Mandatory DOT Training

keyfactor1

Received a strange final notice in the mail for Mandatory DOT online Training for a 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training. Is this real or a scam? Anyone else received one of these?

PSTC

This is a known "deceptive" marketing / advertising.

You DO need supervisor reasonable suspicion training, but you do not need it from that guy.

Do some research, out of DE but phone is out of California when you do your research.

Cher

I think they have targeted Canadian companies, if we really are not sure of the rules we may blindly comply. Taking this on the internet confirms they can be anyone they wish. We have received 3 notices and keeping on file. What is the next step, who is investigating ?

PSTC

This training is required if you send and drivers to the US. Your D&A consortium should have this training available to you.

The DOT auditor will ask you for this.

PSTC

I called them directly, they have purchased the list of "all" DOT and MC Numbers and sent letters to all of them

As a service provider, I get a ton of these in the mail every week.

Candy_7777

We received these letters as well at the same time as our DOT Audit was starting. I then inquire to our supplier for Drug and Alcohol testing and they did confirm we needed the training even though we are a small OO shop (1 truck but 2 drivers). To this day we have not done the training, there is just no time to fit it in. I expected the auditor to let us know that the training would be required but he never pointed this out although he never asked if we completed it; he only requested proof of participation in a D&A program, which we provided. The audit was finally completed in March, it took 4 months to complete and was done remotely, and we passed the audit. Once the audit completed, we did receive a final letter from these Bozos indicating this was the final letter, like the others, they went to the trash can. I guess they have their limit as to how many times they will try to get your money. Be careful with these types of requests , you should always go to the right source for information before proceeding with unknown companies. Always ensureunless they are true reps of the authorities, which this one had a name similar to the authorities but at the bottom of the letter in small print their was a disclaimer indicating that they were not the DOT.

PSTC

To this day we have not done the training, there is just no time to fit it in. I expected the auditor to let us know that the training would be required but he never pointed this out although he never asked if we completed it; he only requested proof of participation in a D&A program, which we provided.

Until you send a driver for suspected drug and alcohol use, you would never need the training, BUT, how can you know the signs and or the steps to follow if you do not do the training?

In this day and age of "Privacy" I would suggest you make the time to get this training completed and then your due diligence is covered.

That goes for anyone reading this thread who has drivers in a D&A pool.

Derek