Load Broker Contracts

BPOVFB

Who would have guessed a timely, stop-gap measure wouldn't be enforced effectively... lol.
I don't have the right to know what the wholesale cost of screws was at Rona, I'm not sure why a carrier should be privy to any rate information. Will be certainly interesting to watch though!

Michael Ludwig

I don't recall seeing a waiver clause in any of the contracts I have signed that relate to reviews of transaction records. I suspect that there will be a whack of new contracts coming out any time now that include this clause.

Last edited:

Kysanahc

Who would have guessed a timely, stop-gap measure wouldn't be enforced effectively... lol.
I don't have the right to know what the wholesale cost of screws was at Rona, I'm not sure why a carrier should be privy to any rate information. Will be certainly interesting to watch though!
Perfect analogy. I am very curious how this goes down

WALTERK

If you don't like the contract, you don't have to sign.... Am I missing something? And, if you are stupid and greedy enough to waive all your rights, why do you blame the broker?

Michael Ludwig

If you don't like the contract, you don't have to sign.... Am I missing something? And, if you are stupid and greedy enough to waive all your rights, why do you blame the broker?
I'm taking this as you are calling me stupid and greedy ... would that be a fair assumption?

WALTERK

Ha, Ha! No! This was a general comment not intended for anybody in particular -Just my view on same carriers that make their own bed but are not willing to lie in it. Maybe, I should have put it in more diplomatic terms....

Last edited:

Michael Ludwig

I figured that was it, but was just making sure :)

Yes, there are people that sign any contract put in front of them without understanding what is actually in the contract, then spend the next 6 months at the wailing wall bemoaning their troubles.
Read the damned contract before you sign it.
Use a lawyer if you don't understand it.
If you're so desperate you can't do either one, you're in the wrong business.
Just my humble 2 cents worth :)

Tip15

I figured that was it, but was just making sure :)

Yes, there are people that sign any contract put in front of them without understanding what is actually in the contract, then spend the next 6 months at the wailing wall bemoaning their troubles.
Read the damned contract before you sign it.
Use a lawyer if you don't understand it.
If you're so desperate you can't do either one, you're in the wrong business.
Just my humble 2 cents worth :)
Don't be afraid to strike out and initial parts of the contract that you do not agree with.

Michael Ludwig

While theoretically no one can contract outside the law, if you agree to it, you have very little wiggle room if the contract ever goes to court.
Additionally the courts tend to rule in favour of the contractee as opposed to the contractor where contracts are filled with legalize and double talk, and the contact is overwhelmingly in favour of the contractor. However, do not ever count on this to be your defense when taking a contract to court. Although in a case where you must sign a contract in order to get a load, are under abhorrent time constraints, tried to access a lawyer, you could conceivably prevail. However, as I said, I wouldn't count on it.

** none of what I say should be considered proper legal advice **