How do we get us bonded ?

martinetav

Hello everyone,
we are looking to find out how we go about getting US Bonded. We have an opportunity for some regular work but it requires being US BONDED. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this?

chica123

Site Supporter
We use him too. You pay a one time set up fee and then a yearly renewal fee and then you really don't have anything else to do to keep it active.

bubba-one

Site Supporter
Doesn't someone from the company need to go to US customs in person and get finger printed, I here Port Huron office is better than Buffalo to deal with for the application.

bubba-one

Site Supporter
Back in 1997 I made 2 trips to Port Huron, downtown customs offfice, first trip was to file the application in person with the right dept. Then a return trip once application was precessed to post the bond and get finger printed. We have since given up our US bond as the hassle to get bonds cleared at US ports is extremely difficult and just a ain to chase after

T800

I have been CDN/USA bonded for a few years now. Never had to get finger printed.
50 % of my loads are bonded and never have a problem getting bond cleared.

chica123

Site Supporter
Companies take a huge risk by renting their bond out...I believe you might have a hard time finding someone willing to do that. I'm sorry I don't know of anyone.

martinetav

Thanks everyone. This site is fantastic. Ask a question and get many answers :) which equals many options... simply marvelous :D

boss

Site Supporter
Follow up question to this original question. Can a freight broker be US Bonded and use it to cross bonded freight into the US using non-US bonded carriers?

Thanks for the info if ya got it

T800

You would have to send a form letter with the shipment every time that you give the transporter permission to use your bond.
If the transporter screwed up and did not get the bond released or something else happened you would be on the hook with the feds not the actual transporter. Big chance to take unless you really know and trust the transporter.

ShawnR

Site Supporter
Follow up question to this original question. Can a freight broker be US Bonded and use it to cross bonded freight into the US using non-US bonded carriers?

Thanks for the info if ya got it

we do this all the time, but a simple freight broker can't do that, they need to use their asset division to get the bond then as stated earlier authorize each carrier to pick up individual loads, a release letter.

T800

You can call this guy.
Did my CDN/USA bonds a few years ago and still does my yearly renewals.
Good guy to deal with.

Wayne Noftle / President
6705 Tomken Rd., Suite 219
Mississauga, ON L5T 2J6
Tel: (800) 401-9138 Ext. 1 / Fax: (888) 795-2258 / Cell: (416) 827-9100
Email: wayne@statesideconsultants.com
Visit us at: www.statesideconsultants.com

THE TRUCK STOPS HERE! ™

Received this email Saturday morning

It is with great sorrow, and heavy hearts that we are notifying the clients of Stateside that the founder Wayne Noftle has passed away.

Wayne was our captain, we're going to miss him deeply.

The offices will be closed for the time being but will reopen in due course. We ask that you have patience with us if you have any business pending.

I've made a page at Facebook for posts / comments, anything.
https://www.facebook.com/Stateside-Transportation-Consultants-103925367691323/

(apologies if anyone receives this multiple times, there were so many emails had to do them in small batches)

Thank you.
The team at Stateside.
Scott

RIP Wayne.

You will be greatly missed.

My condolences to all family and friends.