Looking for Carrier Review - Twinstar Transport - Dartmouth, NS

Casey

So we started doing business with this carrier and I know it is a fairly new startup.
Does anyone have any experience with them? Positive or Negative?

Also, what due diligence/research do you do to review the health of a transport company? I realize carriers are more concerned about us and we provide credit references, bank information etc and Dunn & Brad. Do you ever request this information from carriers?
I have a series of questions I ask for one load etc and my ability to judge people is exceptional, but how can we review where they are financially?
The recent Terra Nova and VA Transport situation has be concerned for our future as freight brokers.

Thanks for any insight,

KC

MikeJr

Staff member
Hey,

Paul handled a TL from the GTA to NS for us over the new year. Picked up and delivered ok. BOL signed by consignee only, not a huge red flag but most carriers ensure they are listed as transporting carrier and have the driver sign the copy we get also.

Also, WCB of NS cert was outdated in the package we received at the time we were setting him up.

Would work with again for sure.
Mike

Casey

Hey,

Paul handled a TL from the GTA to NS for us over the new year. Picked up and delivered ok. BOL signed by consignee only, not a huge red flag but most carriers ensure they are listed as transporting carrier and have the driver sign to copy we get also.

Also, WCB of NS cert was outdated in the package we received at the time we were setting him up.

Would work with again for sure.
Mike
He is definitely scattered and unorganized. Also had a late truck with 3 different excuses by the time it delivered over half a day late. So be aware is all I am saying. Once I "know" they can easily lie, I am hesitant.

JackDaniel

He is definitely scattered and unorganized. Also had a late truck with 3 different excuses by the time it delivered over half a day late. So be aware is all I am saying. Once I "know" they can easily lie, I am hesitant.
Yes some times weather plays a big part.

Casey

This had nothing to do with weather. Just a another dishonest carrier making bad decisions when taking someone freight and having no intention of meeting their delivery date. Stay away people.

JackDaniel

Actually the Hiway was closed from Edmunston to St Antonin that day. There was a noreasten storm that particular day, that started around Mallory town. You may want to bash carriers but that is unprofessional.

Casey

Actually the Hiway was closed from Edmunston to St Antonin that day. There was a noreasten storm that particular day, that started around Mallory town. You may want to bash carriers but that is unprofessional.
Why are you looking for an argument? What "Day" are you talking about? You are hilarious. At no point did I mention a "day". You are obviously affiliated with him. No need to reply, I'm using this board for part of what it is meant for. Providing information to each other. I'm warning people to avoid using a carrier that had 3 different stories why he was late on the same truck. I'm avoiding the details, as the details will only make them look worse. We watch traffic cams well into the night. We keep track of highway closures and let me assure you, there were none. We do our due diligence to ensure we are using reliable honest carriers. I was stuck and tried him again for two other loads and he was late on those too, with various excuses. Can you tell me what the fictitious highway closures were on those undisclosed days? LOL.

I understand the business we are in. It's all about supply and demand. If the demand is strong enough, a posting on a transport forum won't hurt their business. If they keep doing business the way they are, the demand won't matter. Everyone will figure them out. The bottom line is he is unreliable. If you have a load you don't care about delivery date so much, by all means take your chances.