Maximum Logistics

Meleei

Could you afford to pay Ron, these collection guys don't come cheap, and for what it's worth you could likely do yourself with some integrity and firmness.
I've been dealing with Jennifer in the office over 6 months. I've tried to be agreeable, offer payment plans to get rid of $3500.00 from June 2019 and no result. I'm considering just going directly to their customer for the payment.

Jim L

You had better begin down that path to contact the consignee/shipper to at least establish a path of communication. I would have a lawyer or a paralegal draw up a demand letter. At least if they deny the claim you can move down that path if necessary. You'd be surprised how many times that demand letter will get back to the person responsible to pay it and it is quickly taken care of.

tasuinam

Sample demand letter I have used in the past - if you want to go that route:
Letter of Demand – outstanding payment
Attn: Accounting Department
I am writing in reference to Load Number XXXXX and payment not being received.
I enclose the original contract and invoice # 113 dated August 31, 2019 for the
outstanding amount of $XXX.XX.
I demand full payment of the outstanding amount within 10 working days of this
letter on Friday 13, 2019.
If this matter is not resolved by the time specified above, I reserve the right to
commence legal proceedings OR refer the matter to a collection agent to recover the
debt without further notice to you and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence
of your failure to pay. Legal action may result in you having to pay legal costs,
interest and could impact on your credit history.
Should you wish to contact me to discuss, my telephone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX

Meleei

Sample demand letter I have used in the past - if you want to go that route:
Letter of Demand – outstanding payment
Attn: Accounting Department
I am writing in reference to Load Number XXXXX and payment not being received.
I enclose the original contract and invoice # 113 dated August 31, 2019 for the
outstanding amount of $XXX.XX.
I demand full payment of the outstanding amount within 10 working days of this
letter on Friday 13, 2019.
If this matter is not resolved by the time specified above, I reserve the right to
commence legal proceedings OR refer the matter to a collection agent to recover the
debt without further notice to you and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence
of your failure to pay. Legal action may result in you having to pay legal costs,
interest and could impact on your credit history.
Should you wish to contact me to discuss, my telephone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX
Thanks for the template, I will definitely be putting this to use!