Landstar refusing to pay Bond charges

Trans

Hi everyone, I would like to get some advice as we had an LTL booked with Landstar agent and the customs broker was missing some info on the paperwork and they put the shipment on hold. We notified Landstar but they couldn't get it resolved on time.

So we had to put the shipment INBOUND and then it gets clear the next day and we got it delivered. Now Landstar is refusing to pay the bond charges and they don't even know what Inbound is, So what should I do in a situation like this?

This load was double brokered by Landstar as the party listed as the bill to is a different trucking company. Please let me know any possible solution to this.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Site Supporter
Hi everyone, I would like to get some advice as we had an LTL booked with Landstar agent and the customs broker was missing some info on the paperwork and they put the shipment on hold. We notified Landstar but they couldn't get it resolved on time.

So we had to put the shipment INBOUND and then it gets clear the next day and we got it delivered. Now Landstar is refusing to pay the bond charges and they don't even know what Inbound is, So what should I do in a situation like this?

This load was double brokered by Landstar as the party listed as the bill to is a different trucking company. Please let me know any possible solution to this.

Thanks in advance
I would be calling the company listed on the ppwk. Landstar calls on just about everyone of my postings (usually a eastern European accent) and wants the load. Ask them on a Landstar truck or approved carrier and same answer always it will be an approved carrier. If i want to double broker freight lots of brokers in Quebec would help me out..

Freight Broker

You need to tell them EVERYTHING and check the docs yourself. Some agents have never heard of Canada much less understand the customs requirements. Years ago I had a Landstar do a GA to St, John's NL for me.. oh boy.. First we had customs issues and then... once those got resolved the agent called to inform me that Newfoundland is an island.. was apparently news to them and their driver.

Trans

Yeah, I just called the other company and told them exactly what happened and they are going to talk to the customer now. Let's see what happens.

Is there any way we can report Landstar Agent to the corporation for not paying us?

BPOVFB

Which Agency Trans?
1-800-466-9353 is main line, but without a written confirmation of acceptance of bond charges - you may be left holding the bag for an act in good faith...

Trans

Which Agency Trans?
1-800-466-9353 is main line, but without a written confirmation of acceptance of bond charges - you may be left holding the bag for an act in good faith...
Below is the Agency

Landstar Ranger – QXF Agency

I will just give it a shot. All I'm asking for is the $170.00 no extra penny on top and he is not ready to settle at all and not answering the phone calls.