Load boards?

Rob

Site Supporter
Do you hear crickets? There is no other game in town (other than relationships or direct freight) for a Canadian carrier. There are other boards such ITS DAT etc but either re-brokered crap or just plain crap that we found when we tried them.

NotForHire

dat is crap, load link also on the way out, best way to book freight is through intra personal relationships. I have some guys that ive been tendering loads to for over 3 years, never seen a miss pick fee, never seen 1$ of waiting time. those are the boys that will get my precious freight when they call me and ask for it even if the rate is a bit higher, id stick with the people that got my back when i needed them vs loadlinkin dwellers

Freight Broker

ITS works well for me. Got away from the "personal relationship" way of doing things... we get lazy when we work with the same people over and over, and if the market tightens up its all about the money anyway. In 2018 alot of my personal relationship folks left me for greener pastures. I was left to fend for myself on the the ITS loadboard.... I posted and hoped like hell people would call. Well.. it turned out pretty well.. I post more now even when I've got repeat carriers available.. Now I'm ALWAYS looking for new carriers whereas before I would allow myself to get comfortable with the status quo. Don't buy into the personal relationship mantra unless it involves a dog. And don't kid yourself.. regardless of what side of the fence you're on, its always about the money.. and never about the relationship.

NotForHire

ITS works well for me. Got away from the "personal relationship" way of doing things... we get lazy when we work with the same people over and over, and if the market tightens up its all about the money anyway. In 2018 alot of my personal relationship folks left me for greener pastures. I was left to fend for myself on the the ITS loadboard.... I posted and hoped like hell people would call. Well.. it turned out pretty well.. I post more now even when I've got repeat carriers available.. Now I'm ALWAYS looking for new carriers whereas before I would allow myself to get comfortable with the status quo. Don't buy into the personal relationship mantra unless it involves a dog. And don't kid yourself.. regardless of what side of the fence you're on, its always about the money.. and never about the relationship.
Actually I’m willing to pay and more often than not find I am paying 100 -350.00$ Cdn more to someone I’ve worked with before and have a good standing relationships with. I’m young and stupid tho, so yea!

loaders

Site Supporter
I understand what you’re saying about business relationships taking second place to money, but personally, I would rather deal with a select group of repeat, reliable suppliers. Having a revolving door of carriers, who accept the lowest rates I can offer, isn’t the business model I want to use. To each their own, but I still place some value on loyalty, even in this cut throat business.

NotForHire

I understand what you’re saying about business relationships taking second place to money, but personally, I would rather deal with a select group of repeat, reliable suppliers. Having a revolving door of carriers, who accept the lowest rates I can offer, isn’t the business model I want to use. To each their own, but I still place some value on loyalty, even in this cut throat business.
loyalty over $$$

loaders

Site Supporter
Shayne, we were all "young and stupid" at some point. The trick is to change that over time so that you do not become "old and stupid". It is also important to remember that when it comes to experience, just like knowledge and money, there is always someone with more of it than you. Conduct yourself accordingly and all will be good.

Trucking18

I have some guys that ive been tendering loads to for over 3 years, never seen a miss pick fee, never seen 1$ of waiting time.

bragging he never pays wait time or missed pick fee ? LOL I bet he really loves his carriers ... LOL