistical services
• Sold Air, Ocean and rail shipments
• Brokered and booked all types of freight
• Ran with a US driver for over 3 months

Skills and specifications:

• Award winning sales history
• Great communications skills
• Experienced and professional customer service provider
• Fast learner and great ability to work under the least supervision
• Able to work with and supervise a sales force
• Fantastic at developing new marketing ideas to expand company exposure

I can be the outside sales rep/manager that you are looking for. I have many creative and innovative ideas for marketing the company. I have a real strong ability to keep your long term customers on board. I will bring your sales to a higher level as well as enforcing true customer loyalty. I am available in the New Year to begin to work with you to grow your company the way you have always wanted to.

Thanks for your time

Tim Armstrong
416-919-4850

Instead of dropping what I'm doing to call Tim, I will go and have lunch...

I considered posting this under joke of the day...:cool:

Keep well,

Mike

Watchdog

You don't get a second chance FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Virtual offices and TLX had a bunch and that's probably fresh in everyone's memory. If your such an honest guy Tim then what's your home address?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunkscd

Tim Armstrong real address

please use private messaging for people Private residential information

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Site Supporter
That is quite a resume

Accelerated = Bankrupt
Wheel king =Bankrupt
Harrow = Bankrupt
Lions= Bankrupt

I have 4 or 5 competitors I would like him to go work for!!

Nawk

Did he really work for all of those companies... or has he chosen companies that no longer exist to fill up his resume because his employment with them cannot be verified? I noticed that he didn't list Wheel King?

I don't trust anything this guy says or does.

Rob

Site Supporter
I know he did work at Lions I had dealings with him there. We had to hold freight hostage to get paid when I worked at Quadrant back in the 90's.

micmac

Wasn't he involved with the merger / sale of Hygrid and Ameritruck a few years ago? Think that the last time I heard anything about him.

Maggs

WOW, we have so many unethical people in this industry. Thanks for the updates on this Tim Armstrong.

sawgrass

Just got this last month. He's still going strong!

Tim Armstrong
12 Alice Ave
Markham, ON
L4P 3C8
416-919-4850

Statement of Intent
I can be the outside sales rep/manager that you are looking for. I have many creative and innovative ideas for marketing the company. I will bring your sales to a higher level as well as enforcing true customer loyalty. I am available to work with you to grow your company to the level you are seeking.
Highlight of Qualifications
Sales & Marketing
· promoting all types of business services and products. Manufacturing, Trade show booths and many different services
· Air, Ocean, Road and rail services in the Logistics field as well as Office equipment and Industrial services
· Operated Freight Brokerages. Specializing in Flatbed and unique shipping requirements
· Co-operated with a US driver for over 3 months, well versed in all aspects of the industry
Key Skills:
·Award winning sales history
· Marketing and Advertising Skills
· Extensive Sales management and training skills
· Great communications skills
· Experienced and professional customer service provider
· Fast learner and great ability to work under the least supervision
· Able to work with and supervise a sales force
· Fantastic at developing new marketing ideas to expand company exposure
Professional Experience
Sales Manager/ Outside Sales – (May 2009- present)
Accelerated Marketing Services, Newmarket, Ontario
Sales and marketing of many different companies including:
· Office equipment/Ricoh Copiers refurb
· Expedite freight
· Manufacturing
· Industrial products and services
· Responsible for running the company as well as hiring
· Managing and executing marketing campaigns
· Developed customer relationships for long term business
· Instilled a great customer retention program
Sales Manager/ Outside Sales – (Jan 2005-April 2009)
Harrow Truck Lines, Cambridge, Ontario
Supervised a team of 4 sales people
· Introducing the company’s service to new customers through cold calls team
· Generated over 1.5 million in direct business within a 7 month period
· Weekly Sales training and marketing strategies
· Coordinated all the staff schedules as well as after hour emergency protocol
· Performed mass hire sales recruitment at the Hilton- Power point shoot and sign up.
· Account retention- Follow up with existing accounts to ensure their loyalty.
· Marketing the company through trade shows and contacting new manufacturing facilities
·Worked directly with dispatch and booked freight with the logistics department
· Attended sales calls and closed new customers.
Tim Armstrong
12 Alice Ave, Newmarket ,ON
L4P 3C8
416-919-4850

Professional Experience (continued)
Outside Sales Agent – (May 2003 – Dec 2004)
HPD Expedite, Brampton, Ontario
· Contacting new potential customers
· Developed marketing and promotional materials
· Supervision of 4 dispatchers in Logistics
· Assisted Dispatch with freight moves
· Quoted customers on a daily basis
· Account retention- Weekly visits to ensure customer loyalty
Outside Sales Agent/US Dispatch – (June 1998– April 2003)
Lions Transport and Logistics, Richmond Hill, Ontario
· Operated the entire US and Local dispatch department
· Was responsible for loading and dispatched for 30 US drivers
· Started the freight brokerage department
· Worked after hours phone for 2 years and operated dispatch office
· Set up detailed training seminar for outside sales reps.