LTL or FTL

godfather

Okay, it is seldom that I post on Link, but this week I have had to post a couple. I forgot just why I dislike Link so much, it's not because of Link, it's because of the people you end up dealing with. I really enjoy calling people when they post that they are looking for LTL or a FTL, only to find out that they only want FTL because LTL is too much work. If it's that difficult save your time as well as mine, post that you're looking for FTL only. Nothing brightens my day like wasting atleast an hour in calls for carriers that post looking for both but can't be bothered to do their job! I get it, LTL is hard, I used to do it, just a little hint. SEARCH THE CORRIDOR!!!!!!!!!! You still make a profit, and if it still doesn't make sense, you're in the wrong business, stop licking the computer screen, pack your bags and take the short bus home....

MarkD

Site Supporter
A little off base with those thoughts GF. LTL is a broad term in compassing
1sk to 18sk and I'm sure if your ltl order was 18 skids most of the carriers you called would have entertained you. It's also safe to assume your order was small and to the middle or nowhere or you wouldn't have had to make any calls because your phone would be ringing off the hook. Perhaps you did a carrier search and started calling from that list? If that's the case then you wasted your own time. Always a classy move to make fun of special needs people, perhaps your expertise and vast knowledge has come from spending time on that bus?

Have a super day! Mark D

godfather

10 skids in Sacramento,ca. They are booked... My frustration is in people wasting my time posting both then saying they only want a FTL, if that's the case post that you are looking for a FTL. Time is too precious to waste on people suffering from mental flatulation.

Salma

My complaint is similar but the other way around. We are a carrier and it really frustrates me when a load is posted on the Link as a full load, when it is actually LTL. I'm not talking about 1/2 trailers - I am talking about 1 or 2 skids. It really irritates me. :(

My complaint is similar but the other way around. We are a carrier and it really frustrates me when a load is posted on the Link as a full load, when it is actually LTL. I'm not talking about 1/2 trailers - I am talking about 1 or 2 skids. It really irritates me. :(

I really have to agree with you on this, it's just as bad as post a load with todays date, only to call and find out it doesn't move for another week or so. Or posting the load and to find out that they're just shopping for rates.....GRRRRR
Link should make them ALL post the rate in a seperate section in order to post the load and penalize people who post missleading postings. Imagine how many man hours could be saved.

bull958

Site Supporter
I'm not trying to defend anyone(especially myself), but in today's market you have to be fast on your feet to get any freight posted on Link. There are some cases where someone posts freight as LTL when it is actually a full load or vice versa. If a carrier posts just looking for F/L they won't see that posting and the person posting won't see the carrier either. So when I post my truck looking for both, I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm just covering my bases. Maybe your forgeting about the days before Link when you sometimes had to make a few phone calls and "waste your time" looking for a truck.