LandStar

coffeegurl

Some agents are great, others are shady. Dealt with an agent in Montreal who brokered my load and it was eventually given to 4 other carriers! Make sure to include the NO DOUBLE BROKERING clause and watch them like a hawk!

klogan367

They pay. Landstar Inway's DRA just improved from 4 to 5. It seems that when you apply for credit insurance each Landstar is insured separately not as a group. Haven't used them lately but we haven't had any issues in the past.

Rob

Site Supporter
There is a group on Facebook that is saying that quite a few Landstar agents are double brokering a lot of freight right now. Landstar is also getting a basing on the same group for days to pay. I find most of the stuff posted by Landstar agents for the last few years has basically be crap.

loaders

Site Supporter
It would make sense that they would double broker, at least some of the time. If there are no Landstar trucks around, the agent would have to place the load with someone. I always thought that Landstar offices where really independent agents, as opposed to a company office, and used the Landstar name like a franchisee.

Rob

Site Supporter
It would make sense that they would double broker, at least some of the time. If there are no Landstar trucks around, the agent would have to place the load with someone. I always thought that Landstar offices where really independent agents, as opposed to a company office, and used the Landstar name like a franchisee.

I am not talking about selling their direct freight that the agent controls. They are taking loads from brokers and giving them to a non Landstar truck. That is double brokering just the same if I took a load from a broker and sold it to another carrier.

thebluffs1

Site Supporter
I am not talking about selling their direct freight that the agent controls. They are taking loads from brokers and giving them to a non Landstar truck. That is double brokering just the same if I took a load from a broker and sold it to another carrier.
Yes, Helen at QSP Agency or something like that is nothing but a double broker

Reactions: Rob

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
I looked up Landstar to see if anyone else was having problems with payments these days...

Wow, there certainly is a lot of love for Landstar here eh... haahahaaa..

I wish I could get my dispatchers to say "No Landstar over here!"... haahaa... But somehow, we keep coming back...

Anyway... When I call there and choose the option for A/P for Landstar Global Logistics, it just puts you through to a fax machine... Nice touch!

When I called back and asked reception for A/P, I was transferred to the 'hold for nobody' line... You know, the one that rings and rings no matter how long you wait, nobody picks up and there is no way to leave a voicemail...

Anyone else having problems with Landstar payments lately?

SCLBC

We have been having some issues with very slow payments, usually, with Landstar, they are very good when it comes to paying but these past few months have not been their best. The slowest payment we've had was at 90 Days (1) but we are averaging 45 Days with them.

tasuinam

Actually we just did a Landstar load about a month ago and received payment - no issues at all. We ask for it to be put on the Savings Plus card and then cash it out whenever we want. Submit paperwork thru transflo

tasuinam

I looked up Landstar to see if anyone else was having problems with payments these days...

Wow, there certainly is a lot of love for Landstar here eh... haahahaaa..

I wish I could get my dispatchers to say "No Landstar over here!"... haahaa... But somehow, we keep coming back...

Anyway... When I call there and choose the option for A/P for Landstar Global Logistics, it just puts you through to a fax machine... Nice touch!

When I called back and asked reception for A/P, I was transferred to the 'hold for nobody' line... You know, the one that rings and rings no matter how long you wait, nobody picks up and there is no way to leave a voicemail...

Anyone else having problems with Landstar payments lately?
These are the phone numbers I have:
800-741-6060
866-321-7587
800-551-8836 - to register for the savings plus card - I think there is a fee
800-435-1791 - opt 2

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
During one of the many phone calls I made to Landstar this week, I did eventually hit someone's voicemail box... Not sure who... I left a message detailing the problems I've had and said that we have no choice but to contact the customer, as we cannot get an answer from Landstar...

I then received a text msg to our main line from someone at Landstar. They gave me an email address to follow up. I sent an email and again detailed the problems I've had with them and how that affects their ability to attract carriers, and again I mentioned that I will soon make contact with their customer.

Today I received an email from a dept Director at Landstar, who apologized for the delay and the problems getting in touch with them. She also said our payment has now been processed and she has sent it by courier.

It was a much better response than I had expected and I was impressed to see she would send it by courier.

Last edited: