Jamie Woodley - Rome Transportation

Trucking18

We also had Issues with Rome , without getting into details it was beyond insulting the way we were treated. Tried to contact Derrek for months but we were just ignored. In court with them now. DNU list for sure.

dad2andrew

Funny, just the other day I saw on call display at work...Rome Logistics from a 519 area code. Just decided to have it sent to voicemail, and nothing.

Michael Ludwig

Simple math kids ...
Carrier states driver was loaded at 4:00 PM, and also states Rome expected delivery between 10:00 PM and 11:00 PM, same day. That is a 7 hour transit window. My miler shows 7 hours and 44 minutes transit time. As soon as it was loaded, this load was never going to make it on time. Both the driver and the carrier should have known it right then and there. The only way this was ever going to work was if the carrier put a truck on the road the minute they accepted the load.
Now I agree that Rome cannot just arbitrarily deduct $500.00 from the carrier, but the service failure is 110% on the carrier. One certainly can't blame Rome for being pissed.

Igor3083

Hello, again it was just brought to my attention the post that came back from Rome Transportation. I want to thank everyone who posted and replied including Jamie, you are a nice guy. The main thing the brokers are forgetting that the carrier is the one who is doing the actual work, bringing the freight to the destination.
PC miller is showing that the 9 hours and 15 min of driving. In theory the driver could of made it, except that the loading took a bit longer than normal and the driver hit the worst traffic in Montreal and after the traffic in Toronto. On top I will admit that the driver that was on the load is such a person that follows the rules blindly and not willing to do a single extra thing, call it a good driver or a bad driver but he actually shut down in Milton because he ran out of hours, driver based out of Montreal so he didn't go to sleep home as someone was suggesting. At the same time do not forget that the driver is a human being that needs to stop, have something to eat or use the washroom.

I am over the fact that they charged me 500$-whatever good for them. Except that when they are in need to cover the load as they can;t get another carrier to do it they still call. Last month we did 2 loads for Rome. And after reading Jamie's post I am not sure that I am willing to help them anymore.