Greenway transport out of brampton

oakwood

Has anyone dealt with this company?
Can anyone assist with information on this?
And issues on payments?
Or delay in payments?

Gord M

I'm at Greenway and I never get any calls for payables and i'm in early and often answer the phones before 9am, I think we pay in 35 days or less. I'm very interested in more feedback. "Cause I think we are awesome to deal with!

I'd like to hear from Vanspek and Woody so I can look into why you were paid that slow. 416-857-3803 Gord

ONMARST

I'm at Greenway and I never get any calls for payables and i'm in early and often answer the phones before 9am, I think we pay in 35 days or less. I'm very interested in more feedback. "Cause I think we are awesome to deal with!

I'd like to hear from Vanspek and Woody so I can look into why you were paid that slow. 416-857-3803 Gord
is this Gord Miller

ONMARST

I used to work as a owner operator. First 2 months they are very good with every one specially company driver.
but basically they trapped owner operator while hold the first 2 weeks cheques and then play around.
actually they are very smart to play

Gord M

I used to work as a owner operator. First 2 months they are very good with every one specially company driver.
but basically they trapped owner operator while hold the first 2 weeks cheques and then play around.
actually they are very smart to play
A lot of guys love the place, there is always envy in this business as it seems some guys get the best loads or better trucks, but i think they are fair here. We will hit the 200 truck plateau sometime this year, so that's a lot of drivers and o/o to keep happy.............not everyone will be.

ONMARST

I can understand gord you working with Greenway. its not matter of happiness, If company hit 200 trucks it doesn't mean that they were so kind from very begining.Now this company lifted way up so they must be nice which is fine.
But most important when hire driver this is responsibility of company to prove them by there commitment
fluctuation miles is part of industry scenario sometimes good miles sometimes not, but when you hire a driver at certain fuel cost and per miles after three months you realized it was miscommitment or breaching faith is very very common practices in industry.
I wish you good luck with Greenway

Gord M

I can understand gord you working with Greenway. its not matter of happiness, If company hit 200 trucks it doesn't mean that they were so kind from very begining.Now this company lifted way up so they must be nice which is fine.
But most important when hire driver this is responsibility of company to prove them by there commitment
fluctuation miles is part of industry scenario sometimes good miles sometimes not, but when you hire a driver at certain fuel cost and per miles after three months you realized it was miscommitment or breaching faith is very very common practices in industry.
I wish you good luck with Greenway
I understand your point but transportation is an industry like no other, look at two of the local big guys firing 50 dispatchers and clerks each and moving the operations department to India, how does a company that hires all Brampton workers compete? It has to watch every penny and be in tune with the markets, when rates go down everyone feels a little loss but we survive and get stronger. Can a company pay O/o's more than they invoice, of course not. Since it was your pay that was affected you remember it well but the mortgage got paid and you still had a job, this is the new world of transportation.....cut costs, get smarter and keep every customer at all costs.

ONMARST

sir i m running out of time pick one load in short. if company committed on contract to charge .50c cent per litre but actually charging .60 cent per litre. and upon request using delaying tactics yes we are working on and then took further 3 months to resolve thats is bad practices sir.
if i committed with you to pay 5000 per month. i have to pay you 5000 not 4000 this is just example.
greenway is flourishing now but my concern cannot say its very good company.they were not initially.
rest God knows better.
CYA

MikeJr

Staff member
I'm going to suggest we leave this conversation where it is at this point.
From what I gather Gord M is a happy employee for his own reasons and Onmarst is an unhappy ex-employee for thier own reasons. It's that simple and the rest of the details are going to be individual perspective.

I would dare suggest that the same principle would apply to all/most companies. There will always be happy and unhappy employees and always be happy and unhappy ex employees all for their own reasons.

Keep well,
Mike

Why isn't autocorrect working anymore? Grrr.

ONMARST

thank you mike it was general perspective from two different people. i know Gord M very well personally for a long time , very experienced in transportation management.
stay blessed all

Gord M

thank you mike it was general perspective from two different people. i know Gord M very well personally for a long time , very experienced in transportation management.
stay blessed all
If you speak kindly of me and you've known me personally for a long time you must be Andy, Ken, Amrit or Tanvir or....Don is that you? I have no idea who you are but I would like to know?

ONMARST

If you speak kindly of me and you've known me personally for a long time you must be Andy, Ken, Amrit or Tanvir or....Don is that you? I have no idea who you are but I would like to know?
Gord M no offence but you sound like my dad when mad he went through 5 or 6 kids name before he got to the right one.
Hi Gord M. Its a pleasure to meet you on forum , my name is Rashid Ali I worked under your guidance at KJS as a an owner operator. then i joined Greenway Carrier when i was leaving Greenway carrier you just joined before.
Hope you remember me..
now I have been working as an independent carrier
My company name is Mars Transportation Inc

Last edited:

Gord M

Hi Gord M. Its a pleasure to meet you on forum , my name is Rashid Ali I worked under your guidance at KJS as a an owner operator. then i joined Greenway Carrier when i was leaving Greenway carrier you just joined before.
Hope you remember me..
now I have been working as an independent carrier
My company name is Mars Transportation Inc
Hi Rashid, Of course I remember you. Anyone who conducts themselves as professionally as you do I never forget. I wish you well and if I can help you down the road please reach out and I will try my best. Good health and prosperity to you and your family. Gord

Trucking18

Gord what happened to KJS ... You left ? used to give you loads all the time there..

And who are the companies thats outsourced their dispatch to overseas ?

MikeJr

Staff member
For the record - KJS does not outsource their dispatch over seas. Unleess Blade is a ventriloquist and can throw his voice over an ocean...

Keep well,
Mike